Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. I wanna write an "in defence of Kanye West" post for my blog, which I haven't used in ages. defending his recent interviews/rants etc. but I kinda feel like it could be seen as inappropriate for a white Australia to write about how a rich famous black American is frustrated with the design industry. what do you guys think? I just really like the dude and wanna write about it. idk. I'd ask in RMT but I'll either be ignored or lampooned.

2. my submission to my latest favourite tumblr was posted!! melbournecomedy | WHEN A NEW SEASON OF THE SHELF IS ANNOUNCED

Congrabulations! You should write about Kanye, and not feel bad about it.

Is Okkyville likely to sell out? I'm not gonna have any money that won't be spent on art things/setting up an exhibiton for about a month or so.

I Will Return

You know what would make me laugh so hard? If, on their next Aussie tour, the Manics are supported by San Cisco.

If Nicky knew about them he would hate their guts, I mean, given his distaste for Keane and Coldplay, you'd think his opinion of San Cisco would reach a whole new level of low. :lol:

Which of you guys are going to the Okkervil River show in Melbs next year? They're not coming here, which is bullshit, so I'm thinking of heading to that neck of the woods.

I was thinking about that, although I think I only know one of their songs (thanks to DI). I might have to see if I have more of their stuff when I get home.

Would be great to see you again!

Surprised you had such trouble getting into them, I think all their albums are pretty accessible and consistent. Good to have you on board, though.

I can't confirm when I will get those fat stacks, so you don't need to buy me a ticket, thanks for the offer, though!

Which song of theirs have you heard, Alison?

I think I heard I Am Very Far first, and found it impenetrable. I've had The Stage Names for a while, but only love about half of it. This new one I like start to finish.

Cool cool. I think you should check out The Stand Ins next. That was my first Okk album, and On Tour With Zykos is probably still my favourite song of theirs. Black Sheep Boy is great too. They have a ridiculously solid library of albums, though there isn't any single one that really stands head and shoulders above the rest, which would be frustrating if I wished to decide a favourite.

The Stand Ins is my least favorite of their, Black Sheep Boy is where I'd turn next, personally.

Honestly, though, I don't know if there is any single band that I loved SO much and then turned on as suddenly as I did THE OKK!

If you were to graph the progression of my love of Okkervil River over time, it would look something like this:

trans.jsp

Quick question - saw King Kong on Saturday and I have to ask - what the fuck did I just watch? Anyone else seen it yet? It was seriously a cross between Peter Jackson's film, a mid 90's Pet Shop Boys video clip and a French And Saunders parody of what a musical should be... :drool::ohmy::down:

The Stand Ins is my least favorite of their, Black Sheep Boy is where I'd turn next, personally.

Honestly, though, I don't know if there is any single band that I loved SO much and then turned on as suddenly as I did THE OKK!

If you were to graph the progression of my love of Okkervil River over time, it would look something like this:

Oops:

chartgo_zps26e4cb6a.png

Woah woah Neil Finn tour of Australia in March next year!

Who's in for Hamer Hall on 12/03/14?

I must confess that I couldn't care less about the contents of that product, but I like the cover.

OLINOAOMOSAOMMBM is a tough act to follow, Ashley, I'll give you that. Still love the Okk though. Love that Okk.

I must confess that I couldn't care less about the contents of that product, but I like the cover.

OLINOAOMOSAOMMBM is a tough act to follow, Ashley, I'll give you that. Still love the Okk though. Love that Okk.

I should probably have added a point on that graph involving the first time I saw videos of Okkervil River live. That put me off of them real fast as well.

All that being said, I really enjoyed the new album, especially the lead single. I don't begrudge anyone liking them, I'm still reeling on my end, honestly, over how quickly the romance died.

'Shley
In her back garden
With her Walkman
Tucked inside her forearms
And she's waiting
Waiting for Silver Gymnasium
In the summer of 2011
The summer Okkervil River broke her heart

Mad deep

Quick question - saw King Kong on Saturday and I have to ask - what the fuck did I just watch? Anyone else seen it yet? It was seriously a cross between Peter Jackson's film, a mid 90's Pet Shop Boys video clip and a French And Saunders parody of what a musical should be... :drool::ohmy::down:

Wow, that sounds amazing. So is it just a musical theatre thing but with a big monkey suit guy? Is that what it is? Is this something I definitely want to see?

Wait wait, Paul McGuinne$$ is no longer U2's manager?

Why has there not been a huge party on the forum yet?

I think there was a party or it was just in my own head I don't actually know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom