PGP: Countdown to last show of 360....sniffle....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My friends going to Moncton, I give you fair warning:

if the GA situation is looking like a giant cluster, I may decide to bag on the line and go in later, or go to my seat.

/random comment as I try to talk myself off the ledge

There was a GA discussion over on FB, and I was talking with a guy from Seattle, and he's all 'If I were you, I'd ditch your GA and go with the seat, after what happened in Montreal."

I told him I would bail on the line if things got to be a cluster, and would just go in later or bail from GA completely, and that's what I've been telling myself all along, but I swear ..... each day lately I think I'm getting awfully close to needing one of those pills before I even get on a plane.

Dear doctor: MOAR DRUGS PLEASE.

Cori, You do what you gotta do but I hope you can find a way to enjoy the show from GA. Like the others have said, there are lots of ways to go GA stress-free (show up late and go middle of the pit or back behind the outer rail crowd).

Me, I hate it while I"m in it - feel like i"m gonna barf - but I kind thrive on it too. I get the same feeling before a race - my legs wobble and my hands shake and I think I"m gonna pee or barf, but then, when it's over (once the race starts, or once I get my GA spot) I'm all :zen: or :hyper: or :D

all I got here is fish and picked bout 30 liters of blueberrys so just made a pie

blueberrypie.jpg

yummy :

ooh - are those space carbs?

Guess who deleted her FB account? Or I was defriended and blocked. Whatever, it works for me.

who could that be? Interesting.

A week ago today, I was sitting in my car feverishly checking FB and Interference for news about the GA line. I was nervous and excited to meet everyone at the hotel and gathering. I was jumping out of my skin to see my boys take the stage after 2 long years. :sad:

I haz the sad.

But you still have ANOTHER SHOW!!!!!

I'm trying like hell to live off the anticipation of beaches and museums and gardens for my family vacay next week. :| Totally not the same.

And here as well. :sigh:

This day is gloomy, doomy and rainy, which doesn't help with the sadz. It feels like frickin' fall around here today. :angry: BOO-URNS!! :fist:

Thora, come visit me for a couple days - you'll get your fill of the sun. Then I could come up that way. I have the opposite of your SAD ( :giggle: ) When I go too long without a cool cloudy day I get MISERABLE.

Cori, You do what you gotta do but I hope you can find a way to enjoy the show from GA. Like the others have said, there are lots of ways to go GA stress-free (show up late and go middle of the pit or back behind the outer rail crowd).

Me, I hate it while I"m in it - feel like i"m gonna barf - but I kind thrive on it too. I get the same feeling before a race - my legs wobble and my hands shake and I think I"m gonna pee or barf, but then, when it's over (once the race starts, or once I get my GA spot) I'm all :zen: or :hyper: or :D

ooh - are those space carbs?

who could that be? Interesting.

But you still have ANOTHER SHOW!!!!!

I'm trying like hell to live off the anticipation of beaches and museums and gardens for my family vacay next week. :| Totally not the same.

True. But even though I know I will most likely get in pit based on my plans - I get acid reflux thinking about it.

Thora, come visit me for a couple days - you'll get your fill of the sun. Then I could come up that way. I have the opposite of your SAD ( :giggle: ) When I go too long without a cool cloudy day I get MISERABLE.

I'm planning to in February. :yes: I'm planning to come see a hockey game and stay for a few days. The only sucky thing is that it's over Valentine's Day, so the prices could be pretty ridiculous, unfortunately. :( I'm gonna keep my eye out for deals, though. Hopefully there will be something good that will pop up eventually.

And yes, you are more than welcome to come visit me! Any of you girls are. I live way out in the suburbs, but Vancouver's a fantastic city. :love:

I'm planning to in February. :yes: I'm planning to come see a hockey game and stay for a few days. The only sucky thing is that it's over Valentine's Day, so the prices could be pretty ridiculous, unfortunately. :( I'm gonna keep my eye out for deals, though. Hopefully there will be something good that will pop up eventually.

And yes, you are more than welcome to come visit me! Any of you girls are. I live way out in the suburbs, but Vancouver's a fantastic city. :love:

Oh yeah!!!! Phoenix, right? I should be able to go up there to meet you for dinner or something, even if it's mid-week. Keep me posted.

We were supposed to go to Vancouver a couple years ago, but then decided to save money and just go to San Diego like we do every year. Like we're doing next week.

Where was the discussion? What do you know?

I stumbled across this Facebook group. There hasn't been a lot of information going around, and it's mostly non-crazy U2 fans, so I felt a little hesitant mentioning it on FB because I kind of wanted to shelter these poor Canadians from all us insane people. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/76254692844?ap=1

I haven't seen anything new that we haven't seen already, people asking questions (and me attempting to be helpful).

oh, I know I will enjoy it from wherever I end up. You know what I need to do? GET THE FUCK OFF THE INTERNET.

.... she said, while on the internet. :lol:

I have to do my morning check-in, of course! :shifty: Seriously though, at night I find myself sucked into discussions about the stuff, and I think I'm just bringing it on myself. I need to find other things to occupy my time for the next week or so, at least in the evenings.

Other U2 fans are causing my anxiety! :panic: :lol:

Only to an extent, obviously. You guys aren't stressing me out, I swear. It's just the combination of me being on too many places, too many discussions at once, and it just builds.

I did end up taking a teensy quarter of a pill last night. I think it worked! I know I was tired anyway, but based on how quickly I fell asleep without continuing to have the racing thoughts, I think even that worked. :up:

Also, me being offline a little more will mean you guys don't have to keep reading about my constant worrying. :rolleyes:

You guys have been awesome, and thank you very much for letting me vent and whine, but god, I'm annoying even myself.

:lol: the most hillarious thing is that I have NO clue what I did this time last week. The timezones and days blurring into each other made it that I've no clue what happened when. But it was all awesome anyway!

:reject: I will have to do work tomorrow, been messing about for way too long already. facebook all day.

Sorry, I'm not trying to cause you any more stress Cori!:hug:

Like I said, Montreal was an isolated incident.

Plus Montreal was so shit because LOCAL security handled it. In Toronto U2 security did. This may or may not be the reason why LARRY checked the venue the day before the show!

U2 security know their shit. They're awesome. :up:

Sorry, I'm not trying to cause you any more stress Cori!:hug:

No, no! You haven't. I really didn't mean to imply that you guys were stressing me out. It was FB last night, and some one messaged me and was all "After what happened in Montreal, you should sell your GA and stick with the seat."

I was all "OH MY GOD, FUCK OFF DON'T TELL ME THAT."

:lol:

I don't understand what everyone's beef with Montreal was. It wasn't the ROSE BOWL for godssake! I mean, the 4-hour check in rule sucked. And the scanners not working sucked. And telling us we couldn't go back to our hotel (so that I wound up losing my sleeping bag) sucked. But Was there a stampede farther back in line? Did people get crushed? :scratch: I guess, you don't have to answer these questions here, so as not to stress Cori out more, but could someone tell me why Montreal is the new WORST.VENUE.EVER? Like I said, it was no Rose Bowl, which for me will always be the mother of all clusterf*cks.

eta: This is in no way meant to be argumentative - I'm just curious as to why all the hate.

Please feel free to talk about anything you want, you guys. I shouldn't have said anything, because I honestly mean it when I say that you guys are totally fine and are not stressing me out. :)

No, what happened to me and a few others I know was venue related, so you don't need to hear it my dear!:hug:

Who told you that? Granted I was in the first 100 people. I think if I get there early - do my time - all will be fine. I think even if you get there around noon, you have a decent shot of the pit or even right behind the red zone. Those are still great seats. I remember we looked at standing there for Montreal 2.

A lot of people are coming from the area as someone mentioned. Here is the thing - we are online and connected. We have the information that most don't. My friend from Boston had NO clue about numbers until I told her at 5pm. She wound up with us on the rail after getting her number around 6 the day before.

I hope this helps.

ran to lake and that woke me up, lets just say that water temp is 5cm :whistle:

whens next gig, tonight ? cant load other pages for some stupid reason

and new Fb chat can :tongue: my ...

Tonight in Philly. I felt sad when I finally saw the last date come up on U2Gigis upcoming shows. :sad: Somehow if it wasn't listed, they could go on forever.

aaaw :hug:

well, I waited for 13 years for em to come to Funland :cute:
already put away monthly for next tour, am going to hit it hard :lol::D as its prolly gonna be last or so :heart::hug:

:angry:Oh great! I mostly stay offline anyways, because it fecks up so much!:crack:

O hai thar new fb friend!:wink:

Wish me luck in this year's London Marathon. I managed 3 hours, 12 minutes and 9 seconds last year.
This year I will try to beat that, but I usually get bored and turn over to watch something else.

now that cheered me up :lol:

Oh yeah!!!! Phoenix, right? I should be able to go up there to meet you for dinner or something, even if it's mid-week. Keep me posted.

We were supposed to go to Vancouver a couple years ago, but then decided to save money and just go to San Diego like we do every year. Like we're doing next week.

Yup, Phoenix it is. I will for sure keep you posted. :yes:

I highly recommend everyone coming to Vancouver at some point in their lives. The mountains and the ocean and the food and the parks, oh my! :love:

Back
Top Bottom