Miscellaneous Picture Mix #41

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OgAAAK3PacG-o_t89IOxPpEN4XNveA8rueydWSFTbwfjbWBOtnY68ehi33qhdxwfNVyxfZCIp2AB0M6XjCNncs_7lKcAm1T1UOhGfwOUSsISnpkA3O3rsilxTQpy.jpg

OgAAAHHEWE8nIBf00x8wqQbWQE_gqAlale2ciOQRJaij4_0NsjgPtyKNxhPO5gIUNLOkMNi4FWDzIp7uEXGyovVsj-kAm1T1UFI8W39LYN7uKjqKbmfo39hsrJxm.jpg

OgAAAGm5MAhk1PVPR7nffqQoF5ktTxku6SUtSpQSDk-aAswYtlXhvV9YOsy6-z4yrk4xCCrhWDj0mdCaGhWGwoGPDyYAm1T1UHtLJ_KWckDt4B3HuHmOFHaccp2k.jpg

OgAAAGLfZiuQ74Hljn6y3bx3Z5WmXW-34FWlQXProhPLfC5Pbmk_7_XGN96yajZpSOilWCUDvR4Ow-Jn6c9WoYVOOTEAm1T1UBxK01qEyYOWJ8F6iA19d0VTHfMu.jpg

OgAAADlXJZDo9u9-pr7H5x7tMaceq_OcuVfJuibg_wSU0JUDXPVZXbRroNsRJDdMyEASUjfgRix9AqePJyTdf9nxi0cAm1T1UESP2-L4M3L-gLw-j1prGBkAtYM7.jpg

I commented on the new ring a few days ago. I noticed it in photos from Chile .

Am I crazy, or is he wearing it the "wrong" way? I thought the heart pointed away from the body meant you were offering it out, and when worn toasted the body, it meant your heart was "spoken for"?

You'd think an Irishman would know that. :tsk: :wink:

Am I crazy, or is he wearing it the "wrong" way? I thought the heart pointed away from the body meant you were offering it out, and when worn toasted the body, it meant your heart was "spoken for"?

You'd think an Irishman would know that. :tsk: :wink:

I'm sorry cori, I'm just :giggle:ing at some of the corrections your ipad (?) has been making.

But anyway, I think Bono offers his heart to the world. :cute:
(But I don't know anything about claddaugh rings)

Toasted the world! :lol:

I mean, anyone can wear it how they want, but traditionally, when you're in a relationship and your heart "belongs" to another, you wear it crown out, protecting the heart close to your body. And if you're single, you "offer" your heart by wearing it pointed away. The heart stands for love, the crown for loyalty, and the hands (I think) friendship.

I always assume anyone who wears one knows a bit about the ring, but it's also possible someone can know but just not care. :wink:

Toasted the world! :lol:

I mean, anyone can wear it how they want, but traditionally, when you're in a relationship and your heart "belongs" to another, you wear it crown out, protecting the heart close to your body. And if you're single, you "offer" your heart by wearing it pointed away. The heart stands for love, the crown for loyalty, and the hands (I think) friendship.

I always assume anyone who wears one knows a bit about the ring, but it's also possible someone can know but just not care. :wink:

Aww cool :) My daughter wears one, so I just asked her and it seems she knew about it and wears it the correct way. LOL I had no idea. :D

(I think your ipad said something else somewhere too and I was trying to figure out what the heck you were talking about until I saw later you said you were using an ipad so then it made sense. :giggle: )

Yeah, for as cool as this thing is, it also kind of sucks sometimes. :wink:

I look forward to buying a new claddagh when I'm in Galway, where the rings originated. :)

Yeah, for as cool as this thing is, it also kind of sucks sometimes. :wink:

I look forward to buying a new claddagh when I'm in Galway, where the rings originated. :)

That will be totally awesome. :up:

I wrote an email to someone last night and I was pissed off at something and wrote GODDAMMIT!!! and AOL corrected it to MOHAMMED!!!!

I loled. :lol:

I have a claddaugh right now that I can't wear because the crown is so sharp, it's a weapon.

My husband's wedding band has a claddaugh set in it. I think he wears it the 'correct' way but who knows. Maybe he's putting it out there like Bono. :lol:

My wedding ring? Diamonds. Screw the claddaugh.

It looks like the crown is on "top" (closest to his hand) and the hand on the "bottom", holding the heart. If that's the case, he's wearing it the "correct" way.

When are you going to Ireland, Cori? :hyper:

Crap, I "quoted" the wrong picture.

Let's try this one:

5601594834_b788c2e382_b.jpg

Edit again: I totally missed that Grace already posted a link. I have to stop skimming.

It looks like the crown is on "top" (closest to his hand) and the hand on the "bottom", holding the heart. If that's the case, he's wearing it the "correct" way.

When are you going to Ireland, Cori? :hyper:

September! :) I'll have to resurrect the thread I started last year - you had some great suggestions, and pictures!

Huh, I thought it was the opposite re the ring. Off to Google!

*zoom*

Edit: How To Wear The Claddagh Ring

Looks like heart away from the body, towards the tips of the fingers, as Bono is wearing it, means you're available.

:shifty:

Yoo-hoo! Bono! Over here!

:wink:

I'm probably going to be too excited to sleep for an entire month leading up to it.

Which hopefully means I'll sleep like a baby on the plane! :wink:

I'm probably going to be too excited to sleep for an entire month leading up to it.

Which hopefully means I'll sleep like a baby on the plane! :wink:

Good to sleep on the plane--I had a screaming child two rows in front of me who never shut up the entire flight. Even with ear plugs, I didn't get much sleep! And I'm not sure about that thing about staying up when you get there, getting on Ireland time as soon as possible. If I get to go again, I'll be taking a nap, then going out! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom