Mobile friendly Interference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I could do it myself I would have done it eons ago. That's why I told the people interested that they should email Andy directly. My bugging him alone obviously is not doing the trick.

i've sent an email. it'd be really nice, but i guess we can go about sticking ads everywhere and making all sorts of mods that make the forums die randomly, but we can't produce a mobile friendly version.

Now that I've got my iPhone and I'm slowly getting out of my U2 funk, I'm bumping this thread!! :D

Bump once again. :grumpy:

Nearly 100% of my internet time is on my phone now. The result? I've been on Interference about 5 times in the last 6 months. I wouldn't doubt it if it's the same for some other members. It's simply too hard and painful to interface with this place on a phone.

Andy, if it can't be done to please us members, then at least do it to please the site's pocketbook----I've seriously considered canceling my subscription due to this situation. If it's too hard to access it the way I want, then why pay for it??

Andy mentioned to me the other day that an Interference app is in the works for iphone.

While a mobile friendly version would be nice, I dont have any problems using Interference on my iphone via the web browser. :shrug:

Woohoo! Glad to hear that!

Interference works well on the iPhone, in hat there aren't any bugs or anything. It's just that it's cumbersome.....SO much teeny text that needs to be zoomed, then major unzooming after you post because it automatically zooms in so much. I dunno.....it's just a lot of work. :reject:

Yeah, mainly because the reality is that I get so unenthused about all of the extra work that goes in that I rarely ever come on using the phone. And since I'm on the phone all the time, our computer's rarely on.....ultimately killing any interference time altogether. Because of that and because we've been looking at out budget in general, it's definitely crossed my mind. Clearly I haven't done it, and probably won't because I love this place....but if I were to spend many more months coming on once every one or two months, it'd be a consideration again.

I would go crazy if I spent all of my online time on my phone personally. It's good to have but its just not practical in general compared to a real computer.

It's definitely frustrating for a lot of sites, and I miss out on all the flash stuff. But in general, it was actually a plus getting the phone, as we don't have computers at work. THAT drove me crazy!

I don't have an iPhone or an android (which just makes me think of Cmdr. Data), but I do like to hop on interference from my phone from time to time when I'm not at home. I'll just have to live with it being a pain in the bum, I suppose.

Good to hear the news that a mobile version is in the works. Although visiting the blue crack with my Droid X isn't as bad as it was with my old Blackberry.

Thanks Sicy for the update!

Hey Sicy, this is great news.

Before getting my iPhones I'd spend a couple of hours on my desktop, with this place running as a separate tab. I'd be here on a daily basis.

Now my desktop mainly gathers dust as I can do most of the stuff I need to do through my phone. Yes, I 'could' use this site via mobile but it's just too cumbersome so I'm really glad an app is being worked on. So now I'm hardly ever at a device that I can easily connect with this place. For that reason alone I chose not to renew my membership this year.

When the app comes out I'll take a look to see if it's user friendly. If it is then I'll be renewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom