New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly don't know where Acrobat fits in the ZooTV set. Maybe before Bullet. But that would have cut out Bad, and later Dirty Day. But I think that's the most logical place without making mass changes to the set

I think it may be best keeping it paired with Love is Blindness. It’s late on AB because it’s darker - the Bono “drop of acid” thing. The encore wouldn’t suffer too much - main issue is pacing Ultraviolet > WOWY > Acrobat > LIB. I kind of love it thematically, and if they did some dramatic lighting stuff and segue into it it’s the perfect set up for LIB to close.

Zoo Station in to The Fly will never be beaten as a live show opener.

Although Pop Muzik into Mofo comes a very close second.

I’m very curious to see if they end up playing AB from beginning to end in one run or spreading the songs throughout the entire set list. It would be perfect if they closed with Love Is Blindness into Can’t Helping Fall In Love.

Playing JT live in order didn't really work, but in theory AB might work in order because the album has a bit more a natural flow. Plus, it has a couple of the bigger hits (Fly, Mysterious Ways) later on the track listing whereas JT's biggest hits were all frontloaded.

Playing JT live in order didn't really work, but in theory AB might work in order because the album has a bit more a natural flow. Plus, it has a couple of the bigger hits (Fly, Mysterious Ways) later on the track listing whereas JT's biggest hits were all frontloaded.

Yeah I agree with this. I also think it lends itself to just starting from Zoo Station. No lead in, just get to the fucking monkey.

That said - a re-order reflecting more of the Zootv sequencing could also work - not that I want an SOS set, but we may end up with something like:

Zoo Station
The Fly
EBTTRT
Mysterious Ways
One
UTEOTW
NYD
TTTYAATW
Stay
Satellite of Love
Bad
Bullet
RTSS
Streets
Pride

Then an act 2

Daddy’s Gonna Pay
Macchiato schtick > Lemon
- SOS set -
BD
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
COBL
Lights of Home
- back to AB -
So Cruel
Ultraviolet
WOWY
Acrobat
LIB
Can’t Help Falling in Love

The production itself could extend things past 2 hrs to get them to the usual 2:25

They should release Zooropa as a single to promote the whole Spere circus. And by that I don't mean only streaming. Also as a a cd/vinyl/blu ray single in dolby atmos/dts 5.1. That would be worth celebrating and something great for the people who can't attend the shows.

History suggests we'll get a single, for sure. let's not rule out a new song. Maybe a re-recorded AB outtake or something new altogether

I think that would be more likely if Larry was playing. I would be surprised if they debut a song without Larry.

Yes I cant see any new music being released without Larry onboard.
I think Edge said they reused some of his previously recorded bits for some of SOS. I suppose that's a possibility? It's also possible he could be fit enough for studio recordings, just not weeks of live shows.

I 100% believe that Bono would play a new song live without Larry. However, I think it'd have to be released as a studio version with Larry on drums before that. I don't think we're at the point where a song is birthed into this world without Larry (although I think we might be getting close).

I 100% believe that Bono would play a new song live without Larry. However, I think it'd have to be released as a studio version with Larry on drums before that. I don't think we're at the point where a song is birthed into this world without Larry (although I think we might be getting close).

If Larry remains their studio drummer/co-creator and either can’t or doesn’t want to hit the road anymore, I would be fine with them continuing.

A little birdie told me L and B are on the outs, and that's what the whole thing is abouts.

The birdie also told me that L has signed on for one final world tour. After which B, E and possibly A will continue on.

The birdie was also drunk, so hey, could be total bullshit.

of course Larry is sick of Bono’s bullshit. But I still hope they both get over it.

Back
Top Bottom