Oct. 22, Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I going to have to get a hotel room for this night then? :sad:

guess I'll play it by ear... :wink:

I popped onto Star 100.7's website last night and saw that they're having a pre-concert party at the Hard Rock Cafe in Station Square...I think it said from 5-7pm...

Just passing along that tidbit
in case anyone is interested :) Those are the only details their events calendar said so...

:)

8 days and counting peoples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: :heart: :heart: :dance:

We are planning on arriving around 9:30 or so (coming from about an hour away) -- a week from tomorrow!!!!

I'm staying at Station Square!! Can you give me the Star 100.7 web address??? I'm in San Diego and we have a Star 100 also....
Pre-party ya hoooooooo

ET said:
I'm staying at Station Square!! Can you give me the Star 100.7 web address??? I'm in San Diego and we have a Star 100 also....
Pre-party ya hoooooooo
sure, but wait a sec...the event is gone! I know it was listed!!!
it was listed there this past weekend. It said at the Hard Rock from 5-7 and Johnny Hartwell would be there...hang on a sec...

lol i know I'm not bonkers!

I'm sorry guys :(

anywho, here's the link:
star 100.7

Last edited:
u2_girlie_2002 said:
okay I emailed one of the on air people...lol, i was looking forward to this! :(

bummer news guys...I got a response back on the preparty from Jonny Hartwell himself (lol i found out he's the assistant program director :D):

"I'm not sure. I think the Hard Rock made that decision to pull the plug."

bummer :(

oh well, small minute detail...at least the show will rock.
Sorry guys!

Thanks anyway for looking and checking...I can still have a pre-party at the hotel!! Anyone in the area of the Station Square Sheraton...let me know!!

ET said:
Thanks anyway for looking and checking...I can still have a pre-party at the hotel!! Anyone in the area of the Station Square Sheraton...let me know!!

hey no prob :) I feel bad though...lol...I got all excited when I saw the announcement and then...poof! It was gone...

*alas*

LOL but it is 4 days and counting now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miroslava, when I had GA for the Elevation tour we got there at about 1pm and were maybe 200th in line--we got into the ellipse. People were lined up near gate 1, there's a sort of ramp near it--when it was time to go in they took us down and around so we entered where the trailers and stuff are parked. It's the quickest way to get right onto the floor, so they may be doing that again. I have seats for this show, but GA's for Cleveland. You'll see me hanging out at the entrance to the sound check area! :wink:

Oh, and there is a decent, not too expensive place to eat called Pizza Milano that is a 5 minute walk from the Arena. They have pizza, gyros, hoagies, beer--all the good stuff! :wink:

Here's a pic
pittsburgh.jpg
you can see the ramp-thing in the middle and underneath that (the black rectangle) is where they actually took us in.

:up:

Great stuff! Thanks for the info! :hyper: :hyper:

I am leaving a little bit earlier in Friday than planned (3:00 pm-ish) so I am hoping to be in Pittsburgh by 9 at the latest... still no hotel for that night, but it is still early enough to get there, see if anyone is around and if not, just go get a room for the night!!

I'll see you in Cleveland then! :D

Usually anywhere between 3:30 to 6:30... Generally, I'd say after 5:00 your odds of them actually stopping exponentially decrease...

Good luck :wave:

In Philly we lined up on Saturday night at 11 pm for the sunday and monday show anyone know if its going to be like that in Pittsburgh with a line? I was number 12 and I got there at 11.

Perfect example of what I'm talkin bout.

In Philly we got there at 8 am the day of after a hilarious night out on the town where we got ripped sang karaoke (I won $100 USD and Mark won $50), went to an after-hours 'house' where all this wicked house music was playing...woke up next day...and got front row centre.

:shrug:

Just got my 2 Pitt tickets payed more then face but was getting desperate and need the tickets as im leaving tommorow at 10 PM

Back
Top Bottom