MLB 2014-15: It's Time for the HOT STOVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta give props to the Blue Jays for sweeping the Yanks this weekend at The Stadium. Looks like they got themselves some pitching to go with those bats. Damn it.

This is one of the most disappointing seasons of sports I've ever experienced. Even more so than the 2013 RGKnee hangover Redskins team that Mike Shanahan personally euthanized.

Bottom of the 9th.

Down by 2.

Runners on first and second.

No outs.

Bryce Harper, Ryan Zimmerman and Jayson Werth on deck.

There's a pitcher on the mound with barely any closing experience at the professional level.

Nothing to show for it. Another series loss to a terrible team. Time to go west and take on the Dodgers and Giants. I'm sure that'll go well.

Meanwhile, the Mets have been something else. The back end of their rotation let them down the past couple of games, but they'll be fine.

Last edited:
Well...that's one way to finish a series.

I guess I want the Cardinals to win tonight? No...I can't say that. Never.

I'm strongly considering jumping the hell off this bandwagon and rooting against the Jays at this point. I was happy to see the team start to really do well, and it was exciting for a little bit. The fan base was tolerably excited for about a week after the trade deadline, but now it's getting out of hand and totally insufferable. Yes, the city has a good team, enjoy it. Half the city seems to be already engraving the Commissioner's Trophy already though - you haven't come close to the playoffs in 22 years, how about start with that eh?

Ugh. Hopefully they lose a few real soon to bring smug factor down a bit, you can't walk a block down King St without hearing someone say that they've got it in the bag already. :|

I'm strongly considering jumping the hell off this bandwagon and rooting against the Jays at this point. I was happy to see the team start to really do well, and it was exciting for a little bit. The fan base was tolerably excited for about a week after the trade deadline, but now it's getting out of hand and totally insufferable. Yes, the city has a good team, enjoy it. Half the city seems to be already engraving the Commissioner's Trophy already though - you haven't come close to the playoffs in 22 years, how about start with that eh?

Ugh. Hopefully they lose a few real soon to bring smug factor down a bit, you can't walk a block down King St without hearing someone say that they've got it in the bag already. :|

As a fan of a team with an incredible gift for being the best team in baseball until the playoffs, only to collapse immediately once the games count, I co-sign the thought process behind this post.

Fuck Toronto and fuck Joe Carter.

It's funny (and sad), but the thing that really fucked the Jays was the '94 strike. They were a model franchise until that moment. Then when things finally went back to "normal" in '96, those pesky Canadian fans were slow to return to the ballpark. Until this season, the Jays have been chasing their tails ever since.

The '94 strike fucked that other team in Canada even worse. They finally assembled all of the necessary talent needed to make a run at (gasp) a World Series berth. When play resumed, the team and the entire organization died a slow painful death. The Nats fans have to be wary because that Montreal Expo mojo still lingers deep down in the heart of their team. Can they finally excise it? Only time will tell. Will the Mets have their usual September collapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom