Monterrey Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
victor_f said:

No Vertigo for Rio.

But some say that they [U2] will watch Rolling Stones concert at Copacabana Beach in Rio on Feb. 18th.

Some rumors are suggesting Bono will join the Stones onstage.

I leave Los Angeles for Sao Paulo on friday and will go to Rio for the Stones, then see the 2 U2 shows in Sao Paulo. I really hope Bono does go onstage with them.

Reportedly Bono was intending to join the Stones for Paint It Black at the Hollywood Bowl on November 6th, at the show that The Edge and Paul MacGuinness attended. According to people who saw the printed setlist, the song was listed on it, but was never played that night. Supposedly Bono's voice was not ready for it after 2 nights in Las Vegas.

From a source of mine, I have heard that U2 has chartered a Varig flight to take them from Mexico City on the 17th to Sao Paulo, arriving around 9am on the 18th. This leaves enough time for them to fly onto Rio, but I have not heard anything about that.

This Stones Rio show is going to be made into a dvd and on all their recent concerts dvds, they always have special guests on stage with them. It would make sense that Bono would join them.

Happy birthday ruffian and patti!! My first reaction was to ask you all how old you were, then I realized it'd be rude

:reject: I just turned 18 a few weeks ago, it's hard being an adult and remembering people don't like getting old! :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
wasn't he rocking at the Five and Dime

in the summer of '69 ? :wink:

do they even have Five and Dimes in Canada?
i'll never forget quite possibly the funniest misheard lyric ever "i got my first real sex change, bought it at the five and dime..." :lmao:

:wave: night lmp!

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'll never forget quite possibly the funniest misheard lyric ever "i got my first real sex change, bought it at the five and dime..." :lmao:

LMAO! Nice lyrics. Summer of '69 is my fave Bryan Adams song. I taped it when it first came out on the radio and listened to it on my walkman all the tape.

Ahhh, the good old days.

Lila64 said:
Bono%20en%20concierto.jpg

Is that a picture from tonight?

Hello there, Mr. B!

:wave:

Looking good.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lmao:

And you know, I used to think you were saying 'imp' when you said LMP without capitals, but I just read it then as 'limp'. :huh:

I have many windows open, so I am probably missing some of this thread. Ruffian - when are you in L.A. and what will you be doing here?

Bono%20en%20concierto2.jpg

Axver said:

Oh man, I know the perfectionist thing very well. It seems everyone who reads my writing thinks it's great, whether it's prose or poetry, but I think it ranges between average and absolute junk. But I think it's good to expect a lot from yourself, because it keeps you pushing to reach greater heights.

I'd love to hear some of your stuff. :) What do you play?

As they say, we're our own worst critics... :wink:

I play bass guitar and sing backvocals (lead on some songs). I'm going through some recordings right now, to see if I can't find something decent enough... :hmm:

I'm bored so i'm going to post you my 10 favourite chuck norris facts ... (in no particular order)

10. Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live

9. Biologically, Chuck Norris is his own step-father

8. Chuck Norris can cut onions without crying

7. Chuck Norris owns the greatest poker face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 world series of poker despite him holding just a joker, a get out of jail free monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green number 4 card from the game Uno.

6. One time while sparring with Wolverine, Chuck Norris accidentally lost his left testicle. You might be familiar with it to this very day by its technical term: Jupiter.

5. Chuck Norris does not use spell check. If he happens to misspell a word, he simply changes the actual spelling of it

4. Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month

3. Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

2. Chuck Norris recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull

1. Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing

amerrydeath said:
Happy birthday ruffian and patti!! My first reaction was to ask you all how old you were, then I realized it'd be rude

:reject: I just turned 18 a few weeks ago, it's hard being an adult and remembering people don't like getting old! :wink:

It’s no secret it’s on the front page of the forum :hug:

MarcusOneTree said:

As they say, we're our own worst critics... :wink:

I play bass guitar and sing backvocals (lead on some songs). I'm going through some recordings right now, to see if I can't find something decent enough... :hmm:

Ah, cool! You should write a song where you play the melody of One Tree Hill backwards on a xylophone, for laughs. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom