Oteha Valley Road, Tāmaki-makau-rau, Te Ika-a-Māui Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm stoked we got these extra eight overs because what a knock by Shafiq!

So, 108 runs for Pakistan to win, 2 wickets for Australia. Even if Shafiq can keep going like this tomorrow, are Yasir and Rahat able to stick with him? But I'd love to see a Test miracle, really stick it up Australia.

Wow I feel iffy today. I definitely got too much sun yesterday, but now that I have free entry to a place with football and $5 beers may become addictive. Given I can basically go door-to-door on public transport too, that's just a win.

Maybe my 2016 hasn't been so bad.

Use some of the money you save on beer to buy better sunblock.

Too much forethought and planning, though. Effort and things.

This is the annoying part about applying for jobs at this time of year - you have to be stupidly flexible.

I interviewed at ANZ on the 23rd (after about 24 hours notice of the interview) and got called late afternoon on the 24th to be offered the job. Like fuck, it's not like I might have shit to do, or reasonably assume I can have fucking Christmas.

It's like when I was out Christmas shopping for an ex, and they called me (obviously I'm doing this on the 24th) to see if I wanted to do some overtime and start my shift early. I would have, but I was trying to be the good boyfriend and actually have a present - they called while I was in the store writing her card for shits sake. I figured why the fuck was this not a question yesterday when I could have arranged things?

Edited to note "they" in the last paragraph means ANZ, not my ex.

Last edited:
Hah, while in academia the idea you might start within a month is usually considered a bit soon. Wollongong told me that a start before mid-January would really not be possible!

Oh god I'm barely get anything done at work because I keep nervously checking Cricinfo.

I'm just impressed that Pakistan have made it within 100 runs after their first innings.

Always thought Asad Shafiq was a pretty underrated/unheralded batsman.

This is extraordinary by Shafiq, he's got to be man of the match no matter who wins.

Can't believe Australia didn't have a second slip and let Yasir get that four just now.

Just went to get afternoon tea and saw that LBW get overturned. Can't believe it was given in the first place, it was obviously high. There's one of your howlers for which the DRS exists.

Now we've put on the ABC radio in the office. :up:

Shafiq. :( :(

With only 41 left to get too. Can't imagine Yasir and Rahat will be able to cobble together even half that.

What the actual fuck was that final over. Let's play it again.

What a stunning effort to get so close, but what heartbreak too. We needed a heartwarming come-from-behind victory narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom