MLB '08, Part Dos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who needs the short porch in right when you can hit it 500' to dead center.

State Farm has to be glad that Hamilton tired at the end, otherwise they might be going bankrupt.

This is the first time I've seen Hamilton in action. What a beast.

I watched him last year when he came up with the Reds and was fairly impressed. I was a little concerned when they traded him, until I saw Volquez pitch in the preseason. What a trade. :up:

Every time I turn on the Reds post-game, you hear a Reds fan questioning why the Reds traded Hamilton instead of Adam Dunn (as if the Rangers would give up a pitching prospect like Volquez for Adam Dunn).

Win, lose, whatever, Hamilton's first round was insanity. People just do not hit the ball that fucking far.

I hope that dude stays clean and that his story and success continue.

Since my team sucks so hard, I totally forgot it's the All-Star break now, and didn't realize what was going on tonight.

But I just saw the highlights on SportsCenter and just have to say: WOW. That's really awesome.

And once again, the person who deserves to win doesn't.

Just make the damn thing cumulative.
If it were cumulative, there'd have been zero suspense for the 2nd round and finals, but as you say the most deserving guy didn't win..so how about no 2nd and 3rd round, just one round, add a couple more guys or give them 15 outs and just let them rack up whatever numbers they can.

Imagine if Hamilton had 15 outs to work with in round 1.

I love the classless New York fans booing/chanting over-rated, etc. at Paplebon after reading nothing more than a HEADLINE in the either the NY Post or NY Daily news.

ASS CLOWNS!

It is too bad that a classy event has to be ruined by classless fans.

Has Bud Selig's head exploded yet?

Having the ASG decide home-field advantage in the World Series isn't a terrible idea, but there has to be a contingency plan in place if the game goes into extra-extra innings. Even if it's to settle the game by flipping a coin, playing rock-paper-scissors or Home Run Derby.

No kidding. Wasn't there a big kerfuffle in 2002 when it ended with a tie?

Let's wrap this thing up, fellas.

i dislike the yankees and all... but even as a mets fan it's impossible for me to dislike derek jeter, and tonight just proved it even more. normaly when stars get taken out of the all star game you never see them again. they go in, change, and leave. but there was derek jeter... taken out of the game in the middle innings, still there on the first step when the game is finally decided. you can't help but love that, no matter who you root for.

also... great job by francona, understanding the moment, pulling yankees mid inning so they can get standing ovations on TV, and also bringing in mariano rivera mid inning so that he can get a standing ovation on TV.

great stuff... even i was a little misty when they brought king george the third out on the golf cart. a little over dramatic? yes... but, eh, who gives a shit.

i also fully enjoyed the fact that the fragile brad lidge blew the game in such a big spot.

I could have done with Bud Selig calling the game after Scott Kazmir's left arm flew off, but whatever.

Next time, the AL manager should probably consider leaving Roy Halladay in the bullpen and letting him pitch the 10th through 24th innings.

Lucky Bastard. Shame you didn't bring any luck to the NL :wink: unless you're an AL'er in which case..........I begrudgingly congratulate you.

Nsw is a Yankee fan, so he was happy with the AL win...until October when he realizes it gives the Red Sox home field in the World Series.:wink:

Hope you had a good time, NSW.

Lidge didn't look great (he wasn't getting break on his slider), but that throw from the right fielder at the end of the game was pathetic.

Nsw is a Yankee fan, so he was happy with the AL win...until October when he realizes it gives the Red Sox home field in the World Series.:wink:

Wait, so this time it counts?

:)

Yes, it was so very difficult to root for JD Drew, but, for one glorious night, we were all enemies under one flag, so, whatever, go AL.

Ashley, how many times do you think I'll mention being a Yankee fan to you before it sort of settles in your head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom