Pleba Girls (and Guys)' Party - Just the bang and the clatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:

Texas. :drool: Do they have accents? I have a weakness for Texans. :shifty:

:shifty: :drool: Unfortunately no. My cousin has this weird mix between a Northern Irish and American accent even though he's lived in Toronto most of his life. :lol: His wife is from Kentucky though so she has that good ol' southern one.

FlyYourKite said:

:shifty: :drool: Unfortunately no. My cousin has this weird mix between a Northern Irish and American accent even though he's lived in Toronto most of his life. :lol: His wife is from Kentucky though so she has that good ol' southern one.

How multicultural! :lol:

So what are your plans for the rest of the summer, now that you're free? :)

VintagePunk said:

How multicultural! :lol:

So what are your plans for the rest of the summer, now that you're free? :)

:lol: Yeah they're an interesting bunch!

Hmm right now my main focus is getting a job. I've had nothing yet, but I've only been back since Tuesday so I guess I need to be patient. :wink: No elaborate plans of yet though. What about yourself?

Oh I AM buying a Macbook tomorrow though! :shifty: :love:

VintagePunk said:

That would be amazing. :drool:

Sorta like when I saw Great Big Sea at the Horseshoe, they were playing a benefit there, and I was right in front of the stage...literally touching distance. :lol:

I didn't, though, I behaved. :shifty:

:giggle: I can understand the temptation though :wink:

FlyYourKite said:

:lol: Yeah they're an interesting bunch!

Hmm right now my main focus is getting a job. I've had nothing yet, but I've only been back since Tuesday so I guess I need to be patient. :wink: No elaborate plans of yet though. What about yourself?

Oh I AM buying a Macbook tomorrow though! :shifty: :love:

Yay for your new computer! :hyper: And I'm sure you'll get a job in no time. :)

As for me...well, a few things have changed since you left.

Kelly was put to sleep two weeks ago. :( Two weeks before that, she'd been diagnosed with splenic cancer. :( We tried to make her comfortable and enjoy her as much as we could, but she went downhill fast.

And, that guy I'd been seeing, that's over.

So, I dunno about summer. I need to get a job ASAP, and finish my thesis...but lately, I've just been concentrating on holding it together.

[/depressing post]

:lol:

VintagePunk said:

The title of it is:

Perfectionism as a Mediator or Moderator of Adult Attachment and Depression: An Interpersonal Perspective

because any decent thesis has to have a colon in its title. :lol:

hahah
yes, yes it does ...

VintagePunk said:

Yay for your new computer! :hyper: And I'm sure you'll get a job in no time. :)

As for me...well, a few things have changed since you left.

Kelly was put to sleep two weeks ago. :( Two weeks before that, she'd been diagnosed with splenic cancer. :( We tried to make her comfortable and enjoy her as much as we could, but she went downhill fast.

And, that guy I'd been seeing, that's over.

So, I dunno about summer. I need to get a job ASAP, and finish my thesis...but lately, I've just been concentrating on holding it together.

[/depressing post]

:lol:

Oh VP :( :hug: I am so sorry to hear about that. Splenic cancer, how tragic. I'm sure she knew and felt how much she was loved. :heart: How is Sarah holding up?

By the way, I need to practice driving on highways so I can go for my G sometime in the not-too-distant future. Perhaps I could practice up to your neck of the woods. :shifty: :wink:

FlyYourKite said:

I'm getting just the Macbook, not the Macbook Pro. I'd love to :drool: but I don't have that kind of moolah. :lol:

i like my little macbook
i have worn it out though ;D

i have heard the new ones are
pretty cool too... and very very
versatile

VintagePunk said:

The title of it is:

Perfectionism as a Mediator or Moderator of Adult Attachment and Depression: An Interpersonal Perspective

because any decent thesis has to have a colon in its title. :lol:

Isn't that Rule No. 1 of any academic paper's title: Use a Colon? :giggle:

Rule No. 2: No Humor Allowed in a Title. :shame:
Which is one reason why I'm not currently pursuing a career in academia.

FlyYourKite said:

Oh VP :( :hug: I am so sorry to hear about that. Splenic cancer, how tragic. I'm sure she knew and felt how much she was loved. :heart: How is Sarah holding up?

By the way, I need to practice driving on highways so I can go for my G sometime in the not-too-distant future. Perhaps I could practice up to your neck of the woods. :shifty: :wink:

I don't want to depress everyone...but it was awful. When it was time, we took her to a vet who lives a few farms down from my sister's, and then we took her over to my sister's to bury her. Sarah was petting her as she went. For a couple days all we did was cry. And I guess since then it's gotten a bit easier. But not really. Am I making sense? :lol: Little things bring it all back.

Last night I rented Must Love Dogs (without even thinking :reject: ) and we watched it today...near the end, there was a scene with a big black dog, and she started crying...I felt awful. :( We've had Kelly since she was 5...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom