New album talk - album coming when fish start riding bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PMcGshocked.jpg~original

This quiet little interview with Adam is actually the best, most reliable news we've gotten in a while. It's very interesting to read the various opinions and insights on which direction people think U2 will go. It will be interesting to see which direction they go next, fellow U2 fans!

Seriously though, a single won't be planned for the end of the year, half the radio stations in North America become exclusively holiday music starting on Black Friday, nowadays a bunch of them start right after Halloween. It's ridiculous.

nowadays a bunch of them start right after Halloween. It's ridiculous.

I actually seem to remember this from last fall, driving through New England no less. I was like, wtf?? Christmas music in early November? :lol:

But I should be used to it..up here, because of when our Thanksgiving is, once Halloween is over all bets are off...there's no other holiday until Xmas, so....

U2 could always pull an R.E.M./Pearl Jam and release an annual holiday fan single as a Hail Mary for end of the year radio play. :lol:

"I've got the biggest gif on interference."

"No no, I'VE got the biggest gif on interference!"

gabe, how many times do you have to be told to let your "feud" with nick go? it's way beyond old. you've been warned way too many times recently by too many mods. this is the last time. no more digs, no more "i must have the last word", nothing.

let. it. go. if you think the guy's such a troll, report the posts in question and let the mods handle it.

the same goes for you, nick. you both just need to let this go, move on, and place each other on your ignore lists.

Shit got real :ohmy: :up: One of the band members solidly acknowledged the album nearing completion and gave a loose timeline. Great News! Totally opposite of what Bono said/inferred on David Letterman a few weeks ago.

As for anyone really hashing what Adam said and getting frustrated, just be happy we got a public acknowledgement. Can't wait to see the U2 hype machine start up- album pics, press shots, song name rumors coming from interviews, all the fun stuff :applaud:

U2 could always pull an R.E.M./Pearl Jam and release an annual holiday fan single as a Hail Mary for end of the year radio play. :lol:

That's one big pass I'd love the band to launch in the air.

I wonder what's up U2.com's sleeve for the next big fanclub offer. I thought we'd get something announced for the 2013 holiday besides just a continuation of 'From the Ground Up' & 'Edge's Picks'.

Anyone recall if they skipped years on a U2.com exclusive release, if so which years?

gabe, how many times do you have to be told to let your "feud" with nick go? it's way beyond old. you've been warned way too many times recently by too many mods. this is the last time. no more digs, no more "i must have the last word", nothing.

let. it. go. if you think the guy's such a troll, report the posts in question and let the mods handle it.

the same goes for you, nick. you both just need to let this go, move on, and place each other on your ignore lists.

Oh, I agree completely, and for my part I bear no ill-will towards Gabe. I don't know why he calls me troll, but I certainly don't think that of him.

What say you, Gabe, shall we bury the proverbial hatchet?

No Nick, as I've mentioned to you before, just stay away from me. Period.

Don't respond directly, indirectly, anything, period, to my posts, thoughts, ideas, none of it. You fool noone here and you are outright lying if you claim to this board now that you have no idea why I say you've been trolling me repeatedly.

Your offer is insincere and it is rejected. Sorry.

(sigh)

Well I tried.

PS.. Oh, and believe it or not, not everything is about you.

Sad, I make one or two posts for first time in a long time and it's stuck in between bickering.

Seriously it takes away from the forum. I used to post quite a bit in the Bomb days but I saw similar squabbling and it turned me off because people like myself scan past so much of the arguing to try to find the good points people try to make & fun constructive conversation and inevitably miss the better points.

:|

Sad, I make one or two posts for first time in a long time and it's stuck in between bickering.

Seriously it takes away from the forum. I used to post quite a bit in the Bomb days but I saw similar squabbling and it turned me off because people like myself scan past so much of the arguing to try to find the good points people try to make & fun constructive conversation and inevitably miss the better points.

:|

Don't feel singled out, it just happened at the wrong time. Sorry for interrupting your contribution, really.

I think we don't get much of a fan release this time around. I don't have any examples, but with a new album on the horizon maybe it's just quiet this year..given that with subscription we get pre-sale codes, etc. I could be wildly wrong based on previous precedent, tho. I just dont recall off the top of my head.

Ok I think I found the info I asked about, U2.com fan club releases. I went to this website, U2 - Fan Club Only Releases - Limited Editions Discs (1995-2010) and got some info.

1995. Melon (Remixes for Propaganda)
2000. Hasta La Vista Baby! (Live from Mexico City)
2005. U2.Communication
2006. Zoo TV Live (Live from Sydney)
2007. Go Home (Live from Slane Castle)
2009. Medium, Rare & Remastered
2010. Artificial Horizon

then we had

2011. U22
2012. From the Ground Up/ Edge's Picks

So it appears they've ignored new fanclub releases the year before the last 3 album releases. If this guy's post on this website is correct, Hasta La Vista came out in Fall 2000, but nothing in 99, the year before ATYCLB.

I wasn't intending to make a correlation by doing this, but I wonder if it just chance or part of the plan the fact that U2.com hasn't announced a fan club release this year after 4 straight years of releases since the last skipped year in 2008/ year before No Line... :hmm: maybe lol

Ok I think I found the info I asked about, U2.com fan club releases. I went to this website, U2 - Fan Club Only Releases - Limited Editions Discs (1995-2010) and got some info.

2005. U2.Communication
2010. Artificial Horizon

then we had

2011. U22

So it appears they've ignored new fanclub releases the year before the last 3 album releases. If this guy's post on this website is correct, Hasta La Vista came out in Fall 2000, but nothing in 99, the year before ATYCLB.

I wasn't intending to make a correlation by doing this, but I wonder if it just chance or part of the plan the fact that U2.com hasn't announced a fan club release this year after 4 straight years of releases since the last skipped year in 2008/ year before No Line... :hmm: maybe lol

When you take that list in totality it does seem to look like they try to keep fans happy in quiet years. Not a bad bunch of treats at all..even if the sub price is a bit stiff. (I think it's pretty much in line with other artists of their stature, tho, right?)

When you take that list in totality it does seem to look like they try to keep fans happy in quiet years. Not a bad bunch of treats at all..even if the sub price is a bit stiff. (I think it's pretty much in line with other artists of their stature, tho, right?)

Sometimes not. I learned from other fan clubs that I don't really have much use for water bottles or notepads with the band's logo on them. :lol:

It is absolutely hilarious that somebody has already posted the thumbs down smiley regarding the new album after assuming that it is going to be nothing new/exciting and will only try to relive past glories! :lmao:

This forum needs a "jump to conclusions" mat.

2005. U2.Communication
2010. Artificial Horizon

then we had

2011. U22

Duals was the 2011 U2.com gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom