Muse Cont'd.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to muselive.com, there's a possibility of the new album coming out in September with the tour kicking off in October :yes:

Origin of Symmetry is the Holy Grail for many hardcore Muse fans. I think it's got three genuine classics (Newborn, Plug in Baby, Bliss), two very good songs (Citizen Erased, Feeling Good), while the rest ranges from okay to unlistenable (Microcuts). IMO if Showbiz was their baby album OOS is their adolescent.

According to muselive.com, there's a possibility of the new album coming out in September with the tour kicking off in October :yes:

Origin of Symmetry is the Holy Grail for many hardcore Muse fans. I think it's got three genuine classics (Newborn, Plug in Baby, Bliss), two very good songs (Citizen Erased, Feeling Good), while the rest ranges from okay to unlistenable (Microcuts). IMO if Showbiz was their baby album OOS is their adolescent.

what!!!!!!!!!!!!! October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! concert overload and joy at the same time.. :combust: :hyper:

U2 and Muse in the fall! holy shite! my head is gonna explode!

i have been kinda lacking in the muse news dept lately.. :reject:

Well, I *would* take that tour news with a pinch of salt :wink: Nothing is official yet.

Matt said some nice stuff about U2 in the past as well... he called them one of the best live acts today in an interview I've read.

just got the Wembley DVD. :drool:

I watched it for the first time in a few months yesterday :drool: I love that Muse can still win best live band, when they're not even touring :lol: Very exciting, hearing talk of this new album, I'm going to have to start saving for tours :uhoh: My bank balance is crying at the though haha, oh well.

Woefully late to the party here. I am a scavenger at used record shops, but I haven't seen any since last summer when I didn't care enough. I listen to a radio station here in Philly that plays the hell out of "Time is Running Out," "Knights of Cydonia," and "Starlight" and I'll be damned if I haven't enjoyed it. I just hate coming new to a band that has more than one or two albums because it means I will inevitably have to buy all of them. With that said, where should I start? I've thought about picking up HAARP and moving backwards as songs guide me, but that feels wrong.

Woefully late to the party here. I am a scavenger at used record shops, but I haven't seen any since last summer when I didn't care enough. I listen to a radio station here in Philly that plays the hell out of "Time is Running Out," "Knights of Cydonia," and "Starlight" and I'll be damned if I haven't enjoyed it. I just hate coming new to a band that has more than one or two albums because it means I will inevitably have to buy all of them. With that said, where should I start? I've thought about picking up HAARP and moving backwards as songs guide me, but that feels wrong.

I'd say either Absolution or Origin of Symmetry personally, but if you've been liking the recent tracks, get Black Holes.

I'd say wait on HAARP personally. If anything, I'd buy all 3 of the albums I mentioned before picking it up.

They're fantastic in concert, and the DVD is awesome, but listening to the live CD was ultra boring for me. :shrug:

At some point I just need to completely stop buying live DVDs, as I either watch them once and never again, or never even watch the entire thing. I've still never made it all the way through the Vertigo DVD, the Radiohead Bends era concert DVD, and the Muse DVDs (I have a couple). I've never even watched the Slane Elevation DVD, a Death Cab DVD I have, Low DVD, Mogwai bonus DVD, Pet Sounds DVD, Lonely Island DVD, and a couple other bonus "deluxe edition" DVDs. Pretty pointless that I even buy them.

They're fantastic in concert, and the DVD is awesome, but listening to the live CD was ultra boring for me. :shrug:

At some point I just need to completely stop buying live DVDs, as I either watch them once and never again, or never even watch the entire thing. I've still never made it all the way through the Vertigo DVD, the Radiohead Bends era concert DVD, and the Muse DVDs (I have a couple). I've never even watched the Slane Elevation DVD, a Death Cab DVD I have, Low DVD, Mogwai bonus DVD, Pet Sounds DVD, Lonely Island DVD, and a couple other bonus "deluxe edition" DVDs. Pretty pointless that I even buy them.

I agree. Live DVDs were only good when I used to smoke weed, lol.

Except for Sigur Ros, Radiohead & U2. I will always buy and watch those. And I'll get the damn Wilco thing when it comes out and watch it on my friend's ginormous plasma.

With that said, where should I start? I've thought about picking up HAARP and moving backwards as songs guide me, but that feels wrong.

I'd say Black Holes & Revelations and Absolution.

I gotta say that HAARP DVD is the only DVD in my collection that I can watch over and over from start to finish. Everything else I've got (including countless U2 DVDs) I can only watch in small doses before I get restless and fidgety. The only time I feel a bit impatient with HAARP is during Unintended, which is at least saved by the nice visuals.

Muse's new studio album could see them move away from their traditional rock sound to create a more "orchestral", classical offering.
I always had them down as orchestral/classical in nature anyway.

Frontman Matt Bellamy said: "There's some really brilliant songs coming out, some of our best material I think."
So Matt Bellamy is now doing Bono impersonations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom