Pleba Girls (and Guy(s)) Party - Hawaiian Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VP - I sympathize with the flying thing :lol: I realize that a book tour would quite possibly result in plane travel :yikes: and I can't really even think about it :no:

besides, don't they say that all psychologists have something lurking in their own life? a simple fear of flying isn't too bad :wink:

Diane :hug: it's so good to see you feeling a bit happier tonight :yes:

and yes, SimAdam is a bit of a rascal :flirt: one of his current goals is to have three lovers at once :ohmy: (So far, he only has SimDiane, though SimCarmel is clearly on the hook... ) and he's coming up to his Junior year, and often their goals change drastically at that point :wink:

sami0201 said:

:lol : :drool : :drool :

In a way, I kind of hope that when I see him he'll have changed and look much older ( :lmao : ) and not as good. But I don't think it'll happen!!

Sarah and I seem to have so much in common! :love: But I don't think her men are as old as mine. :scream: And as REAL. :silent:

:lmao: about his sudden aging, and the Sarah thing!! She's gotten close to her music teacher, but I think he's more 30-ish, and I'm fairly certain it's platonic. :wink: She's really upset though, that he's not coming back in Sept. :( She found out from a friend a few weeks ago that he got a position closer to his home (the city where my school is, actually) at an arts high school. :( She's upset about him leaving, and she's also worried about what's going to happen with their extra-curricular music program. :(

Other that that, hers are all celebrity. She says Johnny is her fake husband, and she has numerous fake boyfriends, including Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Anderson Cooper and George Strobolopolis (sp), the latter of whom she had her pic taken with at a U2 show in Toronto (have you seen it??)...along with Anthony Stewart-Head, who played Giles in Buffy. We were laughing that there are no musicians on the list, unlike her mother. :wink:

Diane L said:

Hi VP!!

I just went over to Television Without Pity, and I'm reading posts for The Colbert Report, which is my new obsession. Stephen Colbert is so darn hilarious...I watched yesterday's show three times. It's something to look forward to, and for a half-hour, all is right with the world.

We watch The Daily Show/The Colbert Report every night...Sarah's more obsessed with them than I am, though. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

We watch The Daily Show/The Colbert Report every night...Sarah's more obsessed with them than I am, though. :lol:

It's sheer comedy gold. Last night's shows were amazing, just amazing. Stupid Geraldo Rivera was dissing on Jon, Stephen and my newsman crush, Keith Olbermann, on Bill O'Reilly's show. So Colbert was telling Jon Stewart to apologize to Geraldo, and he's pissed because Jon refuses to do so. He plays that character really, really well.

VintagePunk said:

:l mao: about his sudden aging, and the Sarah thing!! She's gotten close to her music teacher, but I think he's more 30-ish, and I'm fairly certain it's platonic. :win k: She's really upset though, that he's not coming back in Sept. : ( She found out from a friend a few weeks ago that he got a position closer to his home (the city where my school is, actually) at an arts high school. : ( She's upset about him leaving, and she's also worried about what's going to happen with their extra-curricular music program. : (

Other that that, hers are all celebrity. She says Johnny is her fake husband, and she has numerous fake boyfriends, including Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Anderson Cooper and George Strobolopolis (sp), the latter of whom she had her pic taken with at a U2 show in Toronto (have you seen it??)...along with Anthony Stewart-Head, who played Giles in Buffy. We were laughing that there are no musicians on the list, unlike her mother. :w ink:

That's the problem, mine's kind of not platonic! :scream: And he's got like 20 years on Sarah's! :scream: :lmao:
Oh wow that sucks about her teacher. :( I'd be devastated if mine wasn't coming back. But after this year, I don't care what he does. :wink: I hope that the music program stays the way it was!

I haven't seen that picture, I don't even know who he is. :reject: The rest of mine are mostly celebrity too, but it's not uncommon for me to see an older man on the street and do a double take. :wink:

One more thing from the wedding. I missed the first part though. But it's fun when you're aunt is a huge U2 fan. :wink:

*or not. :huh: It's not working. :shrug:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
VP - I sympathize with the flying thing :lol: I realize that a book tour would quite possibly result in plane travel :yikes: and I can't really even think about it :no:

besides, don't they say that all psychologists have something lurking in their own life? a simple fear of flying isn't too bad :wink:

Dammit, we should just hop in a car and do our conferences/book tour! :angry: :lol:

The clinical psychologists I've gotten to know on a personal basis at school are some of the most neurotic, strange people I've ever met, and I suppose I fit right in with them in that respect. :lol: And my cousin I spent the weekend with last weekend, she works at a mental health facility in administration, works closely with psychologists, and she said the same thing. I think acknowledgement of and interest in one's own neuroses is what attracts certain types to the profession. :lol:

Drea said:
Home and caught up :D

Naughty Sim!Adam :tsk: :shame: :lol:

*waits to see if there's any more sims*

:lol: he's fairly realistic, no? :sexywink:

and no, not tonight - I do have a few pics still caught in the game but I haven't got the patience to dig them out and organize them tonight - tomorrow I promise :)

:hug: How are you tonight?

Diane L said:

It's sheer comedy gold. Last night's shows were amazing, just amazing. Stupid Geraldo Rivera was dissing on Jon, Stephen and my newsman crush, Keith Olbermann, on Bill O'Reilly's show. So Colbert was telling Jon Stewart to apologize to Geraldo, and he's pissed because Jon refuses to do so. He plays that character really, really well.

And Stephen put Jon on notice, and then didn't follow through on his show! :angry: :lol:

For you cat lovers out there, this was from Colbert's show a few nights ago :cute: :love:

http://kittenwar.com

We've wasted several hours on this site. :reject: :lol: :cute:

VintagePunk said:

Dammit, we should just hop in a car and do our conferences/book tour! :angry: :lol:

The clinical psychologists I've gotten to know on a personal basis at school are some of the most neurotic, strange people I've ever met, and I suppose I fit right in with them in that respect. :lol: And my cousin I spent the weekend with last weekend, she works at a mental health facility in administration, works closely with psychologists, and she said the same thing. I think acknowledgement of and interest in one's own neuroses is what attracts certain types to the profession. :lol:

:yes: I can admit my own experience with counseling for the depression played a big role in my decision to study it, even if it was only for a few semesters :reject:

(I also have trouble finishing things :shifty: :lol: )

VintagePunk said:

And Stephen put Jon on notice, and then didn't follow through on his show! :angry: :lol:

For you cat lovers out there, this was from Colbert's show a few nights ago :cute: :love:

http://kittenwar.com

We've wasted several hours on this site. :reject: :lol: :cute:

And I can't believe that apparently, Colbert has a sizable fangirl following!

I thought I was the only one! :reject: Seriously, he reminds me of my newsman crush, Keith Olbermann. I do so like brainy men!!!

Doing good. I had a fun evening with a friend of mine. We had pizza and beer and watched Sleepless in Seattle. She had never seen it before! :ohmy: That girl has seen literally NO movies! :lmao: I'm going to be changing that for her though.

I also was telling her about the Sing With Me game here, and played her a couple of the songs we did. :lmao: I think I've convinced her to join the site! :hyper:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: he's fairly realistic, no? :sexywink:

and no, not tonight - I do have a few pics still caught in the game but I haven't got the patience to dig them out and organize them tonight - tomorrow I promise :)

:hug: How are you tonight?

*snerk*

Pretty good.. really small group of us at the DKN tonight, there couldn't've been more than 15 at most - no clue where everybody else was :wink: Still fun though *g*

sami0201 said:

I haven't seen that picture, I don't even know who he is. :reject: The rest of mine are mostly celebrity too, but it's not uncommon for me to see an older man on the street and do a double take. :wink:

He was a VJ on Much Music for years, and he only did cool music! :yes: He did New Music, the Punk Show, etc... now, he has a program on a Canadian news network - pop culture and current events. He's awesome, and he was SO nice when we met him at the show! :love:

DSC00580.jpg

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: I can admit my own experience with counseling for the depression played a big role in my decision to study it, even if it was only for a few semesters :reject:

(I also have trouble finishing things :shifty: :lol: )

:lol: :hug: It's not a problem with finishing things, it's more a matter of finding something you'd rather do *coughU2tourcough* :wink:

Hi Thora, Drea!! :hug:

ThoraSEB said:
George!!! :drool: :love: He is so awesome! :rockon:

OMG, he IS, and he was so nice!! I interrupted him when he was in the middle of a conversation with someone else. :reject: I normally have better social skills than that, but I was so excited to see him! :lol: :reject: He stopped talking, came over to us, asked both our names, shook our hands, and then posed for the pic with Sarah...he asked Sarah's name, and then he asked her "with an h?" She was so happy. :love: :lol:

VintagePunk said:

OMG, he IS, and he was so nice!! I interrupted him when he was in the middle of a conversation with someone else. :reject: I normally have better social skills than that, but I was so excited to see him! :lol: :reject: He stopped talking, came over to us, asked both our names, shook our hands, and then posed for the pic with Sarah...he asked Sarah's name, and then he asked her "with an h?" She was so happy. :love: :lol:

That's so sweet! :love: I've never met him before, but have seen him around Vancouver occasionally. Never had the guts to go up to him. :lol: From what I've heard from friends who have met him, they all say he's wonderful.

I loved watching and listening to him, and especially loved his interview with U2. He knows his shit!! :up:

Diane L said:
Sarah is so cute!!!

I miss MuchMusic USA really, REALLY badly. I never would have heard the Matthew Good Band without it. Now we have Fuse, which seems like it's mostly heavy metal.

Unfortunately, Much Music has gone down the tubes the past few years. :( :sad: It's gone the way of MTV...a lot of reality shows, and mostly crappy pop and hip-hop. We just finished watching the only good show they still have, The Wedge, featuring mostly indie and cool music. It's only an hour a week though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom