PGP: Countdown to last show of 360....sniffle....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A big ol' light to combat the effects of Seasonal Affective Disorder (aka SAD), which some people get if, put in simple terms, gloomy skies give them gloomy moods. It's an actual thing, and I think there are a good number of people in the Pacific Northwest who have it.

Oh, do you have a big Happy Lamp? A friend of mine in college had one of those. It was this giant fluorescent light panel, it took up tons of room in her dorm, I swear.

:laugh: Okay, that made me laugh. Yes, I have a Happy Lamp. It's small and fairly compact, so I can take it with me when I travel (not that I need it when I'm in Hawaii... :lol: ). Thankfully they make them much tinier these days. It fits on my small little coffee table, where I have my laptop as well.

:wave:

Goodnight Cori and Thora and RyanCoke71 and DG and anyone else who's lurking.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I might not be around a lot tomorrow during the day... got some grocery shopping to do, and then I'm gonna dye my hair.

A big ol' light to combat the effects of Seasonal Affective Disorder (aka SAD), which some people get if, put in simple terms, gloomy skies give them gloomy moods. It's an actual thing, and I think there are a good number of people in the Pacific Northwest who have it.

Yeah, a crazy amount of people have it around here (like 4 in 5 ppl), which is absolutely nuts.

This light really helps a lot - it mimics the light of the sun, and gives my body vitamin D, which I have a huge deficiency of. Ever since I started using this lamp, it's had a remarkable affect on me. I'm much happier and more stable, which is fabulous. I still get weepy and over-emotional obviously, but things are much more under control now that I use this lamp.

I didn't take it with me to Montreal, but had taken it with me when I was house-sitting, and hadn't unpacked it. Now it's set up on my table again, so I'll be using it again in the morning. :)

Goodnight, Tara! Ooh, that reminds me I need to find the best night to dye my own hair this weekend.

I'm off as well. Goodnight, everyone. :)

BC: not yet! I swear I was on the verge of taking one last Thursday, the day I met biodad. All day I would think "Should I take one? Maybe I should take one." and then the day was over. :lol:

I'm tempted to try even just a quarter of a pill tomorrow. I'm afraid of using them up too quickly. I know she'll want to know how they work for me (and I'll call her when I'm back from Moncton), but I'm just totally afraid to even take them until I really need them.

Based on today, I might try a quarter of a pill either tomorrow or tomorrow night. Should wait until I get home, in case it does make me drowsy. Doc said that was the most likely side effect, but everyone I've talked to who's taken it said it didn't make them drowsy, just relaxed, "normal" and "not anxious."

It sounds like it should be perfect then, hopefully it'll be just what you need when/if you need it. :)

Oh, totally! I'm already all on board for that. I know we'll all just play it by ear when we get there and figure out the GA situation.

And yet even though I know that? It's still so "unknown," you know? I think it's the unknown and the anticipation of potential stress and all those "what if" scenarios that cause the anxiety. I can't seem to turn that off ...... which I suppose is the gol-danged definition of actual anxiety issues, so ...... ta-daaaaaaaaa. ;)

I know what you mean. I told myself when I decided to do this show that I would not let this one stress me, and now just a couple weeks later here I am doing just that. :fist:
I need to take a step back from myself and take a deep breath and just say fudge it and let whatever happens happen.

Yes, I'll be getting right on that... any time now. :uhoh:

Missed few days but seems ya lot had a great time :hyper::hyper:
am sooooo coming to US gigs on next tour :hug:

all I got here is fish and picked bout 30 liters of blueberrys so just made a pie

blueberrypie.jpg

yummy :drool::drool:

corianderstem said:
There was a GA discussion over on FB, and I was talking with a guy from Seattle, and he's all 'If I were you, I'd ditch your GA and go with the seat, after what happened in Montreal."

I told him I would bail on the line if things got to be a cluster, and would just go in later or bail from GA completely, and that's what I've been telling myself all along, but I swear ..... each day lately I think I'm getting awfully close to needing one of those pills before I even get on a plane.

Dear doctor: MOAR DRUGS PLEASE.

Where was the discussion? What do you know? I did manage to find accommodations in Moncton. I plan to drive to where the GA line is and get numbers. Yes, Montreal was a cluster but we'll most likely get in the pit. Hopefully U2 crew got feedback from Montreal and is a little more prepared.

I miss you K! Don't you just love all of the pics we are being tagged in now? The one after the downpour is a classic!:up:

JJAsi, are you on fb? PM me if you are and I will add you!:wink: Ok, back to bed!:yawn:

Dear Husband,
Our daughter turned 3. There is no need to spend $$$ on a ZOMG birthday cake. We are going to eat it, not frame it.

Thank you. Your loving wife.

Are you going to Minny too?

Yes I am!:hyper: That was a show I had tickets for before the B man hurt his back. The others I added after, so in this case, the cancellations actually worked in my favour.

Dear Husband,
Our daughter turned 3. There is no need to spend $$$ on a ZOMG birthday cake. We are going to eat it, not frame it.

Thank you. Your loving wife.

:lmao: I try to be reasonable with cakes, but sometimes it is hard. You always crack me up!:lol:

:uhoh: My memory is a complete mess right now, can't handle the awesomeness of this trip!

Again, so glad you decided to join us!:hug:

A week ago today, I was sitting in my car feverishly checking FB and Interference for news about the GA line. I was nervous and excited to meet everyone at the hotel and gathering. I was jumping out of my skin to see my boys take the stage after 2 long years. :sad:

I haz the sad.

And here as well. :sigh:

This day is gloomy, doomy and rainy, which doesn't help with the sadz. It feels like frickin' fall around here today. :angry: BOO-URNS!! :fist:

Back
Top Bottom