PGP: Give Us All the Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just saying to someone today that I feel totally restless, like I have an itch that needs scratching and I just can't reach it.

You should go to an opening night gala of something!
And yeah, having no nice warm weather clothes is a hazard of living where it's 75F or warmer for 11 months out of the year!

YES! That's it, exactly! But what to do about it. :hmm:

I probably need to get laid. :lol:

Thanks, everyone! :hug: I'm a huge worry-wart, so it was a huge relief to get such good news so quickly.

I got my bellybutton pierced when I was 21, at the height of my weight-obsessive years as a reward for not eating/exercising like crazy. :tsk: It was a bad decision, and it reminded me too much of my unhealthy habits, so I took it out once I got healthy again.

Hope you can relax a bit tonight, VP!

Yeah, SO glad to hear your aunt's okay, Thora :hug: :).

I know the feeling some of you are having. I feel some days like I need to get out and do something, too. But there's not a whole hell of a lot here in town to DO, other than go to the same old bars and such on weekends. I'd have to go to a bigger city for some excitement, and it's not always feasible to just get in the car (especially since ours is kind of crap) and go.

I mainly just feel like there's so many exciting things out there that I'm missing out on because I don't live in the right area to go or have the kind of money for them or whatever.

These are my faves but, like I said, hard to match
IMG_2435.jpg

These are new and I realy want to wear them, but they may be 1/2 size too big
IMG_2433.jpg

These are really comfy
IMG_2434.jpg

: ) :thumbsup: Here's to following your own beat.

I genuinely did/do like some of the "tween" stuff, but I don't really recall ever doing it to try and "fit in". I just generally tended to like a lot of whatever the hell was on the radio at that time. I remember hearing artists like Beck or Tori Amos and liking the songs from them as much as I did the Backstreet Boys or the Spice Girls. I did kinda go through a brief "Parents' generation's music is so uncool" phase, but that lasted, like, two seconds. I long, LONG ago freely accepted the fact that I'm not "cool" or "hip" or any of that crap and never will be, so I just don't even try.

Those are excellent choices : yes:: drool:. Good night to you, too! Hope you have a more restful sleep tonight now you're getting better.

*Off to watch the video clips shared here*

Yea, I never fit in with anyone either. I was too shy, had an issue with eating, and I really didn't want to fit in with other people. I liked being my own person.

I blame my Armed Forces thing on the fact that I grew up a Air Force brat, and for the longest time, had a BIG crush on one of my dad's friends (also a military man.)

Ugh, I know. And of course tonight is the night I have to go to Walgreens to get diapers, laundry detergent, and meds on sale. Sale runs through tomorrow, but hubby is working all day tomorrow because his 'group' at the plant's warehouse got called in for a special Saturday shift (normally the warehouse is closed on weekends). It sounds crazy, but I can't pass up BOGO creams, $2 alka-seltzer, $7 diapers, and $4 laundry soap. :crack:
:hug: Just be safe.

The reason I got my belly button pierced at 18 is because the guy who did it (he did my cousin's first and I was with her) looked JUST like Johnny Rzeznik from Goo Goo Dolls. : drool:
And yes I still have the piercing
:giggle: Johnny Rzeznik is adorable, though.

I have HP friends in an LJ comm that are watching Awake JUST because he is in it. :shrug: (I'm more a Draco girl, myself.)
I forgot that was on, and completely missed it. :doh:

I blame my cold-addled brain.

I always am reminded of this when that crap comes up, lol. :D
15xuahc.png
Hell to the yea

Good vibes for Thora and her family : hug:
Mr.Z's mom is in the hospital...
Good vibes to you and Mr Z and Mr Z's mom and family

:sad:

My aunt's out of surgery. It took them less time than anticipated, and it went well. The doctors are very pleased, and she's on track for a full and complete recovery. SO happy! :)

:hi5:

Yeah, SO glad to hear your aunt's okay, Thora :hug: :).

I know the feeling some of you are having. I feel some days like I need to get out and do something, too. But there's not a whole hell of a lot here in town to DO, other than go to the same old bars and such on weekends. I'd have to go to a bigger city for some excitement, and it's not always feasible to just get in the car (especially since ours is kind of crap) and go.

I mainly just feel like there's so many exciting things out there that I'm missing out on because I don't live in the right area to go or have the kind of money for them or whatever.

Yeah. The city where I live is boring, for a long time there wasn't a lot going on, it's gotten better in recent years, but it seems like my default position here is to do nothing. I'm only like 90 minutes from Toronto, but it's such a hassle to get to that it seems like unless you're going there to do something substantial, it's not worth it.

gimme a mo. My favorite ones require JUST the right shirt - the others are more flexible. Prob pairing any of them with a dark denim pencil skirt

:hyper:

I'd go with the comfy ones, too. I would suggest the black shoes, since black tends to pretty well go with anything, but if they don't fit you very well, then yeah, the comfy ones would be my second choice.

I do sure love those red ones, though.

Yeah. The city where I live is boring, for a long time there wasn't a lot going on, it's gotten better in recent years, but it seems like my default position here is to do nothing. I'm only like 90 minutes from Toronto, but it's such a hassle to get to that it seems like unless you're going there to do something substantial, it's not worth it.

Exactly. Same with me and Minneapolis or Des Moines. Not that far a drive, but yeah, one of those things you have to plan out a bit.

Exactly. Same with me and Minneapolis or Des Moines. Not that far a drive, but yeah, one of those things you have to plan out a bit.

I have gotten somewhat more involved with a political party here, the left, lefty, pinko commie party :wink: but when they were active and needed volunteers, work was super busy and I was putting in a shit ton of overtime, and when I got home, just wanted to collapse. They do have a leadership convention coming up, but...I don't know. Maybe I'm a better armchair activist. Lame. :lol: Honestly, work is exhausting and stressful, and when weekends arrive, I mostly just want to curl up in a ball and escape. By the time I do housework and take care of errands, there's not a lot left. Meh. I need to find balance.

As far as entertainment goes, people in my age group generally don't have my musical tastes (and they're more fucking boring than I am, to be honest! I might not do anything, but at least I *want* to!), and my concert-going buddy is in another city, so that makes it hard.

I have gotten somewhat more involved with a political party here, the left, lefty, pinko commie party :wink: but when they were active and needed volunteers, work was super busy and I was putting in a shit ton of overtime, and when I got home, just wanted to collapse. They do have a leadership convention coming up, but...I don't know. Maybe I'm a better armchair activist. Lame. :lol: Honestly, work is exhausting and stressful, and when weekends arrive, I mostly just want to curl up in a ball and escape. By the time I do housework and take care of errands, there's not a lot left. Meh. I need to find balance.

:ohmy:

I'm actually a party member now - Sarah bought us both party memberships for Christmas. :) So we get to vote in the leadership convention. I know who seems appealing to me at this point, but I feel like I need to pay more attention in the next few weeks so I can be sure.

When I'm feeling all morose and maudlin, I find the Pink Floyd song Time very appealing. It's on now, and I want to crank it, but the sound is mixed too low in this dvd. :angry: That's a first world problem, for sure.

I have gotten somewhat more involved with a political party here, the left, lefty, pinko commie party :wink: but when they were active and needed volunteers, work was super busy and I was putting in a shit ton of overtime, and when I got home, just wanted to collapse. They do have a leadership convention coming up, but...I don't know. Maybe I'm a better armchair activist. Lame. :lol:

Nice. Go, leftie pinko commies :hi5: :lol:.

I've lived in so many deeply conservative areas (southeastern Nebraska, the state of Wyoming, small town South Dakota) that even my generally moderate left views could be seen as "radical" :p.

I'd love to get out and do more actual active work, but it seems hard to drum up support and help sometimes.

Honestly, work is exhausting and stressful, and when weekends arrive, I mostly just want to curl up in a ball and escape.

I'm kinda like that, too, sometimes. I work at least one day each weekend a lot of the time, so sometimes if I happen to have a weekend off, or a Saturday or Sunday off, and my friend calls asking if I want to go out and do something...sometimes I kinda want to just hang out here instead. I stayed with my sister and her boyfriend for so long when I first moved back here, and so I was used to the noise of his videogames on the weekends, and I work a lot of weekends, and now that I'm in my own place and can do/watch what I want on the weekends and on days I don't work, it's just so nice to wake up and just relax here at home. Or sleep in.

And when we do go out, again, we pretty much go to all the same places. When I do hang out with my friends, I much prefer the weekends when all we do is just hang out at the one's apartment and watch movies/play games. My friend feels like she needs to have us run all over the place, I'm perfectly happy just hanging out at her place. That's not boring to me at all, but she's always afraid it is.

As far as entertainment goes, people in my age group generally don't have my musical tastes (and they're more fucking boring than I am, to be honest! I might not do anything, but at least I *want* to!), and my concert-going buddy is in another city, so that makes it hard.

That's another problem I have, too. The concert I'm planning on going to in St. Paul is the first one I've ever gone to with friends. Most of the time many people don't know who the hell half the artists I listen to are!

I found an outfit... I need spanx :scream:

:hug:

Spanx is awesome, I feel like it changed my life. :love: I bought it for that dress I wore for the Christmas party (and the pee hole worked, dammit!). It's not necessarily that it makes you suddenly skinny, but it just smooths everything out so that you look better and therefore feel better about what you're wearing. I'm a fan. :love:

I'm Canadian. That's fairly normal here. :wink:

We're Canadian. According to a friend of mine in California, we're all fucking commies up here. :rolleyes: :lol:

At least you guys pay attention to politics. I take the military stand/viewpoint of the main elections "It doesn't matter who's voted in, we still have to do what they say."

:reject:

:hug:

Spanx is awesome, I feel like it changed my life. :love: I bought it for that dress I wore for the Christmas party (and the pee hole worked, dammit!). It's not necessarily that it makes you suddenly skinny, but it just smooths everything out so that you look better and therefore feel better about what you're wearing. I'm a fan. :love:

maybe tomorrow afternoon I'll go shopping...

Yes to everything VP said about Spanx. I like my body just fine, but sometimes you need a little smoothing out beneath certain clothes. :up:

And there are all sorts of brands that have their own version of Spanx now. Just look for stuff that's described as "body shaping" or something. I found some off-brand "Spanx" tights at Target that are reversible (black/gray), and they do a nice job of smoothing out my poochy bits around the middle.

I'm actually a party member now - Sarah bought us both party memberships for Christmas. :) So we get to vote in the leadership convention. I know who seems appealing to me at this point, but I feel like I need to pay more attention in the next few weeks so I can be sure.

Sweet! :up: Yeah, you definitely want to pick your guy/gal carefully.

At least you guys pay attention to politics. I take the military stand/viewpoint of the main elections "It doesn't matter who's voted in, we still have to do what they say."

:reject:

But it DOES matter who's voted in - if the person's an idiot, your country is going to go to hell in a handbasket, and so many rights and laws would be changed for the worse. I don't pay a ton of attention to politics, but I know enough to place an educated vote in both countries. Frankly, the Republican candidates in the US all freak the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom