New York City in October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the story with the GA at MSG?? Anyone there on 5/21??
Please let us know how they made you line up. Thanks.

Me and my girlfriend are travelling over from Scotland for the shows on 10/08 (my birthday) and 10/10.

First time I have seen U2 in the US - can't wait.

I'm travelling over from Dublin, will be in New York for about 10 days and got tix for all 5 gigs (3 great seats from ticketmaster and 2 ets GAs)

I've never been to New York so I can't wait.

I'm travelling on my own so I'm looking forward to meeting up with other nice interferencers, especially on the days I got seats for (10/7, 10/8 and 10/10).

wild honey 7 said:
I've never been to New York so I can't wait.

I'm travelling on my own so I'm looking forward to meeting up with other nice interferencers, especially on the days I got seats for (10/7, 10/8 and 10/10).

:wave: I think you're the girl I was standing next to at Croke 2.

New York is great. :drool: One of my favorite cities. You're gonna have fun!

Did anyone attend the NY MSG shows on the first leg of the tour...how was the GA line. I recall that MSG had some serious rules about standing on line, you could not leave the line, save a space for someone that was not there, etc.

I hope that this is not going to be a nightmare.....

I'm seeing 10/8, 10/10, and 10/14. All nosebleed seats, but I don't care.

Wild Honey 7 - I traveled on my own to see the band in Dublin in 1993, when I was 20. That was my first trip overseas, and it was an incredible experience. So's NYC. I'm sure you're gonna have a great time.

Last edited:
Headache - do you have more than one ticket for 10/11? Unfortunately, even if you did, all I have to trade with are single 400s for 10/8 and 10/10 (I didn't have any luck getting GAs).

Last edited:
Ah, that's cool. Well, look, man - if you can help me track down a reasonably-priced ticket for 10/11, if you know somebody who has a spare, I'll sell you one of mine, face value. Provided that you'd be happy with a seat in either section 421 or 426, of course. Where are your 10/11s, out of curiosity?

Shade said:
Ah, that's cool. Well, look, man - if you can help me track down a reasonably-priced ticket for 10/11, if you know somebody who has a spare, I'll sell you one of mine, face value. Provided that you'd be happy with a seat in either section 421 or 426, of course. Where are your 10/11s, out of curiosity?

300 section across from the stage

i'll try to find someone with a spare... but i'd certainly be willing to take any singles off your hand either way.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Same here! I've always wondered what GA in NYC would be like and now I guess I get to find out! :lol:

Probably like heading into Manhattan on a crowded train during a storm when only one line of the Long Island Rail Road is operating. Only, with music and screaming, and not the sound of people snoring while standing up.

Sorry, I was flashing back to my last trip to NYC!

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

300 section across from the stage

i'll try to find someone with a spare... but i'd certainly be willing to take any singles off your hand either way.

Well, I appreciate any attempt you make to help me out, and I will definitely try to help you out in kind.

I have a friend who just let me know that I can crash at her place when I'm up there (my previous arrangement had fallen through) so I'm going to take her to either 10/8 or 10/10. So, at press time, I have one single to barter with. If I'm not able to swap it out with somebody for a 10/11 within a reasonable amount of time, it's yours. I'll call my friend tonight and see which night she wants to go (probably Saturday). I'll keep you abreast of the situation, so you can work out your own plans. I wouldn't want you to miss a better deal because of me. Oh, my email address is jvick@rwbeck.com.

Last edited:
Headache - my friend is going to the Saturday show, so my bargaining ticket is definitely the 10/10 show, which is Sec 426, Row A, Seat 10. I don't know what your timeframe is as far as acquiring a ticket for that show goes, but like I said, I'll keep you up-to-date on my end.

I don't know if you've checked out the Garden website's seating viewer, but they have shots of a generic concert stage from the POV of every section in the arena. Check it out (if you haven't already) and see if you can live with 426, should you end up going with it:

http://www.thegarden.com/SeatingCharts/v1.0/1.html

Headache - someone offered me a 10/11 in exchange for my 10/10. I'll let you know if it falls through, but at the moment, it looks like a solid trade.

tattoo dan got a ticket in section 56 durring the ticket drop in may... baisicly everyone who waited on line got something.

i have no idea if the ticket drop will be as big as it was in may come the fall... but ya neve rknow.

MadisonSquareGardenU2_all.gif

Any news on any U2 tribute bands playing in NY when the MSG shows are on ?

BTW - it would have been John Lennon's 65th birthday on October 9th. Is there anything on in NY to remember him that day ?

Back
Top Bottom