PGP: Countdown to last show of 360....sniffle....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah i'm good thanks

Bumped into a horny Irish guy on his way to Philly so persuaded him to spend the night with me first
:lol:
Be gentle with him - he's got a lot of work to do still.

Wow, this feeling sucks. That feeling you have when something you have looked forward to for so long is done.

I know what you mean. I almost cried tonight - and it's been 4 days for me.

You said the 'M' word. :crack:
:lol: :tsk:

Amy come and share my bed with Bono & Lars it's big enough for 4 people

*hops in bed*

Best group of smilies ever
Today, I could have gotten Foo Fighters GA. Can you imagine that pit. *shakes at the thought*

I got GAs for the Foo. I've been watching vids and I'm terrified. It's rail or waaaaaaaay back for me. I'm too fuckin' old to mosh!

Can i suggestdemand that Zooey is given "The Pleban of The Year" Award
Aw, honey. I'm just glad you're safe and happier than you were last night and you'll be able to get a decent night's rest. Tell Martin he can thank me with a nice bottle of whiskey at Heathrow when I land in Fall '12 (*fingers crossed*)

This popped into my head while I was swimming tonight. With apologies to The Bard (and to y'all for putting up with my Shakespeare nerdiness)
Thou, U2, thou hast metamorphosed me,
Made me neglect my studies, lose my time,
War with good counsel, set the world at nought;
Made wit with musing weak, heart sick with thought.

This popped into my head while I was swimming tonight. With apologies to The Bard (and to y'all for putting up with my Shakespeare nerdiness)
Thou, U2, thou hast metamorphosed me,
Made me neglect my studies, lose my time,
War with good counsel, set the world at nought;
Made wit with musing weak, heart sick with thought.

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Bravo!

I directed that show this spring and that line just popped into my head while I was thinking about all the work I HADN'T done this month b/c I was either seeing U2 or traveling to see U2 or recovering from seeing U2. :lol:

I noticed the douchecanoe tag tonight too :lol:

I worked out today, for the first time since Monday July 4th. It was a shitty workout but I'm starting to feel human again - like me again.

I noticed the douchecanoe tag tonight too :lol:

I worked out today, for the first time since Monday July 4th. It was a shitty workout but I'm starting to feel human again - like me again.
Feeling human is a good thing. Feeling like yourself is even better. :hug:

I'm listening to an audio rip of the bonus dvd from the deluxe HTDAAB, and Edge is singing the opening lines from "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" .....

:drool:

My friends going to Moncton, I give you fair warning:

if the GA situation is looking like a giant cluster, I may decide to bag on the line and go in later, or go to my seat.

/random comment as I try to talk myself off the ledge

There was a GA discussion over on FB, and I was talking with a guy from Seattle, and he's all 'If I were you, I'd ditch your GA and go with the seat, after what happened in Montreal."

I told him I would bail on the line if things got to be a cluster, and would just go in later or bail from GA completely, and that's what I've been telling myself all along, but I swear ..... each day lately I think I'm getting awfully close to needing one of those pills before I even get on a plane.

Dear doctor: MOAR DRUGS PLEASE.

COMET>>>>
I got your last PM a littler bit ago

looks like we're pretty set up!
don't worry about the iffy timimg thing
my schedule is sometmes pretty flexible

looking foward to meeting you and your Spider Posse!:hyper:

:up: :D Starbucks it is.

My friends going to Moncton, I give you fair warning:

if the GA situation is looking like a giant cluster, I may decide to bag on the line and go in later, or go to my seat.

/random comment as I try to talk myself off the ledge

:zen:

You know what would probably help? Stop reading about U2 and U2 fans and U2 concerts ALL THE LIVE-LONG DAY. :crack:

I might have to try that soon. Tonight's already shot. :wink:

You know what would probably help? Stop reading about U2 and U2 fans and U2 concerts ALL THE LIVE-LONG DAY. :crack:

I might have to try that soon. Tonight's already shot. :wink:

:lol: I KNOW THE FEELING. I keep finding my shoulders all tensed up next to my ears, and I realize it and relax and try to chill, then 10 minutes later I'm all Quasimodo again. :crazy:

I actually have started recognizing that little butterfly in the tummy that seems to signal anxiety and not just a little nervous twinge; it's sharper.

I felt them a lot today, and not even about U2 stuff. But thankfully, it didn't get bad, I just noticed them.

I'll have to really pay attention to it after I'm back from Ireland. If it's still going on, I might have actual anxiety issues that aren't related to travel. Or U2. :reject:

:hug: I'm betting that even the ones from today you thought weren't from u2 stuff, ARE FROM U2 STUFF. The U2 stuff is there and probably the ginormous underlying cause of the littler ones looking/feeling bigger. That is my conclusion. :D

(cause you know, everything else is piled on top of the U2 ones right now!)

I'm sure you're right, actually. :)

It's soooo dumb. Part of me thinks it's kind of funny, and part of me is pissed off about it.

I hope when I take a pill, I will be much more low-key and ready to go with the flow. I'll make sure to have one or two on hand for the day of the show. ;)

Is this the new thing your doctor gave you? Have you tried one yet, to like test it out? Just in case it makes you like too relaxed!

Cori :hug: At least you know you have the option of going to a seat if the GA stress gets too much. :)

Soooo Mark just texted me. Conversation so far:

Mark: I hope you had a better couple of days :)
Me: I'm fine. How are you?
Mark:Im ok. Been a wild week. Thank you for not hating me.

:huh:

I don't know, maybe he wants me to say something like, "It's totes cool that you broke up with me, NBD." I mean, I don't hate him. He had a terrible thing happen and I understand that and I hope eventually we can get back together. But it doesn't mean I'm not hurt. :shrug:

BC: not yet! I swear I was on the verge of taking one last Thursday, the day I met biodad. All day I would think "Should I take one? Maybe I should take one." and then the day was over. :lol:

I'm tempted to try even just a quarter of a pill tomorrow. I'm afraid of using them up too quickly. I know she'll want to know how they work for me (and I'll call her when I'm back from Moncton), but I'm just totally afraid to even take them until I really need them.

Based on today, I might try a quarter of a pill either tomorrow or tomorrow night. Should wait until I get home, in case it does make me drowsy. Doc said that was the most likely side effect, but everyone I've talked to who's taken it said it didn't make them drowsy, just relaxed, "normal" and "not anxious."

Cori, may I recommend the stress free GA? We showed up late for 2 of the 3 shows, and both of them we ended up in great spots in the pit, but were totally ok with the fact that we might end up at the soundboard. Being in line all day and stressing about the run in or where we might end up was too much for me. It gave me a chance to rest up, and spend some quality time with some new friends. :hug:

Oh, totally! I'm already all on board for that. I know we'll all just play it by ear when we get there and figure out the GA situation.

And yet even though I know that? It's still so "unknown," you know? I think it's the unknown and the anticipation of potential stress and all those "what if" scenarios that cause the anxiety. I can't seem to turn that off ...... which I suppose is the gol-danged definition of actual anxiety issues, so ...... ta-daaaaaaaaa. ;)

I'm so dumb. I've been so exhausted and BLAHHH the last couple of days, and had it chalked up to it being that time of the month (thank jeebus it started when I got home) and the letdown after the tour, etc. Only this evening did I clue in that I've completely forgotten to sit in front of my special lamp every day this week. :doh: No wonder I'm not feeling myself. I mean, the other stuff definitely has been affecting how I feel, but sitting in front of the lamp again will definitely help. :)

Oh, do you have a big Happy Lamp? A friend of mine in college had one of those. It was this giant fluorescent light panel, it took up tons of room in her dorm, I swear.

Oh, totally! I'm already all on board for that. I know we'll all just play it by ear when we get there and figure out the GA situation.

And yet even though I know that? It's still so "unknown," you know? I think it's the unknown and the anticipation of potential stress and all those "what if" scenarios that cause the anxiety. I can't seem to turn that off ...... which I suppose is the gol-danged definition of actual anxiety issues, so ...... ta-daaaaaaaaa. ;)

I hear you!:hug: We were so convinced that we were going to soundboard for night 2, that when we actually got into the pit, we were all high 5ing each other. That night was amazingly stress free. I did still feel some anxiety in Toronto, but that is the nature of the beast I guess. I am so excited to meet you in Minneapolis!:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom