Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I can't do it. Unless I'm missing something there's no multiquote option. If you tap a post, the four options that pop up are Quote, Share, Web View and Edit.

Tap one post and then a second one and the multi QUOTE button pops up.

Also, this thing notifies you when someone quotes you :drool:

Thanks! It didn't work that time, so it must be a little buggy, but it's still awesome when it works, like when Cobbler quoted me earlier . The new app sends you a notification when someone quotes you, kinda.

I loved my college, but I wasn't in a lot of groups and stuff. Well, Marching band...and the video crew for sporting events. But I went to a lot of on-campus events and stuff. Just didn't party a lot.

My course is enough of a university society itself. I had so much time with that and so little for anything else.

^ That was one major problem I had. I did Arts (dunno what you're doing Vlad) but the most contact hours I ever had was year one, first trimester, nine hours. It was hard to make good friends and have fun, because I was driving to Waurn Ponds from Werribee, about 45 mins, going to a class for an hour, maybe two, grab a quick lunch, another class at most, then drive home. As much as I'm thankful to Deakin for effectively getting me a great job, I'm also angry at Deakin for being really shit and me not being able to really get to know some people. I'd say it's 30% their fault and 70% mine.

I loved my college, but I wasn't in a lot of groups and stuff. Well, Marching band...and the video crew for sporting events. But I went to a lot of on-campus events and stuff. Just didn't party a lot.

See I never even did on-campus stuff, because I was still in a stage of being really influenced by friends, who always said shit like "that's pretty gay man". Literally the only uni thing I did in my three and a half years there was a pub crawl during orientation week.

...am I the only one here who embraced uni societies and all that? Maybe. *shrug*

Wish I had man, wish I had. I always read your FB posts and you seem like you're loving it, even if 99% of your posts go over my head/are too emo :wink:

^ That was one major problem I had. I did Arts (dunno what you're doing Vlad) but the most contact hours I ever had was year one, first trimester, nine hours. It was hard to make good friends and have fun, because I was driving to Waurn Ponds from Werribee, about 45 mins, going to a class for an hour, maybe two, grab a quick lunch, another class at most, then drive home. As much as I'm thankful to Deakin for effectively getting me a great job, I'm also angry at Deakin for being really shit and me not being able to really get to know some people. I'd say it's 30% their fault and 70% mine.

I often like to stay back outside of my contact hours to work on my projects (I'm doing an interior architecture course), often other people will be present doing the same thing (many of which I had already befriended) as well as others I hadn't communicated with before. I'm not exaggerating when I say uni fulfilled most of my desired 'social time.'

Ultimately, I think it depends on the nature of the course in regards to what I'm talking about, because here the main studio is seen as more than just a place to do some work.

Merry Christmas all!

The culture on US campuses sounds very different to here. I suppose part of that has got to do with it being normal to live on campus in the US, while here it's pretty unusual - I think only about 5% of students at my uni would live in a hall of residence, and I'm not sure some of the newer unis even have halls.

My course is enough of a university society itself. I had so much time with that and so little for anything else.

Yeah it seems some courses like architecture develop a greater sense of community, given the course offerings are more structured, the contact hours are longer, and you need to do more work on campus in the presence of other students. In History and PolSci, by contrast, I had between 9-12 contact hours a week maximum, with no requirement to attend lectures and the need to show up at only 50% of tutorials (since upped to 75%); in Honours I had only four contact hours a week! Pretty much all assignments could be written by raiding the library once or twice, using journal databases, and writing at home. I didn't really get to know anybody new as a result, and I was too lazy to join any of the societies.

^that sounds exactly like my course. The only classes that there was any community sort of feel in was my creative writing classes, they were great.

I actually don't have a lot of contact hours myself, last study period I only had 14 and only on 3 days a working week did I have to come in.

Watching Crackerjack. Awesome movie. Has there ever been a more niche movie? The sad thing is it's probably the best Australian sports film ever made. Imagine showing it to Americans.

Some idiot has started a petition to get Scott Morrison to deny Snoop Dogg a visa.

You'd think, maybe, I dunno, all the female asylum seekers who are living horrible lives thanks to Abbott and Morrison might be of greater concern, but no, let's ban a rapper who was here a year ago instead! Think of all the women who will be disrespected while he's here! It's an outrage!

Yep, Snoop Dogg's visa status is definitely the most important issue involving Scott Morrison. Priorities.

OK, so listening to the bottom 100 singles on RYM has been hilarious, but it just caused me to have my first encounter with Theory of a Deadman, a band I had already been informed was post-grunge's most awful representative, and I'm so aghast by how reprehensible "Hate My Life" is that I feel compelled to share my outrage. How the fuck does shit like this 1. get released, 2. reach a mass audience, and 3. appeal to a decent proportion of it?

https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Axver/rating57797818

So this is worse than both Creed and Nickleback?

Upon listening it's probably even worse. The singer is the most stereotypical post grunge looking guy I definitely think this is much worse. This is wealthy white guy complains about people who are not him type stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom