NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And also, could there possibly be a bigger d-bag than Rajon Rondo?

rasheed-wallace-pointing.jpg

11.jpg

kobe-bryant.jpg

sprewell082207.jpg

Don't stop there...

195_isiah_thomas_pistons.jpg

p1_laimbeer.jpg

Alright, this series is long past ridiculous now. It's like the 7-game version of that 6OT UConn/Syracuse game. Saturday is going to be nuts.

the Bulls-Celtics series is going to go down as one of the all time greats. i'm so glad i got into the NBA again.

I'm eagerly awaiting Headache's comment on this.

Yes, I'm sure he has something pithy for us on this particular topic. Though he may be holding out hoping for a Bulls win tomorrow so he can give us the T-Mac/Starbury daily double.

the Bulls-Celtics series is going to go down as one of the all time greats. i'm so glad i got into the NBA again.

It really is awesome. I'm glad the Celts won last year, that and them being a longshot to repeat whether they beat the Bulls or not are the only things keeping me sane.

I'd love to see a Celtics/Magic series, but I'm fine with either at this point. Doubly so knowing that if the Bulls win, the Magic get home-court.

Maybe the Bulls match up incredibly well with the Celts or are for real, who knows? All I know is that this could be one of the greatest playoff series I have ever seen in my short time as a fan of the NBA, and I lovez it.

And next year, Marcin Gortat, aka The Polish Hammer, will have a full-on breakout year. Just you watch.

I really want to know what Headache would say. I know he didn't think Rondo's foul was flagrant. But now...I wonder if he thinks Rondo should be suspended?

My guess is that he would say, "by the rulebook...and how the NBA usually calls it, yes he should be suspended. But since it is the playoffs and the NBA would lose out on a lot, he can play."

I think my Bulls will be up by like 12, give up the lead, go up by 10, let Ray Allen shoot 3 three pointers, and somehow, win on a last second straight on, high arcing, nothing but net three pointer from Brad Miller. And...he'll get fouled and have 10 stitches on the other side of his mouth. He'll miss the free throw.

i actually watched game 6 at the Hairy Monk, which is an all boston sports bar in Manhattan... i'm being corrupted by my red sox/celtics/patriots fan girl friend. it's sad, i know. but, eh, oh well... i secretly still love bill buckner.

by precedent, rondo should probably be suspended for what he did in game 6... but the nba won't do that... there really is nothing different between what he did and what robert horry did, so rondo should get at least a one game suspension.

i don't think rondo neccesarily intended to throw him into the scorers table... they got tangled up with each other and he just kinda threw him and it happened to be in that direction... if he would have just thrown him to the ground there wouldn't be as much suspension talk but because of where he is, yea...

as for rondo being a douche... obviously it's nothing but chicago people and anti-celtic people saying that. rondo's low on the douche scale when compared to some of those who have already been talked about by others.

ben gordon grabbed his nuts after hitting a three and then got t'd up after fouling out... that's pretty douchey in it's own right... so be fair.

i can't root for marbury, but i equally can't root for noah... i'm just rooting for another overtime, and perhaps some free beer.

as for mcgrady... nothing needs to be said. all that's been said has been said already... the guy is a loser, and it's not a coinkydink that they finally won with him out.

he's one of those guys who simply doesn't get it... he takes crazy shots and stagnates the offense. he's a schmuck. i love it.

but i equally can't root for noah

What do you have against Noah?

as for mcgrady... nothing needs to be said. all that's been said has been said already... the guy is a loser, and it's not a coinkydink that they finally won with him out.

he's one of those guys who simply doesn't get it... he takes crazy shots and stagnates the offense. he's a schmuck. i love it.

I just can't get on board with the idea that they're a better team without TMac than they are with him. I just think the Blazers were a much easier team for them to beat than the Jazz were the past two years(not to mention they had to go against the Jazz without Yao last year, after having won 22 in a row - 12 of which came when Yao and TMac were both healthy before Yao went down - in the regular season). The guy was routinely labeled as a top 5 player in the league circa 2001-2004. He's been absolutely racked with injuries over the years. People get really down on TMac and I just have a hard time getting on board with it. He was an elite player in this league. He just had some mental issues and he's been dealing with this chronic back injury for the better part of a decade and now a fairly serious knee injury this season, and all that combined with his unfortunate absence of first-round victories has made him a punching bag for many.

I think that the Hawks would be wise to avoid taunting Wade or otherwise giving him any extra motivation, especially after what he did to them last night. I like the Heat in game 7.

Hey, easy on D-Whistle :wink:

I actually like Rose, he really carries himself like a pro on the court, and you don't see that a lot with these "can't miss" rookies all that often. And Thomas is OK, and Gordon (because we both went to UConn...so I reluctantly tolerate him & Rip Hamilton & Rudy Gay). But if I never see Miller or Hinrich again it'll be too soon.

This game is going to be ridiculous tonight...and I hope Miami wins tomorrow. I think they've got more of a chance to at least push the Cavs.

Rose's block of the Great Red Hope was hilarious, aside from obviously being a freakishly good play. Scalabrine is a doughy comedy goldmine.

They just got down too much there in that second quarter. I mean, you really can't go 8 minutes or whatever without making a shot.

But...it was still one of those games where we had our chances. Boston played better. We lose. Still a good series, but still... disappointing. :(

Their rotations were ridiculous. When they actually did rotate, Rose or Heinrich seemed to be the ones guarding Davis or Perkins...

Do you think things will be better with Deng?

I just can't figure out if I want Gordon resigned or not. If he goes, we lose a lot of offense. But he is worthless on D and man he shoots some dumb shots. Even my wife, who knows little about basketball, said that his air ball three near the end there was dumb. They were only down 3... But he does score 20 + points...would the Bulls be helpless without him?

Their rotations were ridiculous. When they actually did rotate, Rose or Heinrich seemed to be the ones guarding Davis or Perkins...

Do you think things will be better with Deng?

I just can't figure out if I want Gordon resigned or not. If he goes, we lose a lot of offense. But he is worthless on D and man he shoots some dumb shots. Even my wife, who knows little about basketball, said that his air ball three near the end there was dumb. They were only down 3... But he does score 20 + points...would the Bulls be helpless without him?

Do the Rockets miss McGrady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom