New Video on U2.com Pt.2 (new 01/11/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then don't download it. It is as simple as that. You won't waste any more time if you just ignore the videos.

I think i have the right to deslike the videos, don't i?
Or i have to say amen to everything U2 throws at me?

And please don't get upset when i tell you that your are such a pain cos thats exactly what you are!

And please don't get upset when i tell you that your are such a pain cos thats exactly what you are!

How the hell are you still here?

It's so rich having Boy on the Horizon call anyone else a "pain". 8 years on this forum and I don't think I've experienced anyone quite so annoying, rude, self righteous, arrogant... Either that or he's 14 years old...

By the way, I LOVE the new video - beautiful singing altogether and it shows how good the spirit is/was within the camp. These people seem to really get along as friends first and foremost. Brian Eno IS the coolest!

There's only one person here who is a real pain and I think you know who that is.

yeah, you have, but you don't have to be so "loud" about it, share your opinion in a "normal", calm way and people who won't agree with you will at least respect you

What do you mean??? do i HAVE to leave?

no, but imagine this, new album comes out and you like/love it and start to act around the board like a normal person not a 'troll', no one will care about you and listen to you, everyone will remember you're rude, arogant etc...

No you dont, but how the hell you havent recieved a warning or something for the way you speak to people is beyond me, your just plain rude.

I'm sorry i don't mean to be rude, im just pissed that everytime i say something not positive about U2 i get bashed!

C'mon, the porpose of this forum is to discuss U2, their ups and downs, they make great music but they make bad moves, or have not so inspirational atitudes. If you don't like the way i think please i'm open to discuss, but the way some member act is like trying to make people like every single thing they do. And if this happens too often my response surely would be sometimes a little bit harsh...

There's only one person here who is a real pain and I think you know who that is.

As i said before its not my intention to be rude with anyone, but it's dificult to keep my cool if some member like you don't respect any diferent opinions. U2 does a lot of crap, so accept it and try to discuss it in a inteligent way.

BTW, is it right to write "keep my cool" ?

yeah, you have, but you don't have to be so "loud" about it, share your opinion in a "normal", calm way and people who won't agree with you will at least respect you

no, but imagine this, new album comes out and you like/love it and start to act around the board like a normal person not a 'troll', no one will care about you and listen to you, everyone will remember you're rude, arogant etc...

Why saying that this video is useless or crap is loud???? I think you are confusing this with being direct. I will not say "oh its cool to see Eno, Lanois and Edge sing along but it could be better" just to please some people cos a i dont feel this way. I think its a useless video, not even a little bit entertaining and a waste of time, for them and for me. Its my opinion.

And explain why am i a troll or arrogant? Cos i didn't like his voice on the Greg Lake cover? Or cos i think until 92 U2 were much better than after that?
Sorry but i'm not alone in this matter and you have to accept that. If you are saying that the way i respond can sometimes be felt as arrogant or rude, that's ok, i see what you mean and i'll try to fix this, but please don't bash me because the way i think.

U2 does a lot of crap, so accept it and try to discuss it in a inteligent way.

THERE YOU GO AGAIN!!! Even when you are trying to be nice you manage to show your true colours. I'm not trying to change your opinions but you have a way of expressing said opinions as gospel truths (then jumping down the throat of anyone who DARES to disagree). It doesn't take much to say "I think U2 does a lot of crap." rather than stating it as a fact and telling people to "accept it". Surefire way of raising people's hackles...

The worst thing is, no matter how many times it happens I don't think you have any concept of what you are doing...

Edit: Ok your last post there shows some form of understanding at last. We aren't bashing you because of how you think - you are perfectly entitled to any opinion you want. It's they way you've been expressing those opinions that is a bit annoying.

Edited.

I won't waste my time responding to these comments any more.

Try to argue intelligently and respectful yourself before you demand an intelligent discussion and respect for your views from others.

If you are saying that the way i respond can sometimes be felt as arrogant or rude, that's ok, i see what you mean and i'll try to fix this, but please don't bash me because the way i think.

See, this is what MrBTH said a minute ago. No one is bashing you because of what you think. The problem is how you express your opinion. So don't try to be the victim here, you're not, you're the one attacking and starting a fight.

Intelligent? Ok, I accept you're opinion, if you find U2 crappy, ok, I just don't understand why you're at this board. Your posts are almost exclusively negative, you're constantly stirring up trouble, you're bringing people up against each other, you're attacking other people personally if they don't share your views, you're acting as if your opinions are facts and act stubborn and childish if people don't share it. You seem to expect only crap from U2 and then you go around whining about how crappy things are.

Do i have to quote myself when i just said that they make some bad moves but not ONLY bad moves! On the contrary, if i hate U2 i would not be here. I NEVER said they are crap. I only have the freedom to say negatives things about them. Why are you so upset about it? I'm not attacking you anymore than you attack me.

I love U2. I'm here everyday to share anything related to them. And because i love them and i know them (their work) so well i think i have the right to be negative when i feel like to.

And explain why am i a troll or arrogant? Cos i didn't like his voice on the Greg Lake cover? Or cos i think until 92 U2 were much better than after that?
Sorry but i'm not alone in this matter and you have to accept that.

THERE YOU GO AGAIN!!! Even when you are trying to be nice you manage to show your true colours. I'm not trying to change your opinions but you have a way of expressing said opinions as gospel truths (then jumping down the throat of anyone who DARES to disagree). It doesn't take much to say "I think U2 does a lot of crap." rather than stating it as a fact and telling people to "accept it". Surefire way of raising people's hackles...

:up:

wow. another thread pissed on. whether right or wrong, i'd hate to be the same person responsible in both threads.

The worst thing is, no matter how many times it happens I don't think you have any concept of what you are doing...

Edit: Ok your last post there shows some form of understanding at last. We aren't bashing you because of how you think - you are perfectly entitled to any opinion you want. It's they way you've been expressing those opinions that is a bit annoying.

I'm not trying to be nice just for the sake of being nice. I'm trying to be coherent. You called me arrogant, rude and self righteous and i didn't call you anything. So...

But i cant cope with the fact that some people here don't believe that in 28 years since their first album U2 havent done anything bad. Not one bad song? Or even a bad album? Or bad vocals? or pushed the envelope in some occasion? So if i say that this is fact then i comited a crime??
So everything we discuss here, hundreds of thousand pages are all based on opinions only???

So if its not a fact that U2 had done crap they are the first and only perfect artists in human history.

Edited.

I won't waste my time responding to these comments any more.

Try to argue intelligently and respectful yourself before you demand an intelligent discussion and respect for your views from others.

I wish more people would have taken this stance a few weeks ago.

You can put out a fire a million different ways....but one of them is definitely NOT by fanning it.

Here's a suggestion, lets channel our energy into some intelligent thought provoking debates. There are plenty of people on this board that I disagree with...some of whom I've actually befriended. But in the end, when the smoke clears we've been able to express our views somewhat intelligently (though at times very passionately :wink: ) but for the most part in a civil fashion.

Can we get back to that again? :shrug:

i would hate to hear what would happen if my friends and I sang together at my kitchen table....the horror!!!!!! :ohmy:

I wish more people would have taken this stance a few weeks ago.

You can put out a fire a million different ways....but one of them is definitely NOT by fanning it.

Here's a suggestion, lets channel our energy into some intelligent thought provoking debates. There are plenty of people on this board that I disagree with...some of whom I've actually befriended. But in the end, when the smoke clears we've been able to express our views somewhat intelligently (though at times very passionately :wink: ) but for the most part in a civil fashion.

Can we get back to that again? :shrug:

i hate you.

:wink: :sexywink: :lol:

good post.

i would hate to hear what would happen if my friends and I sang together at my kitchen table....the horror!!!!!! :ohmy:

We just did that a couple of days ago, a wonderful experience, really reliefing. Thank God no one filmed it and it isn't available as a video for download anywhere. :wink:

I think the relaxed and party atmosphere in that video is a good sign.

But i cant cope with the fact that some people here don't believe that in 28 years since their first album U2 havent done anything bad. Not one bad song? Or even a bad album? Or bad vocals? or pushed the envelope in some occasion? So if i say that this is fact then i comited a crime??
So everything we discuss here, hundreds of thousand pages are all based on opinions only???
So if its not a fact that U2 had done crap they are the first and only perfect artists in human history.

I'm tiring of this but I'll have one more try. What you fail miserably to realize is that the very things that U2 have done which YOU regard as being "crap" or "bad" are the things which some other people might regard as being fantastic or their favourite U2 moment ever or suchlike. Similarly the things which YOU regard as being good or the "best" that U2 have ever done could be be less popular among other people. We all have our preferences and dislikes - just because you feel particularly strongly about certain matters does not make your own opinions inherently superior to that of those who disagree.

This latest video is a case in point. OK so you like nothing about it, you see it as a waste of time, yours and theirs. You made that VERY clear. Some people, myself included happen to enjoy the video, both the quality of the singing and the positive mood it exudes. However your comments suggest that anyone who likes the video is WRONG to do so and to even discuss it or comment upon it it a waste of time.

Repeatedly over a number of topics you have taken the same, negative approach whereby you actively and personally criticize anyone who disagrees with your point of view. And don't say that you are engaging in intelligent debate. Claiming that you are part of some majority who thinks the same way as you have done is not intelligent debate. It's schoolyard stuff. Your posts have an "I'm right, you're wrong so fu*k you!!!" tone which is really unpleasant. Can't you see why so many people get so annoyed by this? It's not a matter of being nice, it's a matter of being civil and it doesn't mean that everyone has to think the same way or agree on everything.

I'm tiring of this but I'll have one more try. What you fail miserably to realize is that the very things that U2 have done which YOU regard as being "crap" or "bad" are the things which some other people might regard as being fantastic or their favourite U2 moment ever or suchlike. Similarly the things which YOU regard as being good or the "best" that U2 have ever done could be be less popular among other people. We all have our preferences and dislikes - just because you feel particularly strongly about certain matters does not make your own opinions inherently superior to that of those who disagree.

This latest video is a case in point. OK so you like nothing about it, you see it as a waste of time, yours and theirs. You made that VERY clear. Some people, myself included happen to enjoy the video, both the quality of the singing and the positive mood it exudes. However your comments suggest that anyone who likes the video is WRONG to do so and to even discuss it or comment upon it it a waste of time.

Repeatedly over a number of topics you have taken the same, negative approach whereby you actively and personally criticize anyone who disagrees with your point of view. And don't say that you are engaging in intelligent debate. Claiming that you are part of some majority who thinks the same way as you have done is not intelligent debate. It's schoolyard stuff. Your posts have an "I'm right, you're wrong so fu*k you!!!" tone which is really unpleasant. Can't you see why so many people get so annoyed by this? It's not a matter of being nice, it's a matter of being civil and it doesn't mean that everyone has to think the same way or agree on everything.

:up:

The only thing i said about the video is that i think its crap and useless. I never said that the people who likes it are wrong.

Anyway good post!

Edited: and one last thing. you guys never gave me the chance to use my right to be angry or pissed. I'm waiting for more than a year for their new album, i've a a fan since forever and i cant be pissed about this video????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom