NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Utah now has 2,869 worthless first round picks over the next decade (unless Cavs or T-Wolves somehow end up blowing, but both should be lower tier playoff teams for foreseeable future)

nah.

i don't necessarily see Utah going the OKC route here.

they have assets. some of the picks will be used on players, sure - but some will be packaged in trades.

it's also, ya know, Minnesota and Cleveland. There's no guarantee of future success. Who's to say 2-3 years down the line Edwards asks to leave Minnesota or Mobley asks out of Cleveland? There's a good chance Mitchell leaves in 3 years - he seems set on getting himself to New York eventually.

Utah also got useful parts back - who will put up good numbers in Utah in a no pressure situation (and will then be traded away for more picks).

the only way to become a title contender in the NBA is to get really bad or really lucky. there's no middle ground. Danny knows this as well as anyone.

nah.

- but some will be packaged in trades.
e.

We thought that here in Boston, but it rarely happened. Several opportunities to trade future firsts that were from other teams (Sacramento and Memphis primarily) were passed on by Danny in the years before those picks were on the board and folks assumed each would be a high lottery pick. Danny held onto them, he loves to hoard picks, and each one ended up #14.

Ended up as Romeo Langford and Aaron Nesmith (as I said, worthless) in back-to-back years.
This is what Utah has to look forward to.
Their true hope is in their own pick being top 5 or better a couple of times the next few seasons.

We thought that here in Boston, but it rarely happened. Several opportunities to trade future firsts that were from other teams (Sacramento and Memphis primarily) were passed on by Danny in the years before those picks were on the board and folks assumed each would be a high lottery pick. Danny held onto them, he loves to hoard picks, and each one ended up #14.

Ended up as Romeo Langford and Aaron Nesmith (as I said, worthless) in back-to-back years.
This is what Utah has to look forward to.
Their true hope is in their own pick being top 5 or better a couple of times the next few seasons.

Well I think what he did in Boston, ya know, kinda worked out for you guys.

Well I think what he did in Boston, ya know, kinda worked out for you guys.

No doubt the fruits of the Pierce/Garnett trade to Brooklyn are huge. But since that move he really overplayed his hand on multiple occasions and missed some opportunities. (Most recently with Gordon Hayward, not taking Turner and MacDermott and asking for Turner and TJ Warren or Oladipo. Reports are he always felt he had to "win the trade", and in that instance by asking for too much he ended up with a TPE for Hayward instead. Coupled with the previously mentioned need to hoard picks and miss opportunities to sell high on them, he seemed to have lost a bit off his fastball. We'll see how things play out for the Jazz.

At least Headache talked Lakers a mere ten days ago in the RHCP thread

The vid of that altercation is really bad for Draymond. It's way worse than a skirmish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom