Miscellaneous Picture Mix #27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Jersey 1981

NewJersey1981.jpg

NY 1981

waltzinNY1981.jpg

*These were posted earlier in this thread ;)

How to make a hit song revealed by U2

By Jason O'Brien

Tuesday December 16 2008

This is the reality behind the magic.

Two members of one of the biggest band in the world go almost unnoticed, surrounded by tonnes of recording equipment, as they put the finishing touches to their latest album in a London studio.

While Adam Clayton plays the bass, Bono tinkles the ivories in the background at Olympic Studios in our photograph taken by Kevin Davies. The studio, located in London's West End, is one of the most famous in the world with artists such as the Rolling Stones, The Who, Oasis and Bjork recording albums there.

And the studio's "live room" has been home to U2 for the past month.

The Dublin band had been due to release their 12th studio album -- which has a working title of 'No Line on the Horizon' -- in November, but decided at the last moment to continue recording.

It is understood that the band has penned up to 60 songs while working on the album, which is being produced by the team behind the 'Joshua Tree', Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois.

No release date has been confirmed for the new album which is expected early next year. The band was spotted out in the English capital last week shooting a video for the first single.

The video was shot by director Alex Courtes, who last worked with the band on the promo for 'City Of Blinding Lights' in 2006.

- Jason O'Brien

:hyper: I'M SO EXCITED!!! :hyper:

In London, Shooting A Video

Larry, Edge, Bono and Adam were holed up in a warehouse on the outskirts of London yesterday, shooting a video with director Alex Courtes.

Performing a brand new song, the band worked on the shoot from late morning till late night, the elegantly mustachioed Courtes directing proceedings on the green stage.

We are sworn to secrecy on the finer details of the shoot... but there may have been some marching girls involved. With their boots on.

Courtes last worked with the band - with Martin Fougerol - on the video for City of Blinding Lights in 2005. And their work on 'Vertigo' won them the Grammy for 'Best Short Form Video'. That was the first single release from 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'...

081215_02.jpg

A little more about the director

http://www.partizan.com/partizan/musicvideos/?alex_courtes

NME News

Olympic Studios face the financial crisis

Dec 16, 2008
1 Comments
The Rolling Stones news, reviews, video and tour dates
Add The Rolling Stones to MyNME
A London recording studio, which has seen The Rolling Stones, Oasis, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix through its doors, may close because of money problems.

The staff at the 42 year-old Olympic Studiosin Barnes - where U2 are currently recording - have been told by owners EMI that they may have to shut down as they aren't making enough money, reports The Evening Standard.

"The fact is the studios are not profitable, like many British studios," the paper reported a source as saying. "You can't get as much business as you used to in the past. And there's no sign of that situation improving."

Both Jimi Hendrix's 'Are You Experienced?' album and Eric Clapton's 'Wonderful Tonight' single were recorded at the studios - and The Rolling Stones worked on tracks for seven albums there.

Something that y'all might want to see. Please enjoy. :hyper:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQ61jqKFo74&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQ61jqKFo74&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I'm dissapointed that Bono is singing most of this song. His voice doesn't suit it, Edge does it much better.. he should've let Edge sing it instead of ruining it himself.

AtB, I think he said The Everly Brothers..

I'm dissapointed that Bono is singing most of this song. His voice doesn't suit it, Edge does it much better.. he should've let Edge sing it instead of ruining it himself.

AtB, I think he said The Everly Brothers..

Me thinks Edge´s voice was better for this song too.

Do you know what does "The Everly Brothers" mean GG ?? :uhoh:

Are they changing the band´s name ? :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom