PGP-Dirty dancing into a new thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming back to the Olympic opening ceremony,there was 7 billion of biodegradable confetti blown in the air to represent each person in the world. Wow,there was one confetti there dedicated to me.:cute:

I'm only mildly interested in gymnastics (usually women's) in summer, and figure skating in winter.

I don't know why but girls (women's? They're 13-y-o) gymnastics kinda bugs me. I think because they dedicate SO much coverage to it.

I heard that water polo was on today but I can't seem to find it on the three channels that are showing olympics. :shrug: My brothers played water polo for Stanford when Stanford and Cal made up half the olympic team ('88 and '92) so I still like watching the sport even if I'm the only one in the world who does.

Words of advice....when going to the gym to use the pool and whirlpool, it's probably best to bring your swimwear with you. :|

Yeah. Got there and realized I did not have my suit in my bag. Checked my car and my extra one was not there either. I live 10 min away so I drove home and then went back. The girls at the counter said they both thought for sure they wouldn't see me back again today. But I really needed some water therapy so I had to go back.

D'oh! Glad you went back and hope your back feels better.

Last day of summer vacation for me today :sad:

I was thinking of maybe taking my son to see Ice Age 3 but I was out pretty late last night after the show and might fall asleep in a dark theatre.

I don't know why but girls (women's? They're 13-y-o) gymnastics kinda bugs me. I think because they dedicate SO much coverage to it.

I heard that water polo was on today but I can't seem to find it on the three channels that are showing olympics. :shrug: My brothers played water polo for Stanford when Stanford and Cal made up half the olympic team ('88 and '92) so I still like watching the sport even if I'm the only one in the world who does.

D'oh! Glad you went back and hope your back feels better.

Last day of summer vacation for me today :sad:

I was thinking of maybe taking my son to see Ice Age 3 but I was out pretty late last night after the show and might fall asleep in a dark theatre.

last day of summer vacation? That seems so early! We still have over a month in MN before the kids go back. (day after labor day). Do you go back to work for prep or do the kids go back too? I have a friend that teaches and I know she always goes back in mid August for a few weeks of prep but I really have no idea what she does.

I :heart: girls gymnastics!

last day of summer vacation? That seems so early! We still have over a month in MN before the kids go back. (day after labor day). Do you go back to work for prep or do the kids go back too? I have a friend that teaches and I know she always goes back in mid August for a few weeks of prep but I really have no idea what she does.

I :heart: girls gymnastics!

We've always started earlier than most of the country (usually kids start aroudn Aug 15th) but this year they added a fall break (one full week off in October after the first quarter) and our spring break used to be only 3 days but this year we get a whole week and a day. So that's 10 days they had to add to the calendar. Plus there's another day off somewhere... so yeah, I start tomorrow and kids start Thursday.

I have to get my classroom set up, revise and copy my syllabus, plan the first couple weeks of lessons, get my purchase orders in for the year (so we can buy supplies for shows), turn in work orders so that all the stuff that doesn't work might just work on the first day of school, etc. Three days of prep sprinkled with useless meetings will FLY by.

Wow, that's so early. It always surprises me when people go back to school before September. Guess we were really spoiled! :D

I've definitely kiboshed my plan to go to the foodie event today. I'm just laying on my couch, drinking coffee and watching the Olympics. :drool: Wonderful! I have about 5 or 6 channels of coverage to choose from, which is awesome. Sometimes paying for the extra sports package on cable is worth it! :lol:

We've always started earlier than most of the country (usually kids start aroudn Aug 15th) but this year they added a fall break (one full week off in October after the first quarter) and our spring break used to be only 3 days but this year we get a whole week and a day. So that's 10 days they had to add to the calendar. Plus there's another day off somewhere... so yeah, I start tomorrow and kids start Thursday.

I have to get my classroom set up, revise and copy my syllabus, plan the first couple weeks of lessons, get my purchase orders in for the year (so we can buy supplies for shows), turn in work orders so that all the stuff that doesn't work might just work on the first day of school, etc. Three days of prep sprinkled with useless meetings will FLY by.

yeah I guess I do remember that from my days in Phoenix. I lived by a high school and was always shocked to see kids there in the middle of August. But I guess you guys do get out a lot earlier than what I'm used to seeing. We just got our back to school supplies at Target in the past few weeks. Every time I see that I still get back to school anxiety! :der: Good luck on Thursday when the kids go back!

yeah I guess I do remember that from my days in Phoenix. I lived by a high school and was always shocked to see kids there in the middle of August. But I guess you guys do get out a lot earlier than what I'm used to seeing. We just got our back to school supplies at Target in the past few weeks. Every time I see that I still get back to school anxiety! :der: Good luck on Thursday when the kids go back!

Thanks! The first day is always exciting and the 2nd is fine. It's when the day to day grind starts that it gets hard. I sometimes wish we didn't get the whole summer off. It's hard to make the transition every year.

Yeah, I think they try to get us out before it gets stupid hot in May.

Wow, that's so early. It always surprises me when people go back to school before September. Guess we were really spoiled! :D

I've definitely kiboshed my plan to go to the foodie event today. I'm just laying on my couch, drinking coffee and watching the Olympics. :drool: Wonderful! I have about 5 or 6 channels of coverage to choose from, which is awesome. Sometimes paying for the extra sports package on cable is worth it! :lol:

I think we've got 3 or 4 showing Olympics. But I guess the water polo game was on early this morning.

Mr.Z had been out mtn biking for 3 hours now... starting to wonder/worry. Did I mention he has a broken toe right now? I'm sure he's fine but... :|

I was watching tennis, when all of a sudden the channel I was watching switched to Pat O'Brien (wtf is HE doing with the Olympics - wasn't he on Entertainment Tonight or something?! :lol: ) talking to some American dudes. Weird. I was watching a Canadian channel, so I don't know why it switched to him. I'm now watching beach volleyball. I have no clue if any of these events are live, but whatever. :lol: I did get to see synchronized diving live, and saw Canada win a bronze earlier this AM. :)

Hope Mr. Z comes home soon!

I just got to see the end of the womens cycling race - WOW! What a great finish! I knew someone was going to break away in the home stretch. (no actual spoiler here - I promise)

And I just talked to the wife of the guy Mr.Z is riding with - they went to do a trail way on the other side of town (about an hour away) so the time frame makes more sense now. Turning my worry-meter off.

*Jumping back in*

I envy the people who didn't go back to school until September. We were never that lucky-our school year always started in late August when I was a kid. I remember often being let out early the first few days as well because it was often still so hot then. Which of course then begs the questions: a) why not make the entire school building cooler? or b) why not wait and have us go back when it is cooler, then?

Nowadays it seems to be starting in mid-August here. Which is weird to me, but not as weird as early August.

Seeing all the back-to-school stuff up just reminds me of being a kid and being depressed at seeing all of that :p. Especially in July. I kept thinking, "Summer vacation's not over yet, we've still got a little over a month!"

I was watching tennis, when all of a sudden the channel I was watching switched to Pat O'Brien (wtf is HE doing with the Olympics - wasn't he on Entertainment Tonight or something?! :lol: ) talking to some American dudes. Weird.

He's still around doing stuff? Wow.

Not watching the Olympics, so the spoilers don't matter to me one way or another, but to those who are following them, I can see where it'd be annoying. But as stated, that's the nature of the internet, so I guess it's just a matter of trying to navigate your way around the spoilers. Hope everyone's favorites are doing well, though.

JJ, we here in the States would be happy to take some of that rain off your hands! Nasty drought going on through a good deal of the country.

It did rain a bit here this morning, though, and it's much cooler out now than it has been in recent weeks. It's NICE, I sure ain't complaining about the break from the heat.

I joined GetGlue last year just to get the Larry From The Sky Down sticker. So I got it... and I have no idea what to do with it. I want to put it somewhere permanent but I don'w know where. :scratch:

I joined GetGlue last year just to get the Larry From The Sky Down sticker. So I got it... and I have no idea what to do with it. I want to put it somewhere permanent but I don'w know where. :scratch:

At least you GOT it! Shortly after I told you guys about GG, it got huge and they either stopped sending stickers or are just so far behind they gave up or only mail some. I never got my Larry. :sigh:

Heres the deer that scared the shit out of me, picking berrys on same bush

1TkQZ.jpg

:lol:

I never got my Larry sticker either. I has a sad. :sad: I don't use the site very much any more. It was fun until I realized that they'd probably never send the damn sticker to me, and it was the only one I cared about. :lol: I sent them several emails but never got a response, so it's just not worth it any more. :tsk:

Yeah I've sent emails too with no response. It's like there's no one working there... or maybe monkeys or something. :hmm:

I always got stickers monthly up until about Feb. then they just stopped. There is a rumor that they still send them but there are so many zillions of people now that they just have to send them out randomly, so yeah it's not the same anymore. I still check in to stuff tho, in the hopes that someday my Larry will come. :lol: :shifty:
(Not that I have a clue what to do with them either though LOL)

JJ...awwwww, pretty deer :cute:! Can understand being startled when an animal just pops up out of nowhere, though.

MA, we had a big storm here yesterday too and it was sooooo humid all night. It's all burnt off now though and in the mid 90s again.

Ugh, yeah, that was us a few days ago, too. There were days I'd step outside and it felt like a freaking sauna. A few nights ago there were storms in the area and the heat lightning was just intense and constant, that's how hot it'd been lately. Humidity sucks.

I was going to say mid-90s wouldn't seem cooler, but then I remembered where you live and for you guys, yeah, that would be cooler :p. Just have August to get through and then hopefully things should start cooling down again a little bit come fall.

It's 71 degrees here right now.

Yeah I've sent emails too with no response. It's like there's no one working there... or maybe monkeys or something. :hmm:

I always got stickers monthly up until about Feb. then they just stopped. There is a rumor that they still send them but there are so many zillions of people now that they just have to send them out randomly, so yeah it's not the same anymore. I still check in to stuff tho, in the hopes that someday my Larry will come. :lol: :shifty:
(Not that I have a clue what to do with them either though LOL)

:censored:

JJ...awwwww, pretty deer :cute:! Can understand being startled when an animal just pops up out of nowhere, though.

Ugh, yeah, that was us a few days ago, too. There were days I'd step outside and it felt like a freaking sauna. A few nights ago there were storms in the area and the heat lightning was just intense and constant, that's how hot it'd been lately. Humidity sucks.

I was going to say mid-90s wouldn't seem cooler, but then I remembered where you live and for you guys, yeah, that would be cooler :p. Just have August to get through and then hopefully things should start cooling down again a little bit come fall.

It's 71 degrees here right now.

Yeah, we used to say "Just get to Halloween" and then it would be cooler in the day and chilly at night, but the last few years, it's still been HOT on Halloween and shorts weather on Thanksgiving. :crack:
Why do I live here again?

~2 weeks ish later... (Internet hiatus except tumblr. I've deleted my facebook and have been off most sites so as not to try and get back to it. Facebook is like fucking crack.)

I've entered those two art things into the show, found frames (though my parents couldn't be bovvered to get one the right dimensions for the larger piece, so there's going to be more matboard on the top and bottom than the sides...) Also nearly filled up my mini sketchbook.

Weird occasion of going to the station for about 20 minutes, not even noticing the rap and shit DJ kid was playing, and then hanging out with him and some ladies afterwards. 1. I forgot being at home isn't like college. At college, I could totally be out till 3 am. Here, I've got to make sure I'm back 11-12. 2. It's weirdly relaxing to be around people for no reason. And I mean no reason at all. Watching really shitty movies and then afterwards going 'why did we just do that...'

My sister was over here for a couple days. It was weird, because I felt sadder about her leaving than my best friend leaving, and that's...unusual, to say the least. I'm getting more attracted to people's attitudes (lack thereof) than what we have in common. I realized a lot of my friends are pretty fucking negative, whereas she can get along with anyone, and is pretty much the coolest lady I know.

I've started doing kind of simple, modern-ish lineart and watercolor drawings. In some impossible event, I can sell them, maybe. I'm trying to get more confident about having art actually ready for sale, instead of stuck in my sketchbook at like 2 inches in dimension.

I was going to get a French bootleg of this record
(normally it's like $110 on ebay because it's out of press, and this was like $20)

The-Replacements-Let-It-Be-441400.jpg

and then realized I have no money

/life spam

:lol: JJ (though that end one was all sad and depressing).

My cat fortunately can't do the killing an animal or clawing at furniture ones, 'cause she's declawed save for her bad leg, and even then she can't really do anything with that claw, and she doesn't go out, so she can't get at animals. So far she's been good about not getting sick on things of ours, but I do worry about that happening.

My sister says her cat likes to stand on her boyfriend's head and look out the bedroom window in the morning, and that's often his cue it's time to get up :p. Ours just starts wandering around and meowing loudly after 6 in the morning, even if it's a day we don't have to get up and go anywhere.

Yeah, we used to say "Just get to Halloween" and then it would be cooler in the day and chilly at night, but the last few years, it's still been HOT on Halloween and shorts weather on Thanksgiving. :crack:
Why do I live here again?

Ergh. Yeah, it shouldn't still be hot at that time of year. It wasn't hot here last Halloween, but yeah, it was warmer than usual where I live, too. And it sounds like the above average temperatures could last at least through October, I've heard it said.

Damned global warming. If we have another mild winter and no snow at Christmas I'm not going to be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom