PGP-Dirty dancing into a new thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I looked at Celtic but I really liked the idea of four different words for love, four different kinds that make up a whole. As far as I'm concerned, you need all four in your life. And part of it for me is striving to nurture all four kinds. Sometimes I forget.

Like my heart/suitcase. Sometimes I forget to "leave it behind". But the tattoo is a good reminder.

Nope. I looked at Celtic but I really liked the idea of four different words for love, four different kinds that make up a whole. As far as I'm concerned, you need all four in your life. And part of it for me is striving to nurture all four kinds. Sometimes I forget.

Like my heart/suitcase. Sometimes I forget to "leave it behind". But the tattoo is a good reminder.

Perfect. :)

alright - off to Target :wave:
Comet, hope you're enjoying your time at home.
Everyone else having a good weekend? I'm trying trying trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'll be teaching again in 4 days. :crack:

I'm lazing in my PJ's eating See's chocolate and yummy fresh cherries watching Olympics. :D Boxing at the moment.

It's a good day. :D

Ooh hair. :drool:

427493_4414678608031_520332441_n.jpg

bonocomet said:
I'm lazing in my PJ's eating See's chocolate and yummy fresh cherries watching Olympics. :D Boxing at the moment.

It's a good day. :D

Get some chocolate sauce for the cherries. :drool: Glad you're having a relaxing afternoon, you deserve it. :hug:

I was sitting outside in the sun for awhile til the clouds rolled in. :madspit: Had my iced coffee, Snow Patrol in my earbuds, was awesome. :love:

bonocomet said:

I'm with you. It and he is looking good.

I got my hair done today and it was supposed to be strawberry blonde. It's more red..
Like rust. Not copper. I know it will fade, but if she was going to goof a color, I wish it was not before a family wedding. Boo.

so fucking annoyed right now.....THREE people in my FB newsfeed watched and/or read about the mens swimming events today and fucking posted the outcome. WHY?!?!?!?! I'm really going to be so damn mad if I have to go through this every single day with people who feel the need to share this info before the rest of us get to watch it. Oh and out of the few people I know that live in Europe, it wasn't any of them. It's only one tiny event but I don't want my entire Olympic experience to be ruined by people who need to share things in advance. :angry::angry::angry:

Amy, sorry your hair came out wrong. But I think you'll still look good. :up: I've always secretly wanted red hair. :shifty:

Arw, that sucks. :down: In their defense though, I'm sure they didn't do it to be intentionally rude. I'd send them a message saying you were looking forward to watching the event and being spoiled ruined it a little for you. Ask them to keep in mind that you and others aren't watching live and to take that into consideration while watching the Olympics. It's moments like this that a spoiler tag on FB would be useful. :yes:

I put a friendly not as my status update asking people not to put in spoilers. Someone responded saying if they feel the need to talk about it early in the day to put their title as "olympic spoiler" and then share their news in the comment section.

I know it wasn't intentional but still completely unnecessary to update your FB with Olympic news before it's aired on TV. If you couldn't tell by my tone I freaking love the Olympics and take my viewing very seriously! I don't want any of this to be ruined.

I must be in a rotten mood today because I just responded to a craigslist add that is looking for experienced pasty chefs with years of experience with a portfolio that only want to pay $9.00 an hour. Excuse me?!?!?! I made more than that at my first job right out of culinary school. So I responded to the ad saying that $9.00 is a complete insult and if they only want to pay $9.00 they should put up an add at a culinary school and ask for students only :| It's completely insulting to my craft when I see BS like that. If you want quality work then you're going to have times that amount by 2. I have two jobs and one pays incredible but the hours aren't as many as I need. The other pays ok but was only meant for it to be 12 hours a week or less. So I would like to find an additional job or a replacement for one of the jobs but $9.00 is a complete joke. I'm curious to see if they respond.

loner said:
Wow. A bit late,but the opening ceremony was fantastic! :up:I was especially exited to see it,cos it was directed by Danny Boyle. He directed the National Theatres "Franckenstein" where GraceRyan's and my new boyfriend Benedict played the main part and it was a massive hit.

Did you see the opening on BBC? Yeah. That had more effect on me then it should. 'Take a deep breath' and 'let the games commence '. Oh my. My womb sighed.

I had to call my hairdresser to ask if I could come in to have her lighten it a bit. And I just noticed something funky and stripey going on with my bangs. I felt bad because she is a friend and I have never asked or complained. Even if it isn't exactly what I want, I suck it up. It's just hair. But I'm going to be family wedding photos. It's just too dark. I really will look like the red sheep of the family.

Yeah, I'm torn on the spoiler thing.

On the one hand, it's not necessarily fair to make people wait to say anything just because they have friends on the other side of the world who have to wait to see what happens, and the Olympics by their nature are impossible for everyone to see it as it happens, but on the other hand, do people have to post about everything that happens anywhere all the time?

.... on second thought, that's a pretty stupid question. :wink:

It's tricky because here it is aired live. I haven't posted any spoilers, outside of the opening ceremony because I honestly thought it would be aired live everywhere. I am a HUGE Olympics nut!

Yeah, unless you're able to go without the internet completely, you're fighting a losing battle. The news sites apparently aren't bothering to be delicate about anything.

I'm only mildly interested in gymnastics (usually women's) in summer, and figure skating in winter.

I know I'm not going to be able to avoid everything about the Olympics but I think it's just completely unnecessary to post the results in your news feed about things that most people are waiting watch on prime time later that day. One person I think works for some sort of PR firm because he's always posting news stuff in his feed, never personal. He's someone local and because he posts daily newsworthy things I'd like to know, like what roads are closed due to construction or the weather, I don't know if I want to eliminate him from my feed. That's mainly because I tend to forget I blocked someone and won't remember to put them back later on. But his feed was one update after another. I was just a tad frustrated to come home from work on day 1 and see so many spoilers. Hopefully everyone will relax once we've had a day or two of events!

Words of advice....when going to the gym to use the pool and whirlpool, it's probably best to bring your swimwear with you. :|

Yeah. Got there and realized I did not have my suit in my bag. Checked my car and my extra one was not there either. I live 10 min away so I drove home and then went back. The girls at the counter said they both thought for sure they wouldn't see me back again today. But I really needed some water therapy so I had to go back.

PFQtH.jpg

:lol::lol:

So cool opening ceremony :lol:

I only saw the part with Mr Bean, and then I stopped watching. :reject:

427493_4414678608031_520332441_n.jpg

:drool:

so fucking annoyed right now.....THREE people in my FB newsfeed watched and/or read about the mens swimming events today and fucking posted the outcome. WHY?!?!?!?! I'm really going to be so damn mad if I have to go through this every single day with people who feel the need to share this info before the rest of us get to watch it. Oh and out of the few people I know that live in Europe, it wasn't any of them. It's only one tiny event but I don't want my entire Olympic experience to be ruined by people who need to share things in advance. :angry::angry::angry:

:hug:

like... motorcyclists? or cyclists?
I don't have time to read back that far (back to teaching this week) but whatever the event, I hope you enjoy it. Glad you're enjoying work.

Yup, motorcycles. :up: FUCKING AWESOME. Oh my god there were some gorgeous bikes today. :drool: I was so busy running around, but I did get to take some pictures and appreciate the nice bikes. :up:

For dinner tonight I sat at a table with a bunch of really rough looking bikers, but they were so sweet to me. One kinda good looking older guy was totally hitting on me. It was awesome!! :lol:

Meant to reply to Thora's post last night. I agree, that event sounded really fun! And you should have jumped Elvis. :tsk:

I am regretting it. I should have whored myself out. :lmao:

IMG_0615.jpg

This was taken just a couple hours after it was done. It looks better now, although the top is still a little red.

Beautiful!!

I am SO exhausted. Today was busy and stressful and fun and busy, and did I mention busy? I barely had time to eat until one of my co-workers noticed I looked like I was going to pass out, and she took over my job so that I could go get lunch at 3pm. :lol: :crack: I'm covered from head to toe in bruises, and I'm basically one giant mosquito bite, but it was so worth it. It was a great event, and I think we raised a lot of money, which is awesome.

I had planned to go to a foodie event tomorrow, but I'm highly doubting that's going to happen. I think I need to spend the entire day tomorrow on the couch drifting in and out of consciousness. :)

Now that was a fun 8 hours, over 6000 recorded lightning strikes :heart:

Another storm cell closing in in few hours, so time to go and pick some berries before it :wave:

Packing things and heading to Estonia later this eve :D

RHCP there tomorrow and then Bruce in Helsinki on tuesday and RHCP again in Tampere on wednesday on way back home :lol::applaud:

was picking berrys earlier today and saw alot raspberrys in bushes so started picking em, suddenly a deer raised his head just feets away from me, didnt know which one was surprised more lol, he didnt mind me at all, stayed there whole time :D pic on Fb :lol:

I'm glad it's much cooler here now. It's about 20 ish and sunny. Good weather to be able to do stuff rather than just sit and do nothing cause of the heat. :D

Moved all my baby fish to their new tank today. Hope they'll manage.

Packing things and heading to Estonia later this eve :D

RHCP there tomorrow and then Bruce in Helsinki on tuesday and RHCP again in Tampere on wednesday on way back home :lol::applaud:

Hope you don't get the thunderstorm.Weather broadcast promised really strong thunder and rain this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom