Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like an awesome time to me.. I really want to see them at Tower Theater in Philly after the U2 NY shows..

I didn't know that. I live in South Jersey, but I have a milllion things going on then, 7 concerts-6 U2, and 2 Phillies games in less than 2 weeks. I don't think I can fit it in.

Thanks.

DAMMIT!!!

I want to be in Barcelona, AND I want to catch MUSE opening for U2!

Well, I guess MUSE will do a separate tour, too.

Mark

Mark,
yes they most certainly will do a US leg of the tour. European dates were announced a while back. Most likely sometime beginning of next year is my guess since the european leg is fall to december.

So, you will definitely get a chance to see them at their best...I plan on seeing them too of course!:D

Two songs: New Born and Time is Running out. :drool:

Others can be Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Invincible, Knights of Cydonia, Hysteria, Map of the Problematique, Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and hurricanes..

yeah, I could go on for a while. :wink: If you want to get familiar with Live Muse, get H.A.A.R.P.!

Listened to these tracks over the weekend! They r growing on me, thanks!

Can anyone recommend some Snow Patrol songs to me? Has anyone been to their concerts and what do they usually play?

I would start with their album, Final Straw and then Eyes Open, then their new album, One Hundred Million Suns.

Highlights from Final Straw:

Run
Chocolate
Spitting Games
How to be dead
Ways and Means
Tiny Little Fractures

Highlights from Eyes Open:

You're All I Have
Hands Open
Chasing Cars
Shut Your Eyes
You Could Be Happy
Make This Go On Forever
Set The Fire To The Third Bar
Open Your Eyes

Highlights for A Hundred Million Suns:

If There's A Rocket Tie Me To It
Crack The Shutters
Take Back The City
The Planets Bend Between Us
The Lightning Strike

Here is a recent setlist example:

If There's A Rocket Tie Me To It
Chocolate
Hands Open
How To Be Dead
The Golden Floor
You Could Be Happy
An Olive Grove Facing the Sea (this is from a older album from 2001 called: When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up)
Run (THIS IS MY FAVORITE SP SONG!) :drool:
Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking
Make This Go On Forever
Shut Your Eyes
Chasing Cars
Crack The Shutters
Take Back The City
Open Your Eyes
Encore:
The Lightning Strike
You're All I Have

Kaiser Chiefs

Anyone at Paris shows here? wondered what the Kaiser Chiefs were like and what the said about opening for U2 / the stage etc?

yep i was there!

oh man i'm sorry but i thought they were pretty shit - terrible warm up - the crowd was positively lukewarm by the time they finished lmfao! the singer tried really hard to get things going though i guess... just not my cuppa tea really...

it was seeing U2 that mattered to me really... but the pre-U2 build-up and atmosphere just wasn't there i'm afraid... a really high-energy support band would've been fab... never mind...

I was at the first Paris gig and I thought they were actually quite good. I'm British but have never been a fan of them, really. Their music is very British - lyrics about people in tracksuits and drinking Special Brew - so I wouldn't be surprised if the French didn't get it (assuming of course they could understand the lyrics in the first place)!

But they were very energetic and their lead singer made good use of the stage and ran around into the crowd and getting people clapping along.

I love the Kaiser chiefs, sucks they they won't be opening in Toronto...you ungrateful muts!!! :wave:
i agree!! ive seen them only once and i had a blast and probably burned 700 calories. you guys are lucky. i'd gladly trade the black eyed peas if given a choice ;)

I love the Kaiser chiefs, sucks they they won't be opening in Toronto...you ungrateful muts!!! :wave:

AGREED! I saw them last November and they were incredible. Best live show I've been to in years... enjoyed it so much I'm flying to Chicago for Lollapalooza mostly just to see them again.

a really high-energy support band would've been fab... never mind...

This just... does not compute. Ricky Wilson is the very definition of high energy! Maybe it's different when you're in a big stadium? (I saw them in a small club)

Wish I coulda been in Paris this weekend... :(

This just... does not compute. Ricky Wilson is the very definition of high energy! Maybe it's different when you're in a big stadium? (I saw them in a small club) Wish I coulda been in Paris this weekend... :(
i agree with this too! i just remembered i saw them also at an in store performance at Amoeba in hollywood when the 1st album came out. Not only are they good but theyre the nicest guys ! that makes me root for them even more.

This just... does not compute. Ricky Wilson is the very definition of high energy! Maybe it's different when you're in a big stadium? (I saw them in a small club)

Wish I coulda been in Paris this weekend... :(

yeah the singer was really trying hard and going for it, but i just felt it wasn't backed up by the rest of the band... they seemed a bit lost in the stadium setting...

i think a band like The Killers or Arctic Monkeys or something, or even a newly reformed oldie but solid band like James or Blur would've been fantastic in that setting...

the claw is so huge they needed to be larger than life... bit different to a "small club" or "in-store" context...

i guess its just suprising to hear. they opened for U2 during vertigo, opened for the Foo Fighters a few years ago and are opening for Greenday later in the summer. They cant be that bad in big venues if they keep getting asked :(

i guess its just suprising to hear. they opened for U2 during vertigo, opened for the Foo Fighters a few years ago and are opening for Greenday later in the summer. They cant be that bad in big venues if they keep getting asked :(

hey don't worry... :hug:

it's only my own opinion and perception of things, and i was only 1 out of 90,000 people in that stadium...

if you enjoy them then that's what counts... :) when i saw U2 last tour in Nice, The Zutons were supporting and i was 1 of the 2 people dancing in the crowd where i was standing because i really loved that band! i don't know about the rest of the crowd but i had a FAB time haha

:wave: i have a feeling your zutons experience will my experience during the franz ferdinand set at the greenday show next month. Cheers to not giving a crap!! ;)

:wave: i have a feeling your zutons experience will my experience during the franz ferdinand set at the greenday show next month. Cheers to not giving a crap!! ;)

oh lucky!! Franz Ferdinand will be awesome! i would love to see them! my son is going to see Green Day this autumn - he is really stoked about it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom