Opener for Oct 4-14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2@NYC said:
No Kanye for DC
No Kanye for DC

Please

No Kanye for DC.

BREAKING NEWS

Washington DC will get Kanye West with special guest appearances by Snoop and R. Kelly on U2's Vertigo Tour!!!!

U2Man said:

BREAKING NEWS

Washington DC will get Kanye West with special guest appearances by Snoop and R. Kelly on U2's Vertigo Tour!!!!

:angry:

Well, maybe I can see the premiere of the next 25 chapters of 'Trapped in the Closet'... :hmm:

That should keep me entertained.

r_kelly_closet_fl240.jpg

You mean you have not heard my masterpiece... :angry:

Best part of lyrics (Chapter 4):

"And she said please keep on goin
I said my leg is about to crack
Then she cries out
Oh my goodness, I'm about to climax
And I said cool
Climax
Just let go of my leg
She says you're the perfect lover
I said I cant go no futher
Then I flip back the cover
Oh my God, a rubber... "

U2@NYC said:
Best part of lyrics (Chapter 4):

"And she said please keep on goin
I said my leg is about to crack
Then she cries out
Oh my goodness, I'm about to climax
And I said cool
Climax
Just let go of my leg
She says you're the perfect lover
I said I cant go no futher
Then I flip back the cover
Oh my God, a rubber... "

I was close to tears laughing during that part. :lmao:

:ohmy:

R Kelly, Creativity and (Supposed) Illiteracy
Joe Schloss on R Kelly:

Having finally seen/heard R. Kelly’s opus "Trapped in the Closet", I was struck by a weird sensation of familiarity in the way the story is told. There was just something about the way the work is constructed that reminded of something, but I just couldn’t place it. Then it finally struck me: it reminds of one of those stories that kids make up, before they have a sense of beginning, middle and end. One thing happens, then another thing happens, then another thing happens, then another thing, until eventually it just ends. It’s like he was making it up as he went along.

Then I remembered that R. Kelly cannot read or write. I am not making fun of him: he has publicly admitted this.

So my question is this: Does the fact that I am apparently the only person who thinks this is a big deal say more about me or the American public?

<<illiteracy>>

Probably about 10% of american population is functionally illiterate.

The only other 'celebrities' that can't read was John Lee Hooker and possibly Ray Charles. Tom Cruise is said to have serious problems reading due to dyslexia.

u2fp

Ahhhh yes. R Kelly.....geniusness.

He used to have a house about 3 blocks from my parents house, set back in a wooded area.

He works out at the gym I go to. He always takes a tour bus to the gym. I swear.:|

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Kanye West.

Lila64 said:
maybe a U2 tribute band should be the opening act and play all the songs that the band won't be playing on the tour. Yeah, that's the ticket! :hmm:

I was joking with my dad about this one time, I said his band The Derivatives (who do a lot of covers as well as some original stuff) should open for U2, he was like "Yeah, we can play some U2 songs so that U2 can't play them... we'll play Sunday Bloody Sunday and they'll go 'damn, we gotta cross that one off the list!'" That's actually a good idea I think, have an opening band play half of U2's regular set so they're forced to change it :wink:

I wouldn't mind seeing Keane...no word yet on who's opening December 10th? I wish Bloc Party would open :drool: also, has anyone ever heard of Conner? They opened for The Killers when I saw them, I thought they were very good, very tight and energetic on stage, granted this was a small venue, dunno how they'd fair in an arena...

shit son, 3000 posts!

ZOOTB said:
Personally, I'd rather see U2 not even have any opening acts and play for 3 hours like The Boss and Mccartney. Being as big as they are why even have opening acts?

That's what I said before... Come on boys!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

not too happy about this one! keane are a terrible live band. saw them at oxegen in ireland and they just sucked the life out of the crowd. wouldve preferred muse, gomez or the zutons!

kellyahern said:

Have you seen The Sims version? :lol:

trapped in the closet is the Plan 9 From Outerspace of music videos.

there's a Sims version? :shocked:

link a brotha...

i can't wait for trapped to come out on DVD... i'll camp outside the store the night before in order to be the first to own this unprecedented piece of unintentional comedy history.

Back
Top Bottom