NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I’m not old enough to appreciate that answer. But regardless of how much better a #1 WR might have been (1400 yard seasons vs 1200 yard seasons), playing on a team for 12 years is a rare feat in the NFL. Those dinky retirement age seasons easily make up the performance difference, plus the couple of seasons of serviceable play.

Kind of hoping the Packers could get OJ Howard now but I doubt Tampa will want to unload him when he's still on a cheap rookie deal.

Color me very skeptical of a Big 12 wide receiver. Oklahoma can have some exceptions, and I think Lamb will be good. But I do not like taking Reagor over Jefferson at all. Roseman is terrible at wide receiver picks. Seems to be a pattern that will continue.

Chase Young is as close to a sure thing as it gets for the draft, but since he's a Skins player now, he'll be underachieving and begging for a trade in under three years.

Just remember... it all worked out just fine the last time... View attachment 12474

Except last time the return was 3 first rounders plus an incredibly timely first round swap option.
This time its a single 4th rounder.

And no disrespect to Garnett & Pierce, but they aren't a good comp in the NBA world to Brady and Gronk in the NFL world. Closest comp in my lifetime would have been Bird & McHale finishing out their careers together elsewhere, and even that still comes up a bit short.

But hey its alright, Pats have this shiny new first round pick I can get excited about.....

It was more in that they're all washed up

Remains to be seen.
Brady certainly isn't 2007 Brady but I think he still has gas in the tank, and with the array of weapons at his disposal he'll flourish as long as the O line protects him.
Gronk is about to turn 31 so still should have a few good years left. But his body was destroyed (largely thanks to the Pats asking him to block like a tackle on running plays rather than treating him like KC treats Kelce), but a full year off should rejuvenate him. Plus I assume Arians will not ask him to pretend to be John Hannah 2 of every 3 downs.

Needed a Cornerback and by all accounts Jaylon Johnson is a solid, physical, and aggressive one.

The earlier pick of Cole Kmet is more of a head scratcher for me, as I didn't view Tight End as a top priority, and he wasn't very productive at all in college. That being said, I hope he's a stud and is somehow the next Travis Kelce (wishful thinking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom