NFL 2012: The Super Bowl and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the media started the two weeks in love with the giants... then as it got closer to game time the love was too big and it circled back in the pats direction.

Bottom line is the media has too much time on their hands, and most of them are stupid.

This game will be won on match ups. Not on media created headlines or some sort of mystique.

Yes, very true. I think the media started to turn when Belichick conversed with them like a normal human being instead of behaving like a cross between Darth Vader and Hannibal Lector.

The best thing I get out if the media's 2 week bloviation session is that everyone picking the Pats all say the same things... that they just can't see Brady losing to the giants in the super bowl twice. Not about match ups, or where they are going to exploit something... just because.

Perhaps that's wishful thinking on my part... or maybe they're right, because that same thing scares me too.

But on match ups alone, I have to go with the giants here.

I'm incredibly nervous though... much more than in 2008. I didn't really get nervous till fame time then, largely because I didn't think the giants had a real shot at winning and was just hoping for a miracle.

Yeah, I'll be at a party for the game, so I won't be posting during the game.

Kinda wish I could. Alas.

I hope it comes down to the very end. Gimme some DRAMA.

EDIT: Also, Gus Johnson should be calling this game today.

There is absolutely no doubt the Giants will win the Super Bowl. Absolutely no doubt. There is no argument. THE GIANTS WILL WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

I made the above post right after the Giants beat the Cowboys to win the division and make the playoffs.

In 6 or 7 hours, this prediction will be true.

The best thing I get out if the media's 2 week bloviation session is that everyone picking the Pats all say the same things... that they just can't see Brady losing to the giants in the super bowl twice. Not about match ups, or where they are going to exploit something... just because.

Perhaps that's wishful thinking on my part... or maybe they're right, because that same thing scares me too.

But on match ups alone, I have to go with the giants here.

I'm incredibly nervous though... much more than in 2008. I didn't really get nervous till fame time then, largely because I didn't think the giants had a real shot at winning and was just hoping for a miracle.

There is no need to be nervous.
Relax. Just think about getting ready for the parade in NYC and MetLife Stadium on Tuesday.

Ak1zvC2CEAEMozu.jpg

This has been Joerags' wallpaper since April.

getting ready to head out... i'm sure there will be a post or two from the bar before kickoff... but if not, good luck to hewson and phanan and the rest of the pat fans :up:

but go big blue :hyper: :pray:
Enjoy the game, just not too much. :wink:

Hopefully we're all entertained, but at the end of the day I hope to see the Pats win obviously.

"See" you folks either late tonight or in the morning.

There's plenty of reason to be nervous. As confident as I am... its sports. That's what's beautiful about it. Anything can happen.

I think the giants are the better team. I think if they played a best of 7 series like in baseball the giants would absolutely win. But its one game. Anything can, has, and will happen.

On that note... NY1 just interviewed my live at the bar. Haha.

Awful coverage from the Giants right now.

I find Pats O vs. Giants D about 10 times more interesting than the other way around.

I think it was even more boring 4 years ago.

People forget that literally nothing of interest happened in that game until the last 5 minutes.

Danny. Woodhead.

(Sometimes it's fun to have you own personal players you cheer for, thanks to Fantasy Football)

Can't believe there wasn't a holding call on that TD pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom