MLB 2014-15: It's Time for the HOT STOVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
george-michael-collapse-o.gif

Dave Dumbrowski strikes again. Dumbrowski and Ausmus need to be canned. This is what happens when you build the franchise the wrong way.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I am equal parts excited and terrified by all of this.

1 LF Ben Revere
2 3B Josh Donaldson
3 RF Jose Bautista
4 SS Troy Tulowitski
5 DH Edwin Encarnacion
6 C Russel Martin
7 1B Justin Smoak / Chris Collabello
8 CF Kevin Pillar
9 2B Ryan Goins / Devon Travis

goddamn
Ben's incredibly fast and gets a lot of singles. As long as you don't expect him to do anything else, he'll be a nice piece.

I want to say "hey, cool, the Nats/Mets race for the top spot will finally get interesting."

But no, it's been interesting the whole way. The worst offensive team in the NL, a team that's been nipping at our heels for months, just added 6 WAR to their offense. So at our current, massively disappointing pace, I really don't like our chances. And because the Pirates and Giants are real teams, winning the worst division in baseball is our only hope.

The trade was pretty fair. They definitely didn't get him for scraps. Fulmer will be extremely good.

And Cespedes enjoys playing in Detroit, so there is a good chance of him coming back to the Tigers in the offseason. If he does, that'd make for a very successful trade deadline for Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You didn't give up anything really and improved two roster spots.

After hearing more about the crazy in San Diego, I'm happier. When it seemed like a realistic trade for two big pitchers was actually on the table and we didn't take it, I was more disappointed. At least we shored up pitching a touch.

So, MLB TV is $49.99 for the remainder of the year with 35% off with a student ID? $32 to watch my team, on my team's feed for the most exciting part of the year? No brainer.

Harper hits two home runs in one game, then goes 0-5 and gets ejected the next. He's a fucking doofus.

We really aren't good though. I don't think it makes me a bad fan for noticing that we've been playing at or below .500 ball for all but a great run from late May through June. The rest of the season has been mediocre-bad. This isn't a playoff team by any stretch. I'm just setting reasonable expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom