PGP: ... also i wanna do Bono again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the cover.....that's the best picture even if they thinned Bono's neck.

Really dumb blonde question, Amazon doesn't charge you for the U2 box set until it ships, right?

Yes, but the cover.....that's the best picture even if they thinned Bono's neck.

Really dumb blonde question, Amazon doesn't charge you for the U2 box set until it ships, right?

I was wondering the same thing because I bought it yesterday and I haven't been charged yet.

But every other time I've bought something off Amazon, I get charged right away.

I think because it's a pre-order. I read something that said, the price might change. If it goes down, they'll charge the lower price when it ships.

ETA:

You don't pay anything until the item is shipped. You'll checkout like normal and enter your credit card info, agreeing to pay the full amount. But, they won't actually charge the card until they ship the item.

You may get a "ping" on your card for $1.00, that is just Amazon making sure the card is legitimate and active. It will usually be refunded in a few days, then your card will not be charged again until the item is shipped.

Random fact: I :heart: U2's earrings. :drool:

Yes. :drool:

:wave:

Graphic design class was funny today; we have a group project of designing a book cover (random guy) and making text for it (me) and the guy who's collabing with me is a graphic design major but in the illustration part of the class right now so will make fail drawings for the cover :panic: and I'd be great at drawing it, but have to do text instead. I think I actually know more about illustration and graphic design than this guy.

Then again, that's a relatively easy project compared to everything ahead, and I only have to do text anyways. Ha. I've got some serious research to do for other things.

Also, successfully sent a letter (I made envelopes! :hyper:) to both my sister and my best friend today. Yay.

:laugh: I just spent about 15 minutes trying to explain Ian Curtis' dancing to a friend here and then ended up imitating it. And my painting teacher walked by and just started laughing. Hurr.

I haven't seen it on my credit card statement yet, so I believe it doesn't get applied until it ships, and then it will be the current selling price. Which seems to be dropping.

Onto the AB price topic—I hope it keeps going down so I can maybe afford it by the time it comes out :)

Right then, I need to do drawing. *sigh* Bottles and glasses, here I come.

:hug: Rough day?

Oh man, just saw on Twitter that Steve Jobs died today. So sad. :(

Yeah, I just saw it, it is sad. :(

You know how I sometimes talk about being busy at work? That apparently isn't even busy. This is our busy time. :crack: I just got home a little while ago, and I easily could have stayed for a few more hours.

Yeah, I just saw it, it is sad. :(

You know how I sometimes talk about being busy at work? That apparently isn't even busy. This is our busy time. :crack: I just got home a little while ago, and I easily could have stayed for a few more hours.

Oy. :hug: I hope things get a bit more manageable soon!

Ohhhh, right!! You had your skype chat the other day and now you have an interview...when is it?? :hug: :hyper:

No clue. I didn't get a phone call. I waited around at home all day yesterday and today, and nothing. Now I'm beginning to wonder if she meant they'd call next week. The chat was on Monday, and she said they'd be calling on Tuesday or Wednesday - she didn't refer to Tuesday as tomorrow. So I really don't know what to think. :sigh:

Oy. :hug: I hope things get a bit more manageable soon!

No clue. I didn't get a phone call. I waited around at home all day yesterday and today, and nothing. Now I'm beginning to wonder if she meant they'd call next week. The chat was on Monday, and she said they'd be calling on Tuesday or Wednesday - she didn't refer to Tuesday as tomorrow. So I really don't know what to think. :sigh:

Busy is good, but it's still stressful. My supervisor said this generally is one of our busiest times of the year, but that she's never seen it this bad and that she'll be taking stock over the next few days and might ask for some outside help to come in to ease the load a bit. I'm kind of bummed, our provincial election is tomorrow, and work has been so nuts, I never got a chance to volunteer like I wanted to. :( Now if our election cycles were like the US, I would have had plenty of time. :lol:

Trying to parse what most interviewers say is an act of futility. :rolleyes: They almost never follow up when they say they will, if they're even clear on when they will in the first place. :| Hang in there and try not to stress too much - if you don't hear from them, some other place that kicks even more ass will benefit from you, eventually. :up:

It looks like the outside mini-display of my 4+ year old flip phone may have died. :( It might be trying to tell me something. :lol:

Also, ugh. Unfollowing U2 Gigs for the night on twitter. Takes me long enough to catch up at the end of the day without reading hundreds of fake tweets. Plus, I'm grumpy and have no sense of humour. :)

Thora, speaking of applying for jobs, I apparently enjoy doing cover letters, because the other night Sarah's friend sent her a cover letter for an application she's submitting for an internship with a publishing company. She wanted Sarah to proofread it. It was kind of a mess, and Sarah wasn't feeling well, so I took it and spent an hour revamping the entire thing. :reject: :lol: I'm sure your employment counsellor is the best person to go to, but if you ever need a third set of eyes, let me know. :)

Busy is good, but it's still stressful. My supervisor said this generally is one of our busiest times of the year, but that she's never seen it this bad and that she'll be taking stock over the next few days and might ask for some outside help to come in to ease the load a bit. I'm kind of bummed, our provincial election is tomorrow, and work has been so nuts, I never got a chance to volunteer like I wanted to. :( Now if our election cycles were like the US, I would have had plenty of time. :lol:

Trying to parse what most interviewers say is an act of futility. :rolleyes: They almost never follow up when they say they will, if they're even clear on when they will in the first place. :| Hang in there and try not to stress too much - if you don't hear from them, some other place that kicks even more ass will benefit from you, eventually. :up:

Yeah, US elections seem to be never ending. :lol:

I'm not 100% sure I really want the job, but I would like to have an actual interview. If I don't hear from them by the end of next week, I'll assume they found a better candidate. Bleah.

Which reminds me. Must work on my resume.

It looks like the outside mini-display of my 4+ year old flip phone may have died. :( It might be trying to tell me something. :lol:

Also, ugh. Unfollowing U2 Gigs for the night on twitter. Takes me long enough to catch up at the end of the day without reading hundreds of fake tweets. Plus, I'm grumpy and have no sense of humour. :)

I stopped following U2 Gigs before the last leg of the tour, so I could be unspoiled, but one person I follow is doing the fake concert tweeting tonight, which is annoying. I'm tempted to unfollow. It's really not all that funny. I was intrigued when I first heard of it, then when I found out it was a joke I half laughed, then rolled my eyes and moved on. It just seems like they're beating a dead horse - it's pointless and annoying, not funny.

People with no sense of humour, ftw! :hi5: :wink:

Thora, speaking of applying for jobs, I apparently enjoy doing cover letters, because the other night Sarah's friend sent her a cover letter for an application she's submitting for an internship with a publishing company. She wanted Sarah to proofread it. It was kind of a mess, and Sarah wasn't feeling well, so I took it and spent an hour revamping the entire thing. :reject: :lol: I'm sure your employment counsellor is the best person to go to, but if you ever need a third set of eyes, let me know. :)

Yeah, I'm meeting with her on Friday, and need to have mine re-done by then with the suggestions we talked about at our last meeting. So I definitely have a deadline and need to get going on it ASAP. :lol:

Thanks, I'll for sure let you know if I need your eyes! :)

Pretend U2's Dublin setlist, 06/08 - U2gigs.com

:lmao:
Us PLEBAns should have a private pretend show. :wink: :shifty:

Am I the only one that thinks this is gay? And not Ellen gay - just silly gay.

OH SHIT. X Factor is murdering I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Why a fake gig? :huh:

Lesson of the day: color will mask any art fail. Make a colorful art fail and all is forgiven if you can do basic drawing. *just spent about 1/2 an hour on what was supposed to be a 5 hour drawing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom