Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just want to say I really fucking want to see a Yeezus show.

You should come to Adelaide, Cobbs. It does not suck. I mean, Lonely Planet guide 2014!!(![?])!

Also, two weeks and I'm done, hell yeah. Just assessments and getting things in order now. All the kids below my level are totally done, so it's junktime.

I'm just waiting for the obligatory 'Adelaide is dumb' post from Cobbs.

Adelaide is such a good city; Charlotte and I need to revisit. Problem is, we now have a million places to revisit. I am so sad about having to leave Wanaka this morning. I could have spent another week there easy.

Since I've been out of the loop for the last while, I don't suppose anybody could sort me out with copies of Ordinary Lovw and that alt Breathe?

Doooo itttt.

Totes shoulda. It was someone (it was Pearl) saying something like "Native Americans had more than just stone age civilisations!" and I know that she wasn't trying to be a dick since her whole point was that she wanted more Native history to be taught in schools, but ugh the way she said it was exactly the sort of imperialist progress-is-defined-by-big-buildings-and-shooty-weapons bullshit that not only has prevented widespread education of indigenous cultures, but is central to on-going racism today. And she just fucking walked into it.

Totes shoulda. It was someone (it was Pearl) saying something like "Native Americans had more than just stone age civilisations!" and I know that she wasn't trying to be a dick since her whole point was that she wanted more Native history to be taught in schools, but ugh the way she said it was exactly the sort of imperialist progress-is-defined-by-big-buildings-and-shooty-weapons bullshit that not only has prevented widespread education of indigenous cultures, but is central to on-going racism today. And she just fucking walked into it.

I was kinda trying to say along the lines of those same things, but I didn't have much to say.

I haven't read the thread but it was always going to be that particular poster wasn't it?

So, how was November for all you fine folks?

Got back from hols on Saturday night, my brain still doesn't know what time zone I'm in. And I was back at work yesterday and don't even get me started on what's going on there.

Yay Muse on Friday!

November was mostly a blob of disaster. I feel like I'm beginning to come out of it now, but who knows. I'll be done with my Master's in two weeks, though, so there's something.

Blur pulled out of the Big Day Out the other week. Three bands have been booked to replace them. Have a guess who one of the replacements is.

BEADY EYE.

Yep, I mean Oasis Lite.

Too funny.

I'm glad I didn't buy a ticket because I only wanted to see Blur (and to a lesser extent, Arcade Fire).

Sorry to hear that Ashley. :( Hope things are turning around, and congrats/good luck with the Masters!

Heard about Blur... is Beady Eye the other half of Oasis from ... forgotten the name. Something about dirty vultures? Anyway. Both Gallaghers have got solo projects? Or are they both the same one?

I've never been more than vaguely tempted to go to the Big Day Out... I don't think I'd enjoy festivals.

Went to the Old Bar tonight. Saw "Bat Piss" and "Bits of Shit". They both played heavy shredding punk music, which is totally not my thing, but I had a bit of mosh and it was fun. It would be a real, real shame if it closed down.

They've also got my favourite beer ever, 2 Brothers Kung Foo Rice Lager, so major props for that.

I hope you got there early enough to catch Deep Heat, who are really awesome.

Happy graduations and PhDs and stuffs to one and all.

Depositing over 3.5 years' worth of work is a really funny feeling. Nervous and excited and everything. Now the anxious months-long wait for the examiners to report on it!

Ax, did you see that Matthew Riley has a new book out? "The Tournament"...

I dread to think...

Still 3 years to go for me and I haven't decided if that's a good thing or not.

Yeah, I wish I'd had my epiphany about being myself and how I interacted with other people before uni instead of late 2011, when I already had a full-time job. I didn't embrace uni and I regret it.

I dread to think...

Dammit... I'll have to cancel the order I made for your Christmas present. :wink:

Yeah, I wish I'd had my epiphany about being myself and how I interacted with other people before uni instead of late 2011, when I already had a full-time job. I didn't embrace uni and I regret it.

I dunno if I embraced uni or not... I didn't go out drinking etc., but I spent a lot of time playing games until 4am and discovering other geeks (and that I was one myself, I suppose). I guess that counts. (I may or may not have learned some things about geology too.)

It looked broken to me...?

Edit: Wait, no, it works when I click on it.

That's the exact type of stuff I wish I did Ali. It was hard making good friends when you were only there five or six hours a week, if that (I did arts), but I wish I'd made more of an effort. A large part of the reason I didn't was because I was still caught up with my Werribee mates... Who considered joining clubs/societies etc "gay". And I look back now and realise I was too influenced by them. That camp I always talk about was a massive turning point for me and I'm so glad that I've grown as a person since.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom