Planing on seeing multiple shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
I need some advice from those who have done it before. I am planning on seeing multiple shows on this tour. Has anyone here or no of anyone who had done it during the Elevation or Popmart tour? What is the best way to get cheap flights. Cheaptickets and all those on-line booking companies aren't the cheapest anymore. What about getting tickets to multiple shows? Did you guys just buy from scalpers?

Yeah I'm also desperate to see multiple shows, sorry to hijack your thread but can I also have advice but from a European perspective.

Good Luck!!

Here in England U2 tickets are like gold dust I never had a problem until the Elevation Tour and with all the internet hype it will be almost impossible now Propaganda is no more.

Single tickets were easy and cheap on ebay, and singles are easy (relatively) through Ticketbastard. I drove to the Elevation shows near me (SLC and Phoenix). My situation is different though because they play multiple shows in both LA and OC, so it's not too hard to get to them.

Without Prop, though, we might all be fucked.

From previous experience.... (i wish i was a propaganda member back then).... I wouldn't use ticketbastard again.... they screwed up the placement and I ended up missing out on the Elevation tour .

how else can you get tickets besides ticketbastard?

martha im in southern california also so any tips would be great!

I'm planning on flying from Australia to the US for the first leg - specifically Atlanta and anywhere nearby - so I really have no clue how I'm going to do this.

One thing that does confuse me is how people say that without Propaganda, we're all screwed. How so? Who but the fans are buying the tickets? And if fans can't buy tickets with ease, how is it we're meant to get to shows?

Prop got me a kick-ass seat to SLC. I got the rest through ebay, but it's easy to get singles; they go for face plus postage. You know, I shouldn't be telling people about this. Now the singles will get expensive. :angry:

I got seats through standing in line at Tower for Ticketbastard. Again, singles. Axver, the fans are the ones buying the tickets; it's just that there are more fans than seats. And some scalpers send mercenaries out to buy blocks of seats.

dLP-- Get you car in good shape and hit the road for Utah and Arizona. Phoenix in April was a great show. Loudest crowd ever at any concert I've ever been to!!

Also, I didn't want to be in the heart. I'm short, so I can't see a damn thing if I'm standing at a show. I didn't mind if I had high seats; at least I was there six times! Non-heart tickets were easier to get and I didn't have to wait in line to be first. I could spend my days working to pay for the tickets or driving to the shows. :D

For Elevation I used Propaganda for 2 shows (1st & 3rd) legs and Ebay for 1, a ticket broker for 2 (to get GA) and Ticketmaster for the rest.

Where there is a will there is a way.

If you really want tickets (and have cash) you can pretty much go to as many shows as you want here in the U.S.

martha said:
Single tickets were easy and cheap on ebay, and singles are easy (relatively) through Ticketbastard. I drove to the Elevation shows near me (SLC and Phoenix). My situation is different though because they play multiple shows in both LA and OC, so it's not too hard to get to them.

Without Prop, though, we might all be fucked.

I will be traveling alone with the hopes of meeting up with others on interference during the shows.

It depends what kind of ticket you are looking for. Crap tickets are always available at cost pretty much, or even below.

If you're travelling, I think the best thing is probably to fly into a city with multiple shows, like 3-4 (ie. Boston, NYC, Chicago, LA) because you get to see 4 shows in a single stretch without spending extra money on transportation from city to city, especially if you're not a local and don't have access to a car.

I will probably catch the shows around here like Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo, maybe Detroit and then fly out to Boston or Chicago, depending on where the flight is cheaper to. I've found that travel agents find better deals for me on flights and hotels than the Internet does, especially if you have a lifelong agent who is a friend.

martha said:
Prop got me a kick-ass seat to SLC. I got the rest through ebay, but it's easy to get singles; they go for face plus postage. You know, I shouldn't be telling people about this. Now the singles will get expensive. :angry:

I got seats through standing in line at Tower for Ticketbastard. Again, singles. Axver, the fans are the ones buying the tickets; it's just that there are more fans than seats. And some scalpers send mercenaries out to buy blocks of seats.

dLP-- Get you car in good shape and hit the road for Utah and Arizona. Phoenix in April was a great show. Loudest crowd ever at any concert I've ever been to!!

Singles won't get expensive 'cause people like to travel in pairs and most are afraid to go to a show by themselves. I doubt they will be that expensive. I did buy singles for Bowie and yes they were cheap. But if it is GA, singles will get expensive since it is easy to find another person with a GA.

ramblin rose said:
For Elevation I used Propaganda for 2 shows (1st & 3rd) legs and Ebay for 1, a ticket broker for 2 (to get GA) and Ticketmaster for the rest.

Where there is a will there is a way.

If you really want tickets (and have cash) you can pretty much go to as many shows as you want here in the U.S.

I am not a millionare but not afraid to spend the $$$ but would like to do it on a reasonable budget.

How sure are we that Propaganda is going to be no use to us?
I only ask because I read that along with the domain names that were registered for Vertigo some worded around Propaganda were also re-registered.

Well since no one mentioned plane tickets yet, I usually just use Travelocity. Get them as far in advance as you can and you can usually get a pretty good deal. I'm spoiled though because Atlanta is such a cheap hub to fly out of. :|

Southwest is cheap if you can put up with it.

neutral said:
Well since no one mentioned plane tickets yet, I usually just use Travelocity. Get them as far in advance as you can and you can usually get a pretty good deal. I'm spoiled though because Atlanta is such a cheap hub to fly out of. :|

Southwest is cheap if you can put up with it.

thank you on airline info, that is on the lines of what i WAS looking for and you were the first to mention something surprisingly :p

cheap tix i dont know but i went to 5 elevation shows. i live in cincy ohio so since they havent played in cincinnati ohio since the early early 80s i went to shows within a 5 hour driving span, such as chicago.

i plan on going to 3 shows at the very least possibly more. that all depends on job situation and $.

martha said:
Axver, the fans are the ones buying the tickets; it's just that there are more fans than seats. And some scalpers send mercenaries out to buy blocks of seats.

*smacks head* Duh, yes. U2 need to play more shows! I'm just worried because I'll be flying over from Australia, and that's rather daunting for me. I don't want to run any risks, and I would like to get decent tickets, though often when I read discussions about buying tickets, I get more worried. I'm reading rumours on @U2 that there will be some new fan club thing where people will be able to buy pre-order tickets ... I'm hoping that's true, because I'm not a Propaganda member.

Oh, one question I forgot to ask - roughly how soon after tour dates are announced do the tickets go on sale?

Propaganda always made it easier and typically you got very good seats or at least got tickets. The recent news here and what I heard a year ago was that Prop "might" not be dead as far as tickets go. They do still have one more issue to do. So "maybe" they will do tickets one last time. Its not really Prop though, it was done through Target Tours out of PA. Principle hired them to distribute fan club tickets. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I have seen at least 8 shows on each tour since Zoo and Prop limits the number of tickets you can purchase. So I always have had to fend for myself for a few shows. What I have found is where there is a will there is a way. First option is try to get them through Ticketmaster or the pre sales. Sometimes you get lucky. I was able to get the Notre Dame tickets on the pre sale once and I got through on Ticketmaster for a couple of others on Elevation (I was in GA for 8 out of the 9 Elevation shows I attended which was what I was going for) If that fails, you try to get fans who are friends to help you. There will also probebly be ticket exchanges here and on other websites where fans can help other fans out. Last time I had multiple people buying for me and ended up with extras for a few shows. So I was able to help some fans out that werent so fortunate. Then there is the last resort, which is ticket brokers/scalpers. I would do that option last.

Regarding other expenses. I know several fans that got together and shared hotel expenses. Some drove long distances and did long sort of car pools to shows. Its amazing how U2 fans help other U2 fans out. I have a group of friends that I have been going to shows with since Zoo and we always pool all of our resources to get the best bang for our buck and it has almost always worked out.

I dont think if Prop isnt helping this time everyone will be completely F***ed. But it will probebly mean that we wont get all the tickets we want (IE GA, or great seats near the stage). If Prop isnt helping next tour I'am just going for being in the building and making up for not having great tickets for every show through volume of shows instead!! LOL

I'am pretty sure they are going to do another GA situation similiar to last tour. While it was awesome, I dont think I feel like camping out 8 times again. So that may make it easier for me to get tickets as I think the GA will be in high demand again.

Last edited:
martha said:
Also, I didn't want to be in the heart. I'm short, so I can't see a damn thing if I'm standing at a show.

me too :lol:

I'm not sure if I want to try for GA tickets this time or not :reject: Last time (I only saw one show) we were a bit high up, but not bad, not what I would consider "nosebleed" seats. We still had an awesome time :hyper:

Plus, I'm not too good at "camping out" :lol: I'm not very patient :reject:

Last edited:
tarquinsuperb said:
How sure are we that Propaganda is going to be no use to us?
I only ask because I read that along with the domain names that were registered for Vertigo some worded around Propaganda were also re-registered.

i also read that some type of fan club will be set up through fanfire.com and that "fan club" tix will be available. the date for tix, and this is US, mentionned was sometime in november. it was on one of the mailing lists.

as for multiple shows, i want to try this time around-i never have before. i live in Buffalo, so there are some close options for me. i also travel to quebec city/montreal once a year, i may have to adjust the timing of things, but i really want to see as many as possible.

i don't thnk i would travel far enough to get involved with flight or bus or other means of transportation, but i am not ruling it out at this point.

With ticketmaster, can you buy tickets for a show in a different city, the day they go on-sale?
Lets say, I wanted to buy tickets for a las vegas show, but I live in LA, are the ticket sales restricted to the area where the show is?

Back
Top Bottom