MUSE Part 5, where fan boys are welcomed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Dom and Matt kept playing for a few seconds before they realized what happened. Chris was just like :censored: this and got out a cigarette. :lol:

Have a great time tonight, everyone! :hyper: :love:

CITIZEN ERASED :drool: (sorry Amy :hug:)

I like the random girls you can hear in the first clip: "The show's, like, not happening right now." "Their so fuckin' epic, they broke the system." :lmao:

Can't wait for Tuesday night!!!! :hyper: :rockon:

I've watched a couple of different videos of the sound fail, and the crowd reaction in each is hysterical.

I honestly laughed out loud when I saw him light up.

we did too at the show, iris! it was awesome. he's like.. well, eff it! an unscheduled cig break! :lol:

Chris seriously cracks me up. Last night he was having a smoke while up on the towers, and then tossed the cigarette just before he started playing.

And on a shallow note, as much as I hate that red and black striped suit, Chris was looking mighty fine last night once he discarded the jacket. :drool:

I love how Dom and Matt kept playing for a few seconds before they realized what happened. Chris was just like :censored: this and got out a cigarette. :lol:

Have a great time tonight, everyone! :hyper: :love:

I was right in front of Chris when this happened.. Me and Julie were cracking up when he whipped out the ciggy...Yeah and Matt and Dom sort of kept going for like 5 sec before stopping and going wtf and laughing then leaving the stage.

CITIZEN ERASED :drool: (sorry Amy :hug:)

I am beyond upset at myself for not going.. This is the second show I could of gone too where they played a rarity and I wasn't there. :angry: To be honest, I am having a hard time with this.. Oh well, I will get over it somehow..:sad:

I am happy that you, cari, mia and Laura got to see this tho..

I am beyond upset at myself for not going.. This is the second show I could of gone too where they played a rarity and I wasn't there. :angry: To be honest, I am having a hard time with this.. Oh well, I will get over it somehow..:sad:

Thanks. I will never understand their decision making when it comes to setlists, and it really is an issue that I'm starting to have with the band, albeit the only one. I find it quite unfair to play the standard set at one gig, and then throw in one or two rarities at the next. I feel the same way about their choice to play 15 songs at one gig and 19 at another. It's unfair to fans who don't have the ability to attend multiple gigs, and I don't know why they don't recognize that.

Thanks. I will never understand their decision making when it comes to setlists, and it really is an issue that I'm starting to have with the band, albeit the only one. I find it quite unfair to play the standard set at one gig, and then throw in one or two rarities at the next. I feel the same way about their choice to play 15 songs at one gig and 19 at another. It's unfair to fans who don't have the ability to attend multiple gigs, and I don't know why they don't recognize that.

I couldn't agree more.. And I am getting irritated as well about these setlists. I don't get the logic or thinking they have with this. They are not the only ones who are notorious for this, U2 has also done this to a degree. It really is unfair to the fans to do this.. I still love them to death tho. We are of many fans who feel this same way.. I know they peruse the boards on occasion but they really need to take a hard look at what the fans are saying and do something about it or at least maybe get some explanation out there.. I don't know I guess that is asking for alot.:shrug:

Amy, is there an angry thread on the muse board about these setlists? I anticipate having a static setlist tomorrow night in Raleigh. It would be nice if they threw in some rarities just for me, especially since this is my last time I will see them on this tour this year. It is all about me. Matt, Dom and Chris, please make my #7 a memorable one!

/selfish me!
:wink:

I couldn't agree more.. And I am getting irritated as well about these setlists. I don't get the logic or thinking they have with this. They are not the only ones who are notorious for this, U2 has also done this to a degree. It really is unfair to the fans to do this.. I still love them to death tho. We are of many fans who feel this same way.. I know they peruse the boards on occasion but they really need to take a hard look at what the fans are saying and do something about it or at least maybe get some explanation out there.. I don't know I guess that is asking for alot.:shrug:

It's like the summer stadium tour where there wasn't much of a difference between a stadium show's setlist and what they played during a festival. I I love the band and will continue to see them, however their logic completely escapes me on this topic. And like you said, it isn't just Muse, other bands pull the same thing, much to the annoyance of many fans.

Amy, is there an angry thread on the muse board about these setlists? I anticipate having a static setlist tomorrow night in Raleigh. It would be nice if they threw in some rarities just for me, especially since this is my last time I will see them on this tour this year. It is all about me. Matt, Dom and Chris, please make my #7 a memorable one!

/selfish me!
:wink:

People have been expressing their setlist disappointment in the fall tour discussion thread (link).

:hug:

I have a couple of pics from both nights up on my FB page. No video yet because of the crappy wireless internet at the hotel.

Saturday 10/23/10

Sunday 10/24/10

Thanks for the pics, Moody :love:

mine didn't come out great at all + i didn't take as many as i thought because i was so busy rocking out :rockon:

hug.gif

Thanks for the pics, Moody :love:

mine didn't come out great at all + i didn't take as many as i thought because i was so busy rocking out
headbang.gif

You're welcome. Quite a few of them are blurry, so I'll have to go through them all when I have more time.

I didn't know there were so many interferencers at the NJ show last night. We could have had a meetup!

Here are my videos I taped more then half of the concert if anyone is interested YouTube - Steved1998's Channel

Thanks, I'll check them out. I've only been able to upload one video because YouTube refuses to cooperate tonight.

I couldn't agree more.. And I am getting irritated as well about these setlists. I don't get the logic or thinking they have with this.

I'm guessing that Muse figure that the majority of people who attend any given concert don't know or care about the rarities or much of their early material, period :shrug: I've seen a few comments in the tour threads where people were complaining how audience around them were talking through the less-known songs. So the band just throw in rarities when they feel like it and don't make it a priority.

Personally, I prefer to think of rarities as a nice extra - making them a major focus of concert going is IMO simply self-defeating.

I'm guessing that Muse figure that the majority of people who attend any given concert don't know or care about the rarities or much of their early material, period :shrug: I've seen a few comments in the tour threads where people were complaining how audience around them were talking through the less-known songs. So the band just throw in rarities when they feel like it and don't make it a priority.

Personally, I prefer to think of rarities as a nice extra - making them a major focus of concert going is IMO simply self-defeating.

I see that but that's the case with just about every well known band out there really and while I see that they are trying to appeal to the casual fan by playing the hits thus building their fan base especially here in the US where it's behind the rest of the world. At some point you would think this would change a bit. U2 is guilty of this that's for sure. It's something that us fans just have to live with. :shrug:

I think that with most bands the crowd at their gigs consists of a small core of die-hards and the much bigger proportion of casual fans. Especially with the more well-known ones - many people would know their popular songs and albums, but be unfamiliar with the band's more obscure, less popular work.

Exactly. You gotta play to the audience you're most likely going to be performing in front of. Add in the fact as well that there are many people who aren't seeing them for the fifth or sixth time, but for the first, and the hits are most likely what'll get their attention if they're interested, and people who are already fans want that chance to experience some of the classic songs live. That's why I hate those threads/posts in EYKIW where they talk about "warhorse" songs that should be dropped from setlists. I read that stuff and think, "Well, maybe you're tired of hearing 'With Or Without You' or 'Bullet The Blue Sky' or 'Pride' or whatever, but I've never seen the band and if I ever do, I'd kinda like the chance to experience those songs live."

I fully understand static setlists being seen as boring, and agree that changing the order and such now and again wouldn't hurt. And if you want to throw in a lesser-known song, hey, go for it! Sometimes that can help make people fans, too. But like it or not, most bands will stick to the well-known stuff and have a set way of performing it, so I don't really get all that bothered by it. I figure, the band can play whatever the hell they want, I'm just happy to be there.

Anywho, glad to hear everyone's continuing to have good experiences at the shows. Funny as hell story about their sound going out on them-awwww, poor guys :hug:! I love how in the first clip the spotlights all slowly turn back onto the stage :laugh:. The crowd commentary is hilariously awesome, too-so, um, just to clarify, did they break it :p? And the second clip...:lol:, the guys' reactions are just priceless (god love ya, Chris :hug: :))!

Way to recover, though. "Can you hear that? Yeah! Back on".

As always, thanks for the concert clips and such, all those who've shared them. Will go through and check them out when I get more time to do so.

*Edited to add: LOL, awesome picture there, Saracene :applaud:! *Looks over at her sister's cat* I've never been in that thread, may have to go look through it to see your picture thing there.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom