NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bigger error was not fouling Salmons when they had the chance, rather than letting Ben Gordon beat (well, tie) them in the 1st OT.

Yup, this was a game full of some little errors that made a big difference. For example, Kirk missed 2-3 free throws, Tyrus Thomas held on to the ball instead of passing it to a better shooting teammate (1-2 FT), the Bulls fouled Pierce, and one (Pierce also missed some big free throws),
*These are not in order of how they occurred.

but...why didn't the Celtics foul Salmons?

I just got $40 tix to game 6, in Chicago. Nobody seems to realize that there are still tickets available! I found some for as cheap as $12, this morning. Anybody in or around Chicago? Get on that shit! Cannot fucking wait.

graphic-biggg-dddee.jpg

:giggle:

I actually can't believe how much better the nuggets are than the hornets. They just beat the crap out of chris paul last night.

I'm kind of glad to see Chris Paul get mudholed like that.

2mq6f68.gif

Come on now.

Game was very reminiscent of the game 3 drubbing that the Bullz put on Utah, back in '98. 54 points. Good times.

Commercials I've started to hate during watching hours upon hours of playoff basketball:

- "We will go-o-o HIGHER!"
- The Woods of Wisdom
- Ozzy Osbourne's World of Warcraft spot
- Any TNT series commercial in which an actor talks about how great the project is
- Any promo for Meet the Browns, the only thing that could make House of Payne look like Seinfeld

I'm sure I'm forgetting more than a few.

One again, Rondo is shoving it so far up the hater's arse's that they are getting headaches.

Another hugely stat-laden performance, maintaining his series AVERAGING a triple double.

With a fouled-out Jesus Shuttlesworth and KG making stupid faces on the sideline, Patches O'Hoolihan comes up huge with his second big time shot of the game. What a series.

Edit: Holy shit. And now Miller at the line for two shots and the tie. Crazy.

And I almost forgot to throw out a hearty LET'S GO MAVS.

Huge choke by Brad Miller. I think that should have been called as a flagrant based on the flagrant calls I've seen so far in this years playoffs.
I loved how awful Marbury looked out there. I have no clue why rivers gave him so much playing time and left big baby on the bench at the end of the game.

I actually thought that could have been called a flagrant too. I'm glad it wasn't, but I think if it were any time other than the last two seconds of overtime, it would have been.

Miller's sequence at the line was one of the worst I've ever seen considering the situation. A woefully short first shot followed by an intentional miss that didn't even come close to hitting the rim? Woof.

A series win? I forgot how good this feels.

Bring on the Chauncey McNuggets.

When was the last time the Spurs got bounced that early and that easily?

I'm relieved, because there's pretty much no one else in the West who's going to stop the Lakers. Not even Portland.

I guess Cavs fans may be thinking the same thing; after this series I doubt the Bulls or the Celtics are going to have enough left in the tank to take on Lebron.

Miller's sequence at the line was one of the worst I've ever seen considering the situation. A woefully short first shot followed by an intentional miss that didn't even come close to hitting the rim? Woof.

Miller looked like he was on queer street at the line, wouldn't be surprised to hear he got a mild concussion from the clean foul :wink:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom