New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 prepares to open new Las Vegas residency at cutting-edge venue Sphere

In the CBS Morning segment, the reporter asks about progress on the new album, and Edge says Atomic City is the song song that's been recorded so far.

:|

Whether he means it's the only "finished" song remains to be seen.

FYI there's also a setlist spoiler midway through the clip, when the woman artist appears under the screen and discusses the imagery behind her.

Haven’t heard the final version but good to see them giving the writing credit.

In the CBS Morning segment, the reporter asks about progress on the new album, and Edge says Atomic City is the song song that's been recorded so far.

FYI there's also a setlist spoiler midway through the clip, when the woman artist appears under the screen and discusses the imagery behind her.
I think it's a Larry thing. I think he's going to be out longer than expected.

also - is this the new Edge is on fire blurb from Bono?

"Edge started to fall back in love with himself. No, with the sound of the guitar … and the potential of the guitar. And we fell in love with that sound, too"

Instead of borrowing from Haim we’re borrowing from Blondie now

Also, I’m ready for Steve Lillywhite to executive produce the next album.

If they want to add color in with Jacknife Lee here and there that’s cool but I want another War record.

Last edited:
Yeah this is a really fun track. It’s not blowing my mind, wouldn’t be a top fave on their most recent albums, but I’ll happily listen to it whenever it comes on shuffle. That kind of range.

Hearing the guitar properly, it’s really feeling more Clash to me than Blondie. But that’s fine, either way it’s a good vibe.

I"m Free to do what I want any old time... did they credit The Rolling Stones and 1000 other songs with the words i'M FREE in them?

I taped 2 hours of NBC Today and didn't see U2 segment promised. Did they only end up doing CBS?

I don't think we talk enough about the reasons some of us love them so much is because they are so fucking funny and smart in interviews. Just good people connected to reality even though they live insane lives.

Instead of borrowing from Haim we’re borrowing from Blondie now

Also, I’m ready for Steve Lillywhite to executive produce the next album.

If they want to add color in with Jacknife Lee here and there that’s cool but I want another War record.

yep - sounds like there's an actual band playing this track. Not something pieced together by engineers.

FWIW it is officially out in Australia. Sound is more crisp than it was on the radio stream, but it hasn’t lost the production qualities people have mentioned. Maybe it’s lost a bit of that space and the echo. Not lifeless though.

Last edited:
Some lyric clarifications:

“Let me dive into your eyes and blah blah blah”

“Guitar-shaped pool with strings etcetera”

“God doesn’t play dice, but he likes roulette”

It’s perfect to launch Vegas. There’s always going to be the too familiar Blondie sting for me with the song but the production is great. Love the vibe the song brings, familiar Edge guitar, loud drums. Exciting if they actually stick with this sound and just do it with Lillywhite.

Some lyric clarifications:

“Let me dive into your eyes and blah blah blah”

“Guitar-shaped pool with strings etcetera”

“God doesn’t play dice, but he likes roulette”

Shampoo with strings!!!

Back
Top Bottom