Misconceptions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brettig said:

The Edge was a mute.

------------------
auzzy Fan

:D ... hehe, in the Simpsons Larry was the mute one...

About Sunday Bloody Sunday, a lot of people think that, and some say that song is about the IRA... :|

I was 9 when the ZOOTV tour started.. and I was afraid of Mr. Macphisto :lmao:

And when I was 13, I though that Bono was single :reject:

brettig said:
Ah, but what were your misconceptions eh Sweetest? :p

that Bono was Bow-no.

And for quite a while I assumed there were 5 members. You read about Dick Evans being IN the band, but rarely when he left....

and actually, like Diemen, there was a brief shining moment when I thought they were a German band :scratch: Yeesh, I've learned a lot.

When I first started showing interest in the band, I would read articles about them, and they would talk about Bono and the Edge. Now I didn't know the rest of the band members names yet, so I had no idea what they were talking about with "The Edge". I actually thought that The Edge meant the rest of the band, and then I wondered why are they called U2, why not Bono and The Edge, and silly stuff like that. And when I found out that The Edge meant the guitarist, I was like "O...kay, thats a weird name."

:laugh:

Last edited:
Until I actually bought the UF album, I thought the song "Bad" was titled "Let It Go."

I just thought of a much, much worse one - before I saw the movie "Rattle and Hum," I thought Bono sang "Van Dieman's Land." I couldn't figure out why his voice sounded so different on that song! :laugh:

Achtung Bubba said:

Could be worse... if you started really listening to rock music around '93 (like I did), and "Numb" was the first video that you saw and REALLY recognized as U2, you just might have thought Mr. The Edge was the lead vocalist.

Not that I did that or anything.

smile.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

one of the first u2 songs i was really familiar with was numb and i was confused as hell cos i knew the singles off the joshua tree and that was about it at that point. i was copying zooropa and i had headphnones p;lugged in, which werren't on my head, and somehow i kept picking them up during numb.

Back
Top Bottom