Oct. 20 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I have an idea, only if you're comfortable w it.

Why don't we post pics in here of us, so that when we are in line or at the venue on Oct 20th we can recognize ea other?

Here's a clip of me from 2001..and a bunch of other fans. JesseU2 is in it standing and smiling next to The Edge.

I look the same but a little fatter.
:)

Anyway here's me

YouTube - U2 Memories, friends and family..

Looking forward to meeting you all again, and making new friends.

Now, post your pics or vids of you!
Go!

<>

I'm hoping to find a diagram or something- I have a fear of going in the completely wrong direction and ending up on the far end of the soundboard!!!!

Not going to Phoenix, but I do believe the entrance to the pit is right next to the Red Zone. I didn't go for the pit for either show I went to(outer rail ftw), so I couldn't tell you exactly where you have to go.

Also, people have been able to get into the pit after Snow Patrol/Muse has left the stage. I wouldn't stress about making it in. :)

Not going to Phoenix, but I do believe the entrance to the pit is right next to the Red Zone. I didn't go for the pit for either show I went to(outer rail ftw), so I couldn't tell you exactly where you have to go.

Also, people have been able to get into the pit after Snow Patrol/Muse has left the stage. I wouldn't stress about making it in. :)

Entrance to Inner Circle/Pit is on left & right side of The Claw normally close to RED ZONE AREA

Chicago One GA Arrived @ 6p.m. Inner Circle/Pit Six Rows Back Adam's Side:ohmy:

C'Ville GA Arrived @ 5p.m. Outside Rail Edge's Side A Tad To The Right Of The Claw Front Row on Black Security Gate:drool:

People were still getting into Inner Circle/Pit last night in C'Ville until at least if not a tad later than 7:30p.m.

Ok, planning to go to this show from CA before the other 2 stops in LV & LA.
So there are some obvious challenges. The distance & the week night thing (I have to work but can probably switch with someone).
I really wanna make it & am honestly on the fence. My girlfriend and best buddies can't go..but I can...I'll just be flying solo. I keep telling myself. GO! It's your fav band in the whole world !! Stop doubting. Just had to vent. I'll probably figure it out. Anyone else in this predicament? And yes I have tickets. Maybe someone else here is in a similar situation and has some insight.

Hey guys,

I have an idea, only if you're comfortable w it.

Why don't we post pics in here of us, so that when we are in line or at the venue on Oct 20th we can recognize ea other?

<>

Diamond! I forgot that I get to meet you (hopefully) at this show. There are pics of me in the PLEBAn photo thread and here's one from this summer. I just got my hair cut today though but :shrug: I also might make a little cardboard sign with my username on it for when I'm in the GA line. :nerd:

Photo242.jpg

Diamond! I forgot that I get to meet you (hopefully) at this show. There are pics of me in the PLEBAn photo thread and here's one from this summer. I just got my hair cut today though but :shrug: I also might make a little cardboard sign with my username on it for when I'm in the GA line. :nerd:

Photo242.jpg

zuropa_fit,

Cool, look forward to hanging out.

<>

Hello all this is me Floweravalanche. My Name is Crystal some call me CJ either one is fine with me. Here's a recent picture of me, it's not the greatest. I sometimes have glasses on, but I may not bring them to the show.
DSCF0138-12.jpg

And For those that maybe picky cause the other was "edited".

The Crapper version.
DSCF0138.jpg

bonoschild2009 (justin) and CJ-

Cool pics..looking forward to meeting you both.
CJ, I think you're FB friends w my rock star friend JesseU2.

<>

Entrance to Inner Circle/Pit is on left & right side of The Claw normally close to RED ZONE AREA

Chicago One GA Arrived @ 6p.m. Inner Circle/Pit Six Rows Back Adam's Side:ohmy:

C'Ville GA Arrived @ 5p.m. Outside Rail Edge's Side A Tad To The Right Of The Claw Front Row on Black Security Gate:drool:

People were still getting into Inner Circle/Pit last night in C'Ville until at least if not a tad later than 7:30p.m.
Missed you last night in Raleigh, outer rail on Adam's side...we'll be in PHX...lower seats.

IMG_0081.jpg

help

Hy, does anyone has any information about parking at the stadium area? I'm from Brazil and this will be my first U2 show. My flight get's in Phoenix at 2pm. I will be staying at the Econo lodge airport hotel and i plan to rent a car and drive to the show. Do you guys think it will be easy to park? Also i'm planning to get GA ticktes at gotickets for me and my wife, if we get at the stadium around 5:00pm, do you think we can still get good places? keep in mind my wife is 5'.

Thanks

I'm hoping to find a diagram or something- I have a fear of going in the completely wrong direction and ending up on the far end of the soundboard!!!!

Here you go bonoschild2009. I haven't been to a 360 show yet (I've got PHX, Vegas & LA coming), so this is just from research. There's a few Youtube videos from a guy running into the stadium (one in Germany I believe), that may also help, though I don't have the link unfortunately.

360LayoutCorrectedPath.jpg

So when you enter the stadium at the back of GA, head left for Edge's side, or right for Adam's side. You'll pass through gates at the front CLAW leg (may say Red Zone on this gate, go through anyway), continue down the sideline, past the rear CLAW leg, around the back of the stage, under the bridge, & YOU'RE IN!

Floweravalanche, don't despair. This stage is massive, with heaps of rail space. If you line up pretty early, even at a walk, I think you'll get a rail spot (especially for Phoenix, I can't see massive crowds there early). I'd recommend the outer rail, a much shorter walk, & a better view anyway, by the sounds of it.

My posts on interference have dried up, as I've been stuck on a mountain top these last few months, with virtually no internet access. Now I'm back from the snow I do expect my posts to be a little more prolific, & I do plan to be sociable & come along to these gatherings : ) Here's a pic of me.

DaveatFreshwaterBeachFacebook.jpg

Also I've planned a U2 roadtrip, with a few other interference members, from LA to Phoenix, Vegas, & back to LA. If anyone's keen to join us for a leg or 2 of the trip, just PM me. Also, we'll probably have room for anyone that needs a lift to any of these gatherings.

Only 2 weeks to go until Phoenix, bring it on!

Floweravalanche, don't despair. This stage is massive, with heaps of rail space. If you line up pretty early, even at a walk, I think you'll get a rail spot (especially for Phoenix, I can't see massive crowds there early). I'd recommend the outer rail, a much shorter walk, & a better view anyway, by the sounds of it.

My posts on interference have dried up, as I've been stuck on a mountain top these last few months, with virtually no internet access. Now I'm back from the snow I do expect my posts to be a little more prolific, & I do plan to be sociable & come along to these gatherings : ) Here's a pic of me.

DaveatFreshwaterBeachFacebook.jpg

Also I've planned a U2 roadtrip, with a few other interference members, from LA to Phoenix, Vegas, & back to LA. If anyone's keen to join us for a leg or 2 of the trip, just PM me. Also, we'll probably have room for anyone that needs a lift to any of these gatherings.

OOH! I forgot you were coming to this show too! :up: And you're such a cutie. :cute: I'm sure if I showed Mr.Z your pic he'd say something about "hell NO, you're not splitting a room with THAT guy!" :lol: Looking forward to meeting you and all the other Blue Crackers in the GA line!!

I'm sure if I showed Mr.Z your pic he'd say something about "hell NO, you're not splitting a room with THAT guy!" :lol: Looking forward to meeting you and all the other Blue Crackers in the GA line!!
:giggle:

I'm RZ, but will certainly be hanging out in the GA line, with Brad, Cathal, & now it sounds like Saeed will be coming along for the ride. ROADTRIPIN'!! :weekend:

diamond - nice video

darren - your floor layout picture is exactly right. i don't think there has been a show yet where people with floor tickets didn't come in from the opposite side of the stadium. and that is how you enter the inner circle area

i have red zone, but i'm probably going to hang outside the circle.

-dan

Hey guys, I'm late posting and stuff...

I live only 10 minutes away from the stadium via the 101 freeway, but also don't drive and my mom (I think) is dropping me off down there.

Not going to the fan gathering and all, but I hope to see some of you all in line or at the show :)

Hy, does anyone has any information about parking at the stadium area? I'm from Brazil and this will be my first U2 show. My flight get's in Phoenix at 2pm. I will be staying at the Econo lodge airport hotel and i plan to rent a car and drive to the show. Do you guys think it will be easy to park? Also i'm planning to get GA ticktes at gotickets for me and my wife, if we get at the stadium around 5:00pm, do you think we can still get good places? keep in mind my wife is 5'.

Thanks

I was in the GA line at Raleigh at 10:30 am....we were let in at 5 pm; my wife and I made it to the outer rail (still plenty of room in the inner ring) ... I asked the guy behind me, when did you get in line...his answer, 3 o'clock! plenty of room, in my opinion!

i have red zone, but i'm probably going to hang outside the circle. -dan
Gotta be honest, the RED ZONE at Raleigh was like the bullpen,,,it was small, to the extreme left of Adam and it seemed like that moving bridge was in their view the entire night...it was no where near the size that's depicted in the above photo/drawing, nothing like it at all. all the action is to the front...I actually felt sorry for those rear-view seats...the band rarely went to the rear...good luck...

For this one, we'll be in lower level seats.

OOH! I forgot you were coming to this show too! :up: And you're such a cutie. :cute: I'm sure if I showed Mr.Z your pic he'd say something about "hell NO, you're not splitting a room with THAT guy!" :lol: Looking forward to meeting you and all the other Blue Crackers in the GA line!!

:giggle:

I'm RZ, but will certainly be hanging out in the GA line, with Brad, Cathal, & now it sounds like Saeed will be coming along for the ride. ROADTRIPIN'!! :weekend:

I told Mr.Z and showed him your pic. He asked "Does he have an accent?" I said "I assume so" He says "yeah, no way!" :lol:

^hmmm... interesting.
But so true.
look through our pics...there were several shots of the open area soon after the GA opened...and this show was sold out...

there's one of BAW walking to the rail...and it seemed like it took forever for the inner ring to fill...

I took this from the rail (outer Adam's side) looking back...uhh, any room???

IMG_0076.jpg

He

2 weeks!:hyper:

Thanks for the info means a lot! :) My friend said she has a plan to helps us get a spot, I think her plan is to have me hold on to her and she plows through like a linebacker through the crowd.:lol: She is kind of a "big girl", so she says she has that advantage for that. I'm like Ok as longer as you don't get us killed or put in jail.:lol:

yesterday was our busy payroll day, unfortunately our next one will be on the 20th so it was like a test run for me.

i'm hoping to get out of here by 130 so i can make it to the stadium by 4

it's going to be a long ass day...up at 430, out the door at 5, work from 530-130, home by 2a if i'm lucky, then back to work at 8 :ohmy:

-dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom