NYC Setlist Party #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have higher hopes for tomorrow night. If I hear electric co or Gloria I will be put at ease for the remainder of the show. I'm going to look back at some set lists. I wonder if Out Of Control correlates to shitty set lists.

Party is "man set list was terrible tonight" followed by "can't wait to go tomorrow, GA anyone?"

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They really are broadway musical nowadays aren't they? Same setlist every night, same gimmicks. A colossal waste of resources when you have the catalogue, skill and fan base that they have. It's a crying shame to see how they represeNt themselves nowadays.

Then theres Rick Santorum. Indefensible.

Just how many shows in the same city would they have to play before they changed things up? 30?

Just how many shows in the same city would they have to play before they changed things up? 30?

"This song is for the people who've come to all of the previous 29 shows. It's something special. We haven't done it in a long time. This is... Vertigo x2!"

Guys, Vertigo and Boots are essentially the same song. Just as Miracle and Elevation.

... So yeah, you both are definitely onto something here!

Granted in fairness, one of my favourite tours, Popmart had next to no rotations. But popmart ruled and the songs were brilliant. Oh, and Bono sang 99% of the time. Remember that? Those times he sung? And didn't talk about Republicans in the house?

Father time turns everyone senile and conservative. Anyone reading my posts can tell that Im becoming at least one of those...

I enjoyed it a ton since I don't go to many shows. Hits friendly, but it sounded great in the arena. UTEOTW shakes the ground. Iris probably my favorite newbie live. Now next year if they play I'd hope for some rarities. Was surprised they didn't keep October in though.

Should've only kissed Paul McCartney's ass in the ass kissing part...

And did you pretty much have to get in ASAP for one of the Garden specific shirts? Though I didn't check the lobby when I got in, went through the hallways.

They really are broadway musical nowadays aren't they? Same setlist every night, same gimmicks. A colossal waste of resources when you have the catalogue, skill and fan base that they have. It's a crying shame to see how they represeNt themselves nowadays.

Then theres Rick Santorum. Indefensible.

Pretty much like every touring musician? (Maybe give or take a couple)

And no other tour relied more on gimmicks and same setlists than ZooTv but yep carry on carrying on

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Had tickets for tonight's show. A damn wedding in my wife's family forced us to have to postpone our NYC trip. She's always wanted to go to NYC, and I figured why not try to get a U2 show out of the trip? But it was not to be. Sold my tickets to somebody on this board... hope they had a great time!

This appears to be one of the most "Greatest Hits" sets you could possibly get, even the 2 "Wild Card" spots are "Greatest Hits". Obviously a U2 show is great, and this would've been no exception, but I'm not devastated about missing the show. I'll get to more shows next year (hopefully).

I agree. I would have liked to hear Angel of Harlem with The Roots but I'm not a Fallon fan. I prefer Conan and Colbert. This band, of all bands, does not need special guests to make a show special.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I thought it was great to have Fallon do a good cover of Desire with Bono as opposed to a fan singing it. Also with their finger injuries it was fun. And they have a history, yada yada... anyway -- lighten up kids. I much prefer to see someone with talent join U2 on stage than see some nobody get on stage with them. Sure I don't think they need to bring anyone on stage, but if they are going that way -- in NYC -- please bring some famous people up there.

Maybe Trump will get on stage tomorrow.

I thought it was a great show from the standpoint of the band performance. They are in top form, and Adam's bass really shines in the sound mix. Edge's guitar was too trebly in places, but he nailed his parts too. There's all these complaints about the set list, but when you see the tepid reaction to a song like Invisible, which I really like, you'll understand why it's taking on the current shape. It's the same reason why they dropped The Troubles I bet. It's only the die hard fans like us that really complain. 75% of the crowd are content to hear Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, etc.

My only complaint is that I am not that enthused about the Even Better....and Mysterious Ways versions on this tour. I guess I am a Zoo TV / Achtung Baby purist and always stand by the originals.

Where Chris Christie and Santorum guests of the band or were they just mentioned as being there because they're well known? Hard to believe that U2 would do such cunts favours of any kind. Neither of them are in positions to help Bono's causes either, and does he even need politicians any more? Seems like he's realized that the real power lies with corporations. Anyway, fuck Christie and Santorum. Given their beliefs I don't see how they can be U2 fans. It's like David Cameron claiming to be a Smilths fan.

The politician stuff doesn't bother me too much. I mean, I get why he's hobnobbing with them. I don't like it, and I'm not going to try and defend Bono over it, but I mostly get it.

That being said: UNCLEAN UNCLEAN UNCLEEEEEEEEEEAN!

If he ever hobnobs with Scott Walker, however, I might cry.

I didn't hear their names mentioned at all. But Bono has always made friends with the other side of the aisle and that's how he's smarter than the average bear. He's not voting for anyone. He's trying to help the world. And sometimes you can get people to do good things who you may not love. Do you think Obama wants to talk to these jerks either? But he has to. Our leaders have to shake hands with known dictators and scum of the earth... it's all part of the game. And Bono is playing it. I don't think he's going on vacation with them anytime soon.

But please don't put Christie with the other guy. He's just a fat arrogant jerk like most people from NJ (wink) but he's way above most of the people running on that side. He was also at t he Howard Stern party a year ago or so to introduce Bon Jovi...

Bono talks all the time about how he's talking to people the band wishes he wasn't. I remember being at a show and him talking about so and so senator being there -- some old racist mofo... but he was helping him get aids money legisation through congress.

Bono works the system to help the people. I respect him for being above the easy "that guy is stupid" approach to America that most people have. He's Irish and he sees that there are bigger issues at stake than what we fight about on talk radio. Human lives dying for the dumbest reasons in the world -- the good people not doing enough to help.

Sure I wish American politics was more like The West Wing, but it's not. Still did you look up and see we have our first black president and hopefully soon our first woman (or I'd take my Jewish grandfather Bernie too).

Either way, I didn't hear their names. I guess my ear plugs filtered them out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom