Moment Of Surrender - Single Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think your version works pretty well. The song definatly single worthy and but radio will never play a seven minute song. And lets face it, other then the first single, these guys never release an album version of a song as a single.

Thanks. Sounds great. I really do think this song needs to be the next single. It is the best song on the album and can push this album a very long way. A second failed single and the album will suffer I feel.

Although I would hate to see them cut this song down for a single mix, you did a really good job with it!

Thanks for sharing! :)

I think you did a really good job. I retitled it the "Duarte edit" so you get credit as it wanders the interwebs. That said, I don't ever want to hear it again. One of the best things about MOS is how open and unhurried it is. It's expansive and wide. 4:30 ruins this feeling for me. You DID do a good job, but all the same, I now see that there shouldn't be an edit. If MOS is to be a single, it has to be a 7:30 single!!! :O

You did a good job - editing tracks like that is not as easy it sounds.

But I don't think a track like this should ever be edited. It needs the space and room to breathe that 7 minutes gives it. I would hope U2 would be like Freddy Mercury back in the day...when Bohemian Rhapsody was new, radio wanted to to edit it themselves and play a shorter version, and Mercury was adamant that they would either play the whole album cut or they wouldn't play it at all. He won out in the end, and the whole album cut is now one rock's legendary tracks. I would hope U2 would have that kind of conviction for a track like this.

Yeah...

I've only just had my very first listen 20 minutes ago, but I have to say that I was somewhat underwhelmed by MOS. :reject: It's a great song, but I was blown away by NLOTH, Magnificent, and Fez. :shifty:k

EDIT-----okay, this puppy's growing on me on further listens. :D

Oh, you have no idea. :)

You did a good job - editing tracks like that is not as easy it sounds.

But I don't think a track like this should ever be edited. It needs the space and room to breathe that 7 minutes gives it. I would hope U2 would be like Freddy Mercury back in the day...when Bohemian Rhapsody was new, radio wanted to to edit it themselves and play a shorter version, and Mercury was adamant that they would either play the whole album cut or they wouldn't play it at all. He won out in the end, and the whole album cut is now one rock's legendary tracks. I would hope U2 would have that kind of conviction for a track like this.

Well said... but one thing:
Actually, MoS is a song that allow some kind of editing and it would still sound amazing. Bohemian is such a complex song with so many sections that the smallest edit would kill the song.

oddly enough when people listen to the mix at first they have a tough time determining what it is that they didn't hear, which i think is a good sign, i just really want this song to be a single, i can just picture the band playing it at next year's Grammys.

Not a song that should be edited. I don't even think it should be a single. Do you believe that the Pepsi generation has the patience to listen to a 7 minute track?

Back
Top Bottom