Miscellaneous Picture Mix #40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
img3449p.jpg

img3380a.jpg

img3511w.jpg

I've just run into these photos.. I'm really confused%))
What was that??%))
2010-12-04212053.png

2010-12-04212106.png

I see the words 'Happy Anniversary' in French. One guy looks like Tony Curtis. The guy next to him looks like some sort of pagan Monk. When I first looked at the photo, I thought I had dropped some acid or someone put absinthe in my coffee. Surreal. Definitely looks 1999-2000 era Bono...in sexy black robe....

I guess we'll have to settle for this in the absence of kilt photos. :lol:

Artist Balthus 's 92 birthday in 2000 I'd assume (23rd birthday on the cake cause he was born on a leap day :)) - never seen these, but he died less than an year later and there's lots of pics of B in his funeral, and 100th birthday memorial

Oh , MY , GOD

Bono in a male Yukata!!! :lmao:

thinking it couldn't get any weirder after the pirates.

Those (and more I believe) have been posted round here in the past. I believe the woman in the photo (wearing black) is also Bono's goddaughter I want to say. Unless I'm getting her mixed up with someone else, but I think so. I can't remember her name right now but she was Balthus' wife.

Edit: Her name is Setsuko I believe.

Those (and more I believe) have been posted round here in the past. I believe the woman in the photo (wearing black) is also Bono's goddaughter I want to say. Unless I'm getting her mixed up with someone else, but I think so. I can't remember her name right now but she was Balthus' wife.

Edit: Her name is Setsuko I believe.

Yes, that's correct; the Japanese woman, Balthus' wife, is Bono's god-daughter. (I believe she converted to Christianity fairly late in life.) It was Balthus himself who gave Bono the costume to wear.

Yes, that's correct; the Japanese woman, Balthus' wife, is Bono's god-daughter. (I believe she converted to Christianity fairly late in life.) It was Balthus himself who gave Bono the costume to wear.

Must be a bit weird, being asked to be godfather to a woman, several years older than yourself..

There is a pic of Bono reading to an elder woman, isn't that her??
Of course I wouldn't know where to find the pic right now. :|

Must be a bit weird, being asked to be godfather to a woman, several years older than yourself..

Thank you biff :)

Greety if I'm thinking of the same pic you are, that is a different woman.

:wave:

I do recall a pic of him reading to Billy Graham's wife (Ruth?), but she's obviously not Japanese. :lol: Might that be the one? (I'll look for it.)

:wave:

I do recall a pic of him reading to Billy Graham's wife (Ruth?), but she's obviously not Japanese. :lol: Might that be the one? (I'll look for it.)

That's the one I also thought greety is thinking of. I have it too if you can't find it. :)

There are more photos of Bono and Setsuka from more recently too.

Ooh I hadn't seen the one on the couch yet. :ohmy: I downloaded the first one but the quality is so crap I deleted it. But that second one, :drool: I'll get it for you guys and you tube it. :hmm:

Ohhhh, thank you so much!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: How did you download it? :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom