MLB 2008: The Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Maddon looks like Buddy Holly, right about the time when he realized something was wrong with the plane.

maddon.jpg

This is good news for Phillies fans, no? Boston is going to have just enough juice to eliminate these guys, and then Beckett and maybe even Papelbon are going to cave on the WS.

This is good news for Phillies fans, no? Boston is going to have just enough juice to eliminate these guys, and then Beckett and maybe even Papelbon are going to cave on the WS.

There's two ways to look at it, and everyone chooses the way that suits them best:

1) The Phillies rest up, while the other two teams keep playing, tiring out their pitching staffs, etc.

2) The Sox/Rays stay sharp, while the long layoff makes the Phillies rusty and robs them of any momentum.

Who the fuck knows what this going 7 games will really mean.

Papelbon is, what, another one or two post-season series away from being mentioned in the same sentence or at least paragraph with Rivera when you talk about best all-time relievers in the post-season...he's yet to give up a run, let alone blow a save....he's just not done it for as many years as Mo. Yet. I hate him.

Boy I wish I'd spent last night here, can't believe I missed the intense chat about banging Varitek, Youk's beard and umps in CF.

Turning out to be some series.

Here comes Boston. Like a pack of ravenous wolves. Crushing the dreams of Dick Vitale and the dozens of other Devil Ray fans. History repeating itself.

There's somethin bout the way the street looks when it's just rained...

There's two ways to look at it, and everyone chooses the way that suits them best:

1) The Phillies rest up, while the other two teams keep playing, tiring out their pitching staffs, etc.

2) The Sox/Rays stay sharp, while the long layoff makes the Phillies rusty and robs them of any momentum.

Who the fuck knows what this going 7 games will really mean.

Papelbon is, what, another one or two post-season series away from being mentioned in the same sentence or at least paragraph with Rivera when you talk about best all-time relievers in the post-season...he's yet to give up a run, let alone blow a save....he's just not done it for as many years as Mo. Yet. I hate him.

The first game will be the indicator, methinks. I fear that the second is the case, but neither would surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom