Pleba Girls Party - Give Us What We Want!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's such a shame.

:crack: I'm trying to interpret this InfraRed spectrum of my compound I made in the lab, but there's one peak that just hurts my brain. I can't find anything at that location online, NOTHING AT ALL! :scream:

ITH summary (background - this year it was only one night. They had the U2 Songbook first, which was local indie artists covering various U2 songs... this was the second year they've done that and the thing I love most is the obscure stuff that gets covered :love: Last year someone did North and South of the River, another woman did Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad, a guy snuck in the Dalton Brothers song Lucille, etc... *G*)

Pretty good - there were some great performances and some.. well, not so great :wink: The guy who completely screwed up Desire last year was back and redeemed himself in regards to that song... then proceeded to completely fuck up part of Angel of Harlem :lol:

OTOH, this band from Brampton called Touch Me Airbourne Plague did an absolutely kickass version of LNOE, and two other great covers that I'm trying to remember at the moment - I was working at the merch table for most of the Songbook part of the evening, and for the first couple hours the sound from the stage was competing with the all ages show going on downstairs.. and, alas, the normal TO crowd thing of talking more the further back they were from the stage :sigh: Made it difficult for me to hear at times since the merch table was at the back, and also fairly close to an outside wall where the music from downstairs was coming through the windows :(

I wish I could remember the band that covered ASOH... There was a performer from last year who was back and did some great covers, including Hands That Built America (though she was competing with a very loud song from downstairs at the time, and it took me most of the song to figure out what she was doing from the bits and pieces I could hear). Code Revival did MLK ( :heart: ), Peace on Earth ( :heart: ) and So Cruel ( :applaud: ).

The only really unfortunate thing was that they were running behind all night, so Elevation only ended up having 45 mins for their headlining set... but they rocked those 45 mins *G*

Btw, I won a kickass concert pic of :edge: and :adam: that I'd wanted as soon as I saw it in the display they had at the door :D I think some of our :edge: girls would love this pic :wink:

Potential error?

Shit happens.

*peeks about*
Hey guys!
Long time! :reject:
:hug:

Could be, could be some traces of the stuff I made it from. :crack: But apparently according to my friend it's a C-benzene ring stretch vibration... ah well, I've one more day till I gotta hand in my paper so I'll fix that after lab today.

:shifty: another day with our hot assistant..

Could be, could be some traces of the stuff I made it from. :crack: But apparently according to my friend it's a C-benzene ring stretch vibration... ah well, I've one more day till I gotta hand in my paper so I'll fix that after lab today.

:shifty: another day with our hot assistant..

C-benzene ring stretch vibration... of course...

:confused:

Sounds kinda dodgy. But then I've probably been hanging around with PLEBAns too long... :wink:

More people seriously have to stop having personal lives and get their asses back here... and stay for a lot longer than they do :grumpy:

No other news from the snowy north, except that it still isn't snowy (THANK GOD!!!), and my friends are the bestest in the entire universe. My best friend has planned her birthday party earlier this year, just because I told her I wanted something to look forward to :love:

More people seriously have to stop having personal lives and get their asses back here... and stay for a lot longer than they do :grumpy:

No other news from the snowy north, except that it still isn't snowy (THANK GOD!!!), and my friends are the bestest in the entire universe. My best friend has planned her birthday party earlier this year, just because I told her I wanted something to look forward to :love:

That's very cool of her! :up:

If you want snow, I think Canada's been having some... :wink:

Hi Jez :D

Hey Ali!

Yeah, I know, she's a great friend. I have no idea how she's been able to put up with me, but we've now known each other for almost ten years. We have similar interests and she really knows how I work, which is the best thing ever. Unfortunately, she's working her ass off, and I've been so busy with school, that we haven't seen each other for ages, so a real party is going to be great... except for the fact that she's borrowing all sing star games from a friend, so that's what we'll be doing all night :lol:
I told her that for me to sing infron of all the other people that is going to be there, I'm going to need lots of drinks, and she told me she'd already taken care of that :lol:

So what are you up to?

*seconded*

:drool: Snowww.. damn I wish it would snow here!

Anyone of you have any knowledge on dental problems? My mouth's been hurting a couple of days now.. not the gums, but the opposing side of my jaw(lip side) is hurting... and now the bottom of my jaw hurts too.. :crack: I am so not going to the Butcher/dentist.

Zu. the glorious party is the 29th, so I've taken 29th and 30th of the schedule for work. I only sign up for the days I can work, and if they need me, they'll call me then. But I'm so not counting on being able to work the 30th! :D

GG, I have an idea what it might be, although I'm not a dentist, so don't take my word for anything. But the teeth you have in the back of your mouth, the ones really far in the back, the ones you don't get until you're an adult (if you're "lucky"), the ones we in Sweden call "wisdom teeth"... I don't know if that's what they're called in English... anyways, end of rambling. If you have a problem with them, if they're broken or have holes in them, they can make your whole jaw ache. Both mine in the upper jaw fell apart, and it hurt like hell in my front teeth. The weird part is, there was no pain at all in the teeth that were broken. We have free dental care in Sweden until you turn 19, and after that I never went back, except for when those teeth went bad. It's really quickly done, though, dentists usually never tries to fix those teeth, so they just pull them out, and then it's done. It's easy for me to say, though, I don't have any problems going to the dentist, except that it costs a fortune, and I'm lazy :reject: :shrug:

End of novel :wink:

Hey Ali!

Yeah, I know, she's a great friend. I have no idea how she's been able to put up with me, but we've now known each other for almost ten years. We have similar interests and she really knows how I work, which is the best thing ever. Unfortunately, she's working her ass off, and I've been so busy with school, that we haven't seen each other for ages, so a real party is going to be great... except for the fact that she's borrowing all sing star games from a friend, so that's what we'll be doing all night :lol:
I told her that for me to sing infron of all the other people that is going to be there, I'm going to need lots of drinks, and she told me she'd already taken care of that :lol:

So what are you up to?

That's so cool. And I'm sure singstar will be loads of fun, after a few drinks... :lol:
I'd prefer guitar hero, myself... :wink:

I'm planning a birthday dinner for myself and a bunch of friends/family... we're going to teppanyaki on Saturday for dinner. I've never been before, should be interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom