Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Snow Patrol has won some fans with these shows, they've been stigmatized after their rise to popularity in NA because of fucking Grey's Anatomy.

Also, as a fan it was awesome to finally see them play live, they do what they do best, which is coalesce sounds into gorgeous and compelling melodies, they aren't the most innovative band of all time but Lightbody has a poetic but approachable lyric style and is a fun performer.

Glad to see Snow Patrol has won some fans with these shows, they've been stigmatized after their rise to popularity in NA because of fucking Grey's Anatomy.

sorry guys if this was answered somewhere on here, but what time does Snow Patrol come on? Is it 7pm or 730 here in Boston?

Snow Patrol was a lot better than I had expected. Their music was decent and they were engaging. Some of the songs were too formulaic, but it worked.

Went on the Muse board (muse.mu) just to pick up the vibe before their band gets the honor(lol) of opening up for U2.....what a bunch of arrogant assholes some of their fans are..of course they dont have to like U2 ...but some of them who are going to the 360 tour shows have such disdain for the band....wtf do these shitstains think they are??

In reading some of their posts they pretty much think U2 should be opening up for them...or "Ill be leaving once U2 starts playing" "U2 fans in the GA area should move out of the way so we can see Muse and when their done we'll let them have their space by the stage back"..."should be a separate GA line for Muse" etc.

Something tells me any hatred they may have towards U2 will be restricted to the internet....as internet muscles are all the rage these days ...typing tough guys...what a joke

I dont mind Muse ...I first saw them at the Curiosa(Cure) festival at Randall's Island in NYC back in 2004 (they attracted a small crowd on the small 2nd stage ) I thought they were OK...they didn't blow my mind...and a few girls I saw started walking away from their area after one song saying "this sucks"....kind of thought it was harsh judgement seeing as how it was the first song Muse played....wonder how they'd like it if U2 fans did the same thing to the Muse fans attending the U2 shows...I think not much

Honestly anyone who actually thinks that way should save their money. Fools, Muse will be playing their own tour. Also anyone who's not their to see U2 should have their tickets revoked and given to real U2 fans who would kill to be there.

Went on the Muse board (muse.mu) just to pick up the vibe before their band gets the honor(lol) of opening up for U2.....what a bunch of arrogant assholes some of their fans are..of course they dont have to like U2 ...but some of them who are going to the 360 tour shows have such disdain for the band....wtf do these shitstains think they are??

In reading some of their posts they pretty much think U2 should be opening up for them...or "Ill be leaving once U2 starts playing" "U2 fans in the GA area should move out of the way so we can see Muse and when their done we'll let them have their space by the stage back"..."should be a separate GA line for Muse" etc.

Something tells me any hatred they may have towards U2 will be restricted to the internet....as internet muscles are all the rage these days ...typing tough guys...what a joke

I dont mind Muse ...I first saw them at the Curiosa(Cure) festival at Randall's Island in NYC back in 2004 (they attracted a small crowd on the small 2nd stage ) I thought they were OK...they didn't blow my mind...and a few girls I saw started walking away from their area after one song saying "this sucks"....kind of thought it was harsh judgement seeing as how it was the first song Muse played....wonder how they'd like it if U2 fans did the same thing to the Muse fans attending the U2 shows...I think not much

Honestly anyone dumb enough to put in the time to queue up and wait that long for an opening act and COMPLAIN about the main act is retarded.
They must be spending mommy and daddy's money to just throw away a show like that...not only that but knowing they're bad mouthing the band that will give Muse more EXPOSURE seems disrespectful to me. God at least experience a show you already have tickets for, then make up your mind.
I've seen bands I'm not too crazy about at first, but after a live show I've usually changed my opinion

I admit I went to see Franz Ferdinand open for Greenday (without waiting in line all day, and got a great GA spot) ... but I STAYED for the main show! Why?

1) I want to get my money's worth
2) I want to experience something new
3) I want to get my money's worth

I saw some girls leave after the franz set and thought "really??"

I don't know. Knowing that Muse fans feel a certain entitlement really rubbed me the wrong way

Yes, I'm at that board from time to time myself because I love Muse, but some of the comments are really stupid. However, I've also read some comments from people who said that it would be stupid to leave before U2 comes on stage. If you don't like the band personally, just stay for the show. I think it's really dumb to even consider only going there for Muse. It's a waste of time and money. They're having their own tour, people can go and see them within the next weeks.

Personally, I'd love to see Muse open for U2, I'd love to see what kind of show they are putting on and how they are making use of the stage. Having seen all kinds of video footage from their shows I'm pretty sure the Claw is a very fitting set for their performance.

Personally, I'd love to see Muse open for U2, I'd love to see what kind of show they are putting on and how they are making use of the stage. Having seen all kinds of video footage from their shows I'm pretty sure the Claw is a very fitting set for their performance.

In 24 hrs I will finally be seeing them open for U2 in NY. I am so GOD DAMN EXCITED!:hyper: I would love to know whose idea it was for Muse to open cuz I would give them a HUGE KISS for making it happen! This has to be on of the best supporting bands to open for U2.

I also, think this stage setup is perfect for them! I will report back this weekend and tell ya..:wink:

In 24 hrs I will finally be seeing them open for U2 in NY. I am so GOD DAMN EXCITED!:hyper: I would love to know whose idea it was for Muse to open cuz I would give them a HUGE KISS for making it happen! This has to be on of the best supporting bands to open for U2.

I also, think this stage setup is perfect for them! I will report back this weekend and tell ya..:wink:

YES!!!

:corn:

Mark

in 24 hrs i will finally be seeing them open for u2 in ny. I am so god damn excited!:hyper: I would love to know whose idea it was for muse to open cuz i would give them a huge kiss for making it happen! This has to be on of the best supporting bands to open for u2.

:envy:

I hope people give BEP a chance. Everyone is just counting out the band before even experiencing them in a live setting. I feel kinda bad for them. I hope people don't just come in with a close-minded attitude to begin with or it's like they're not even getting an opportunity to win anyone over, so why bother?

I'm gonna try to enjoy myself, that's for sure. I think it will be a fun opener to just act stupid and jump around to.

cat, I completely agree.
I am just looking forward to a good time. I know I was one of those bashing a bit, but I kinda like a couple of their songs....and with that audio system, it will sound amazing.

:up:

:hug:

Did you see the email about the extra tix for the european shows? Are you going to any of these?

Now that the band have finalised their brand new stage setup (read about Dom discussing it here and here), we have been able to release a limited amount of extra tickets for a number of shows on the forthcoming European tour.

The tickets will go on sale on Friday with a fan pre-sale for the UK tickets this Thursday. For full details of which shows still have some tickets remaining, which ones will have new tickets available on Friday and where and when to get your hands on them, take a look at the list below...

UK
All dates ex-Scotland - fan pre-sale from 09:00 on Thursday 24th September click here. General sale from 09:00 on Friday 25th September click here.
Scotland - fan pre-sale from 09:00 on Thursday 24th September click here. General sale from 09:00 on Friday 25th September click here.

FINLAND
22.10 - Hartwall Areena, Helsinki, Finland - general sale at 09:00 on Friday 25th September from www.lippu.fi

DENMARK
26.10 - Parken, Copenhagen, Denmark - tickets available now from Billetlugen.dk - Forside

GERMANY
All dates - tickets available now from creative talent?|?news

FRANCE
All dates - general sale at 09:00 on Friday 25th September from Alias Production // Producteur - Organisateur de concerts

BELGIUM
02.11 - Sportpaleis, Antwerp, Belgium - general sale at 09:00 on Friday 25th September from Proximus Goformusic

THE NETHERLANDS
14.11 - Ahoy, Rotterdam, The Netherlands - general sale at 09:00 on Friday 25th September from Concert Tickets and Tour Dates | Live Nation Netherlands

SPAIN
27.11 - Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain - tickets available now from Concert Tickets and Tour Dates | Live Nation Spain
28.11 - Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain - tickets available now from Concert Tickets and Tour Dates | Live Nation Spain

ITALY
04.12 - Pala Olimpico, Turin, Italy - general sale at 10:00 on Friday 25th September from TicketOne - Home

I hope people give BEP a chance. Everyone is just counting out the band before even experiencing them in a live setting. I feel kinda bad for them. I hope people don't just come in with a close-minded attitude to begin with or it's like they're not even getting an opportunity to win anyone over, so why bother?

I'm gonna try to enjoy myself, that's for sure. I think it will be a fun opener to just act stupid and jump around to.

I have seen them before, and they were fun and entertaining enough (I saw them as an opener as well)...people just like to bash since they are a pop group.

sorry - im at a total loss here trying to find it - what time does Muse go on tonight and tomorrow at Giants Stadium? can't miss it!

Any chance to get the Muse set for a setlist party thread as well? I consider staying up this one and only time for a setlist, if I'm not too tired. I live in Central Europe. Concert should start at 3 here, Muse at 1. I'm curious how long their set will be.

Everyone going: Enjoy the show, have a great night :wave:

Muse rocked last night and Wednesday night.

Some pics that I took

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom