MLB '08, Part Dos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People, for whatever this is worth to any of you, I just found out that I will be going to the All-Star game next week. I've never been to one, so that's exciting....and having it at Yankee Stadium makes it very special for me. I am about as excited and happy as I can be. So happy that I'll let CTU2 fan's post go and not reply! :)

I'm fucking psyched.

NSW FTW!

Still true, just as when I said it. Anyone with an average over .200 with runners in scoring position would equate to probably 10 more wins for us this year. But no matter, you'll still make sarcastic bullshit replies and I'll still support my hometown team.

pssst... the quote button is at the bottom of the post, not the top. :hi5: good job slugger.

Last edited:
With one new pitcher pitching every five days?

Were they only one pitcher away from first place?

Cause, you know....Sanatana has really helped the Mets this year! :hmm:

yes, well... when your team averages a run per game for you when you start that tends to be a bit of an issue.

sabathia will help the brewers... and if sheets can stay healthy the entire year they might just be the best team in the NL Central. but that's a big if.

People, for whatever this is worth to any of you, I just found out that I will be going to the All-Star game next week. I've never been to one, so that's exciting....and having it at Yankee Stadium makes it very special for me. I am about as excited and happy as I can be. So happy that I'll let CTU2 fan's post go and not reply! :)

I'm fucking psyched.

Congrats, NSW! Enjoy the game and hopefully the AL wins again!

i hate the phillies and all but you can't help to love chase utley. everyone knows about the hitting... but he just made a play that will never go in the box score, but it saved a run from scoring, at least temporarily. endy chavez lays down a great bunt down the third base line... feliz fields it, throws off line to howard at first... utley is standing right there on the line to back him up... such an easy play but one that most 2nd baseman probably over look.

they did their best to give it back, but the muts held on 10-9.

just like that, the mets take 3 of 4 in philly, are back over .500, sit just 2.5 out of first, and order is almost restored in the NL East.

in all seriousness... i'm sold that if i worked on my lefty slider for about, eh, a month, that i could strike out ryan howard.

you could put a pitching machine out on the mound that throws nothing but lefty sliders, and he knew full well that the lefty slider was coming, and he'd still strike out.

Yeah. He's a good pitcher, but he's been on the DL 6 times in 6 years. He's already been on it for a month this year. Yikes.

I wonder how long it will be until he is throwing simulated games for the Cubs? I hope Rothschild still has his towel handy.

You guys are all twisted :)

I like the Harden move a lot but geez the risk...not so much because of Gallagher and the other pieces they gave up, but with Harden as their #2 starter, Wood as their closer, and former closer Dempster as their #3 and a risk to hit the wall throwing so many more innings this year the Cubs are basically playing Russian roulette with their season except with 3 bullets instead of 1. There'd better be rabbits' feet, 4 leaf clovers, and horseshoes all over Lou's office from now 'til October.

I'm fucking psyched.

That's so awesome! I was at an NHL all star game once and as cool as that was this will be 10x better. How are your tickets? Any good?

After several weeks of polite behavior, Manny Ramirez is back to being a baaaaaaaaaaaad man.

I am watching the replay of the Twins/Red Sox game now. It isn't looking so bad for the Twins right now (top of the seventh)...but I know what is coming. :yikes:

Too bad Gardenhire got tossed disputing the (completely correct) overturned trap/catch by Span and wasn't around to get tossed disputing the (completely ludicrous) blown infield fly call on Lugo.

Manny has looked good the past few days. The results obviously, but he seems to be keeping his head in and driving the ball to the right, always a good sign with him. For awhile his head was flying out and he was pulling off worse than I'd ever seen him.

CarlosZambrano.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

So the league leader in HR and RBI doesn't make the AS team...only in the NL.

So...how 'bout those Mets?

So the league leader in HR and RBI doesn't make the AS team...only in the NL.

So...how 'bout those Mets?

He's also the league leader in strikeouts, and couldn't field a beach ball.

Chutley deserved it a lot more, and Burrell should be in too. I don't have a problem with Howard sitting out. Lance Berkman's stats certainly are comparable in HRs and RBI, and Berk's got the better average.

:shrug:

Oh, Fuck The Mets, too.

How bad is Howard defensively? I knew he wasn't a good fielder but there's a lot of gray area between "below average" and "close your eyes if the ball's hit to him".

He's mediocre on his best days. He's not cripplingly bad, but he's slow as all hell. I've seen him make a few game-changing errors on base before, but it's not a daily occurrence. Below "below average".

Ah OK. Bad enough that he ought to be DHing someplace then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom