More Things I Hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was at my brothers football game once. and i thought i heard someone say "that's it". i thought they meant, time's up, but apparently she was just mumbling offhand. so i pressed the siren like 10, 15 seconds early. they were only up by two points my brothers team (for those who don't know, in this football you can score six points with one kick) and the other teams officials went off their nut. so i ran out the back door and ran all the way home :lol:

That made my evening.

so it does, i hadn't paid enough attention to the dialer...i usually just dial.

meanwhile, who the fuck gives out their number as letters? i can sort of handle businesses doing it, but ordinary people? gtfo!
mostly businesses. didn't you read that 2 degrees was auctioning off their "prime" mobile numbers, like 022-plumber or 022-dentist? :tsk:

in the u.s. they get used a lot. the two i remember the most are 1-800-call-att and 1-800-collect which were both for placing collect calls! :lol:

mostly businesses. didn't you read that 2 degrees was auctioning off their "prime" mobile numbers, like 022-plumber or 022-dentist? :tsk:

in the u.s. they get used a lot. the two i remember the most are 1-800-call-att and 1-800-collect which were both for placing collect calls! :lol:

i did, yes.

and also, i know. i don't care for it either. a lot of advertisers can't stand it either!

i did, yes.

and also, i know. i don't care for it either. a lot of advertisers can't stand it either!
yeah, so i missed your "i can sort of handle businesses doing it" line. :grumpy:

it's annoying. sure, it's easy to remember the number, but since most people have cell phones now and with more and more people getting ones with more advanced keyboards, your average person isn't going to know what 1-800-freesex corresponds to on their keypad.

yeah, so i missed your "i can sort of handle businesses doing it" line. :grumpy:

it's annoying. sure, it's easy to remember the number, but since most people have cell phones now and with more and more people getting ones with more advanced keyboards, your average person isn't going to know what 1-800-freesex corresponds to on their keypad.

yeah, it's usually radio shows and other businesses doing it. i miss out on all the contests :depressed:

people who fill a sink up with hot sudsy water

put all the dishes in said hot sudsy water (one would imagine with the intent to wash up)

and LEAVE THE DISHES IN THE WATER all night, the water goes cold and there are floaty bits everywhere :yuck: :madwife: :grumpy:

Haha! You must live in a student house! Well, at least they put the dishes in the water instead of scattering them around the kitchen! :D

A number and a few variations of it keeps calling me damn everyday.
When I answer, it's an automated message that tells me to call this number, so I hang up. A few times the message has gone to my voicemail.

When I call them to tell them to stop calling me, no one frigging answers. I get about 5 or 6 missed calls from them when I'm at work!!

:scream:

:ohmy: Umm, how much debt do you have, exactly?? And to who??

Is the number it asks you to call back a higher flagfall, wayne? My first thought was it was a scam where companies leave messages for you to call on a number which charges at a much higher rate, and that is actually their business. There's no point to it, but to make them unethical cash.

I never call any company back. If they want to chat they can keep ringing me back - especially on a mobile! I'm a proud tight-arse wise consumer.

1250270182_eve_giggle.gif

having to go to bed at 630 because i have a killer headache

(and i LOVE the eve .gif)

-dan

Is the number it asks you to call back a higher flagfall, wayne? My first thought was it was a scam where companies leave messages for you to call on a number which charges at a much higher rate, and that is actually their business. There's no point to it, but to make them unethical cash.

I never call any company back. If they want to chat they can keep ringing me back - especially on a mobile! I'm a proud tight-arse wise consumer.

Same thought here. Ever tried to Google the number Wayne?

Bridezillas. Especially the ones who go on about their wedding as if there's no groom involved. A wedding is actually about two people, not just about you, Miss Bridezilla. I don't get the garbage some of them spew out. I hope if I was marrying someone and told him he was wearing pink and had to agree to having a cake that looked like a Cinderella castle he'd be man enough tell me to wise up.

Oh, and the ones who go on about the proposal and how much of an ass their fiance is for not doing something OUT OF THIS WORLD. Isn't it good enough someone wants to marry you? Not according to the Bridezillas. If he doesn't put any effort in to make the proposal some magical, spectacular show then he's a prat who won't put any effort into a marriage. Poor blokes.

I hate that that really winds me up so much. No offence to anyone who had a Cinderella-themed wedding, by the way. :reject:

Bridezillas. Especially the ones who go on about their wedding as if there's no groom involved. A wedding is actually about two people, not just about you, Miss Bridezilla. I don't get the garbage some of them spew out. I hope if I was marrying someone and told him he was wearing pink and had to agree to having a cake that looked like a Cinderella castle he'd be man enough tell me to wise up.

Oh, and the ones who go on about the proposal and how much of an ass their fiance is for not doing something OUT OF THIS WORLD. Isn't it good enough someone wants to marry you? Not according to the Bridezillas. If he doesn't put any effort in to make the proposal some magical, spectacular show then he's a prat who won't put any effort into a marriage. Poor blokes.

I hate that that really winds me up so much. No offence to anyone who had a Cinderella-themed wedding, by the way. :reject:

:up:

Marriage is overrated anyways :wink:

Bridezillas.

My opinion, any man who proposes by JumboTron, sky-writer or GorillaGram et cetera is to be mocked. A proposal is between those involved not shared with 25,000 of your closest friends.

which is why I also hate Facebook and Twit-ter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom