My last album review....POP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fandangamoq said:
I've also included some standout, non-Pop tracks from the tour, stuff that was never played (HMTMKMKM) or never played the same (WTSHNN and SBS) before or after.

I hope you enjoy it COBL_04, and anyone else who downloads it. Popmart was a great tour, and I hope you like your first taste.

~A.j.~

Tracklist:
Discoteque / If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
If God Will Send His Angels
Staring At The Sun
Last Night On Earth
Gone
Miami
Where The Streets Have No Name / Playboy Mansion (snippet)
Please
Wake Up Dead Man
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Sunday Bloody Sunday

http://download.you send it.com/C1CF3AAA5DF14855

I just listened to it and it's wonderful, but there's no Mofo in that folder! :scream: The one marked as Mofo is actually just Pop Muzik, and no Mofo :sad:

I think of all of them, Staring at the Sun struck me as most surprising. It's not one of my favourite songs, and the acoustic version never did much for me, but that one was really good. It actually got a little angry there toward the end. I love it when a good musician makes an acoustic guitar sound angry :drool:

Mofo did open every show. Actually, it was Pop Muzik(a cover of a song of the same title originally recorded by a band called "M" waaaaay back in the infancy of MTV), and then Mofo, but Pop Muzik was just the music played as the band took the stage.

And Velvet Dress was not a snippet, it was the whole song minus the middle 8(which is just a guitar solo in this song).

Yup Mofo started every Popmart show, but I listed the tracks in order of the album for my own organization.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I just listened to it and it's wonderful, but there's no Mofo in that folder! :scream: The one marked as Mofo is actually just Pop Muzik, and no Mofo :sad:

I think of all of them, Staring at the Sun struck me as most surprising. It's not one of my favourite songs, and the acoustic version never did much for me, but that one was really good. It actually got a little angry there toward the end. I love it when a good musician makes an acoustic guitar sound angry :drool:

Sorry, hope this solves the problem. Glad you guys like the tracks.
http://download.you sendit.com/F844A58E6FBE1960
~A.j.~

jonnytakeawalk said:
Pop aint that great. It's U2 without soul.

And what is U2 with soul?

ATYCLB? HTDAAB? :no: :scream:

Just Please alone has more U2 soul than anything from 2000 onwards

I can't think of any other U2 song with more sincerity and compromise than Please:heart:

COBL_04 said:
Just some questions now,

Where can I get bootlegs?
When is Mexico City coming out?

And some requests...
The single version of Angels.
The single version of Please.
The Jool Holland (or something) version of Velvet Dress.
and also, DreamOutLoud13, do u have an email address?

Once again, thank you to everyone for the deep insightful replies. It's made me feel really good. Special mentions to Queen Bee for finding all my review threads (can't wait to read Achtung's again, that was a HOOT!) and fandangmoq for posting all the songs.

Go Interference! [/B]

Here's the version of Velvet Dress with Jools Holland.

Personally, I much prefer this version over the original :)

http://download.ysi.com/DEA0A5A41D6B8EA5

(change 'ysi' to youknowwho)

That someone could not appreciate Please is really a thing i can't understand.

One of the best songs U2 have done in their musical career, in fact i can state that since Please they havent done anything so well on ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

I agree with those that are saying that U2 hasn't done anything quite as amazing as Please since 1997. But I can kinda sorta see how some would hate it... those that listened to Pop just one or two times and didn't even bother with the single or live versions. To be honest, when I listened to Pop for the first time I did not like Miami, Please, Velvet Dress, Wake Up Dead Man and If God Will Send His Angels. I'm not suggesting that MumblingBono has only listened to it once. But if so, please please give it another chance and check out the Popmart version seguing into Streets! :heart:

MumblingBono said:
Please stinks:down:

Some day I'll understand this board's love affair with that turkey of a song. No sign of a melody. They haven't done anything that shitty since, thank God.

Wow.

I mean, wow.

At least you said that some day you'll get it. But for the meantime, bashing Please like that is like bashing Streets.
IMO! IMO! IMO! :mad:

I'm one of the ones that doesn't think that Pop is the greatest thing since sliced bread but can still totally appreciate it..... Please and WUDM are brilliant, probably two of the heaviest, most brilliant songs of the last few decades. :drool: :combust:

I really think Please is great

I can understand why anyone reading this forum somewhat regularly would get a healthy dislike of POP and anything related to it though

So you never knew love until you crossed the line of grace
And you never felt wanted till you had someone slap your face
So you never felt alive until you almost wasted away

You had to win
You couldn't just pass
The smartest ass
At the top of the class
Your flying colours
Your family tree
And all your lessons in history

Please... please... please get up off your knees...
Please... please... leave me out of this
Please

So you never knew how long you'd stoop to make that call
And you never knew what was on the ground till they made you crawl
So you never knew that the heaven you keep you stole

Your catholic blues
Your convent shoes
Your stick on tattoos
Now they're making the news
Your holy war
Your northern star
Your sermon on the mount
From the boot of your car

Please...please... please get up off your knees
Please...please... leave me out of this please

So love is hard and love is tough
But love is not what you're thinking of

September... streets capsizing...
spilling over down the drain
...shards of glass splinters like rain
But you could only feel your own pain...
october... talking getting nowhere...
November... December... remember...
are we just starting again...?

So love is big bigger than us
But love is not what you're thinking of
It's what lovers deal it's what lovers steal
You know i've found it hard to recieve
Cause you my love I could never believe

ira.jpg

gunman.gif

Ireland35.jpg

ira_no_guns_cp_8522330.jpg

mural1petrolbombermed7rp.png

20040724074500497_1_original.jpg

300px-NIrelandDerryFreeJM.jpg

if ya don't like please, atleast give this version a try, it is BY FAR the best i have heard from a popmart boot...this is the version that got me to love the song, the album version is poo IMO.....everyone else feel free.....this song is the shit :drool:

http://save file.com/files/159216

xaviMF22 said:

everyone loves GibsonGirl:drool:

:lol: Not really. In fact, I think more people hate me than love me. But for the record, xavi is also my favourite. :sexywink:

Back on topic, this thread actually made me crack out Pop on the bus today. It has been a long time since I listened to it. And it was lovely. I forgot how good Pop was. Edge's first Digitech Whammy scream in Mofo still gives me chills. Did you download that remix of Mofo, COBL? I haven't the time to look through the rest of the thread to see if you did or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom