Opener for Oct 4-14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono foot worship...Pleba has found it's way into yet another thread :laugh:

Seriously, if you change your mind let me know. You can share our hotel, I'm sure (and we're going to the show in Pitt the next day... :hyper: )

Do you think it would be a Bad Thing if I sit on his lap during dinner?

:barf: After reading those lyrics, I feel like I was completely justified in calling KOL the Kings Of Shit. Where do they come up with that crap? And I'm an atrocious singer, but even I'm better than that King Of Shit nitwit. At least I know how to fucking enunciate.

My girlfriend and I were so bored during the KOL set at Boston III that we had to stare at each other to stay awake.

mabel said:
Milk

Salty leave , salty leave

tell me the one about the friend you knew
and the last good night that we toasted too.

Salty leave,
stay for me, stay for me

We drank wine in the matinee
and the spotlight showed what I chased away

Stay for me

She saw my comb over, her hourglass body
she has problems with drinking milk
and being school tardy
She'll loan you her toothbrush
she'll bartend your party

Kill me, kill me

I called and called, but I can't get through,
said he's on his own, but his own is you

Kill me

"Kill me" indeed!!!

You're kidding :| . Those are really the lyrics? :yikes:

Oh goody, a song about lactose intolerance.

and what's worse is there was alot of hype over this band. reviews of their music compared them to bands like Wilco...so I bought their CD. :tsk:

remember how he sang the "stay with me" part?

staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

:howl:

:yawn:

i was hoping for kanye west... at the very least he'd be interesting. oh well... looks like i'll be using the opening act for exactly what it's meant... extra drinking time.

edited to add that the fact that keane has listed on their "gigs" part on their web page that they'll be playing "madison square garden arena" pisses me off... it's just madison square garden you douche bags... and perhaps listing that you're opening for u2 might be a good idea so people don't get the idea that you might be able to actually fill a quarter of MSG by yourself.

Last edited:
Dang, I just got done defending KOL in another thread, and I come over here and find I have to do the same! :wink:

::rolls up sleeves::

Granted, they're better on record than live, but they've got some really good songs (Milk, however, is not one of them) - The Bucket, Molly's Chambers, King of the Rodeo.

There. I'm done now.

Oh, and the song from the VW commercial is Molly's Chambers.

corianderstem said:
Dang, I just got done defending KOL in another thread, and I come over here and find I have to do the same! :wink:

Granted, they're better on record than live, but they've got some really good songs (Milk, however, is not one of them) - The Bucket, Molly's Chambers, King of the Rodeo.

There. I'm done now.

I definitely agree that they come off better on record than live. I certainly wouldn't consider them a band that I necessarily enjoy, but I never really skip over their songs when they pop up on my Dell DJ when I have it on shuffle. However, live was an entirely different story. After the first 10 minutes, I found myself checking my watch every 5 minutes. Maybe they come off better in a club than an arena?? All I know is I'm very glad I only saw them once on the first leg!

martha said:
So it's Arcade Fire for some Canada shows and Keane for NYC and Boston, but that's it for confirmed acts so far?

Is Arcade Fire even confirmed? I was just reading the new blurb on the News section, and they were quoted as saying they're going to try their best to do "at least one" of the two Montreal dates. I thought that was a done deal for Montreal and a couple of the Toronto dates???

I think Manowar is opening for them for several other shows...

manowaranthology1.jpg

Lila64 said:
Can I just trade in the opening band for an extra 30-45 minutes of U2? They can take a couple of breaks if need-be, I'll be okay with that :sexywink: (Wondering who it will be for L.A., and will I find 2 tix for the 11/1 show. No one has any L.A. tix :mad: )

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

I saw U2 3 time on the first leg. The first one I was willing to give KOL a chance. They blew it. The 2nd time, I drank alot to keep my ears from bleeding. The third time I didn't even bother going into the arena until the end of their set.

They're awful. I don't care how they sound on the record. They're talentless hacks that belong behind a counter at McDonalds.

kellyahern said:

:lol:

drunk karaoke :up:

this could work - then people could say they heard Acrobat/Crumbs/ Electrical storm/Dirty Day AT a u2 concert venue

just not from u2 - more like a couple of fans who drank too much Guinness before the show

corianderstem said:

There. I'm done now.

Milk is one of them::madspit:

Kings of Leon have a cool sound, and I think his voice is pretty cool, very original, but his lyrics do suck!

Keane is a very simple band, very simple music, sometimes its good to listen to just simple music, get away from the really artistic music, Radiohead, Doves, Wilco

Steved1998 said:
I saw U2 3 time on the first leg. The first one I was willing to give KOL a chance. They blew it. The 2nd time, I drank alot to keep my ears from bleeding. The third time I didn't even bother going into the arena until the end of their set.

They're awful. I don't care how they sound on the record. They're talentless hacks that belong behind a counter at McDonalds.

Yep, I went in with an open mind at Boston I, when I had seats way up in the nosebleeds. Boring as hell. Boston II, I was in GA - and got right on the rail in front of Edge's spot. I vaguely enjoyed a couple of songs, but couldn't believe how little of the stage they used, how they just stayed in one spot the entire time. Totally unsuited to an arena. Boston III, I went with my girlfriend, and she was willing to give them a chance. We were GA, pretty close to where I was at the second show. After a couple of songs, both of us were bored out of our brains and felt like we could go to sleep.

In summary, they are not the Kings Of Leon, they are the Kings Of Shit, a totally worthless, boring act with horribly written songs and a 'singer' whose voice should never have been recorded. I can't believe they were ever allowed to open for U2.

maybe a U2 tribute band should be the opening act and play all the songs that the band won't be playing on the tour. Yeah, that's the ticket! :hmm:

Lila64 said:
maybe a U2 tribute band should be the opening act and play all the songs that the band won't be playing on the tour. Yeah, that's the ticket! :hmm:

I'd love to see Vertigo USA at the midwestern shows - they are really amazing :up:

Of the 5 times I saw u2 on leg 1, I sat thru a full KOL set once.

Eddie Vedder made a cameo on their last song - plus their whole set was GREAT at Seattle2.

I wish I could say the same about the other portions of their set I witnessed on different nights.

And I liked both of their albums.

u2fp

if I didn't have GAs for the 3 shows I had seen earlier this year, I wouldn't have arrived that early, which still wasn't early, but I did see them play. Can't remember a thing about them...

now back to that petition :hmm:

give kings of leon a break... a) they've never played in that kind of setting before, and b) it's not like they were allowed to use u2's sound rig anyway. u2 had joe o'h pimpin' out in this giant sound both in the back of the floor, kings of leon had some dude sitting at a desk on the side of the stage. :shrug:

wish i was able to go to the 14 th october gig, it's my birthday. I wish i could win the lottery:drool:

Gang of Four would be a GREAT opening act. They are doing fall dates, and have space in their schedule. They were a big and fairly obvious influence on u2 - and they kicked some major ass when I saw them in May.

Unfortunately, they may play 'too well' for a u2 opener.

I think MIA could fit the bill of opening shows.

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom