Pleba Girls (and Guy(s)) Party - Hawaiian Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad_Girl said:
3JD.jpg

A good view of the Wino Forever tattoo!!!! :lmao: :cute:

VP - I mostly thought that JD was an asshole for the entire competition. However, I thought Pretty Vegas was an awesome song, and I loved it right away. Marty's song Trees is fabulous as well. I knew he would end up winning, which pissed me off last summer, but now I love him. :lol:

ThoraSEB said:
VP - I mostly thought that JD was an asshole for the entire competition. However, I thought Pretty Vegas was an awesome song, and I loved it right away. Marty's song Trees is fabulous as well. I knew he would end up winning, which pissed me off last summer, but now I love him. :lol:

I was really happy with the way they treated Marty in the end :up:

and Trees is a great song! :rockon:

Sad_Girl said:

I went back and forth a bit on how I felt about JD I loved him, then I thought he was a jerk, then in the end I really felt he was the right one for the band. He did push people away a bit with some of his behavior but he was talented, and that was a threat to them, as well. He would've fit in well with Supernova, actually! :lol: the guys from INXS were so nice that his attitude gave me some cause for doubt - but It seems to be working out for them, so all's well that ends well

I'm completely obsessed, and (as I've PM'd to Thora), we've found links to all the episodes of the old show, so we're gonna watch them in order. From what I've seen so far though, I think I would have been a big fan of JD and Jordis. :) Sarah thinks that Marty is the spawn of David Bowie ala Labyrinth, and Lucius Malfoy from the Harry Potter movies. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

I'm completely obsessed, and (as I've PM'd to Thora), we've found links to all the episodes of the old show, so we're gonna watch them in order. From what I've seen so far though, I think I would have been a big fan of JD and Jordis. :) Sarah thinks that Marty is the spawn of David Bowie ala Labyrinth, and Lucius Malfoy from the Harry Potter movies. :lol:

Marty was my favorite for most of the season - Jordis was great, too though

and I thought Mig was HOT! :combust:

I really fell for Marty after he did 'Wish you were here' :heart:

VintagePunk said:

Marty and his band apparently opened for INXS on a bunch of dates, after the show was over. :)

yeah, on the last show when they chose JD they told Marty they wanted him to be their opening act :up:

VintagePunk said:

:lmao:

I'm actually watching old performances on YouTube right now! :lol: Last season I loved Mig, Jordis and Suzie. There were a couple of others that jumped into my favourites every now and then, but it was basically those three that I loved right from the beginning.

Apparently Marty and his band the Lovehammers kicked ass at Lee's Palace on Thursday night, to go by what got posted to the U2 GTA board VP :)

I saw the video of Marty doing WYWH....it was great, he did a really good job, but I think I'm heavily biased because of my whole Pink floyd/seeing David Gilmour thing this year.

Haven't seen that many of Mig's performances, but I know I watched at least a couple of them. :hmm:

ThoraSEB said:

I'm actually watching old performances on YouTube right now! :lol: Last season I loved Mig, Jordis and Suzie. There were a couple of others that jumped into my favourites every now and then, but it was basically those three that I loved right from the beginning.

:lol:

Y'know, if you see any good ones, you could send me the links. :angry: :lmao:

Oh, SG, I know you don't like Lukas, but I found a YouTube file where he's singing with his toronto band. You know the whole controversy about how he can't sing, needs to open his throat, has no range, etc? Well, in this file, he can and clearly does sing, and has an amazing range. :drool: It might work for you because it's not video-intensive...it's three songs with just a graphic in the video screen while each song is playing. If you're interested, I could send it to you. :)

And as Thora and I have discussed, I don't understand what his reluctance (till Creep this week) to show off his upper register was...unless it was a strategy thing, save it till later, and blow them away??

VintagePunk said:

:drool:

I swear, if I lived in Toronto, I'd be out in bars every night. It wouldn't be pretty. :lol:

Somehow I doubt that... :wink:

You HAVE to come up in October though for that JT/Pop show Elevation's doing at Healey's though :D :hyper:

ThoraSEB said:
Marty - Wish You Were Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiUGm5aIWYA

The first time I heard this I cried. :reject: It really fit the situation I was in at the time. Such an awesome performance!

OMG I was a total wreck that whole night! I bawled my eyes out! :sad: :hug:

VP - I don't know what to think of Lukas - I have a tendancy to be stubborn about something once an impression is made - I try to be openminded and overcome that instinct but it is definitely still there and Lukas is one of those people who I have a hard time even trying to like :reject: which doesn't actually reflect on his talent, I'm sure. My personal feeling s just get in the way of my ability to really watch/listen

Last edited:
I love Bohemian Rhapsody! That song makes me laugh so hard every time I hear it. :lol: I really liked Suzie's encore version of that. I have it on video, but haven't seen it on YouTube yet.

My roomies and I would scream along to that song, and I can usually hit the highest note. I have a pretty good vocal range. It didn't sound pretty when we would sing it though. :lmao:

Drea said:

Somehow I doubt that... :wink:

You HAVE to come up in October though for that JT/Pop show Elevation's doing at Healey's though :D :hyper:

The night we saw Gilmour, there was a 50-ish woman sitting beside us all alone. She'd bought tickets for her son the night before, and her friend had bought her a ticket for her birthday that night (the friend couldn't afford to come)...and I was listening to her talking about all the things she goes to alone, and I was totally thinking "if I lived here, we could be bff, and I'd go to everything with you..." :lol:

VintagePunk said:

The night we saw Gilmour, there was a 50-ish woman sitting beside us all alone. She'd bought tickets for her son the night before, and her friend had bought her a ticket for her birthday that night (the friend couldn't afford to come)...and I was listening to her talking about all the things she goes to alone, and I was totally thinking "if I lived here, we could be bff, and I'd go to everything with you..." :lol:

We really need to start that commune :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

OMG I was a total wreck that whole night! I bawled my eyes out! :sad: :hug:

VP - I don't know what to think of Lukas - I have a tendancy to be stubborn about something once an impression is made - I try to be openminded and overcome that instinct but it is definitely still there and Lukas is one of those people who I have a hard time even trying to like :reject: which doesn't actually reflect on his talent, I'm sure. My personal feeling s just get in the way of my ability to really watch/listen

I know exactly what you mean - it's really hard not to let personal feelings enter into it. :yes: It is for me, too. I think the thing that saves me is being Mark Burnett's bitch for so many years, and having a familiarity with how he edits his shows to have clear villans...he manipulates the audience terribly. That said, I couldn't stand Lukas the first week or so, he actually repulsed me. :reject: Now, I think he's cool, and a great fit for the band. :) I still haven't been able to bring myself to like Ryan or (sorry!) Toby yet.

ThoraSEB said:
I love Bohemian Rhapsody! That song makes me laugh so hard every time I hear it. :lol: I really liked Suzie's encore version of that. I have it on video, but haven't seen it on YouTube yet.

My roomies and I would scream along to that song, and I can usually hit the highest note. I have a pretty good vocal range. It didn't sound pretty when we would sing it though. :lmao:

We can hit it...let's just say the sound we make should be criminally illegal. :lmao:

^:lmao:

No, what would be "criminally illegal" is *me* trying to hit that note... I am, as a friend once put it, "very much an alto" :lol: I sang Stuck in kareoke while I was in Niagara Falls and *really* had to lower Edge's falsetto "And if the night runs over..." at the end :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom