Miscellaneous Picture Mix #27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
11473527-1.jpg

I waswondering where they were from. I don't think that I have seen them before, but maybe I have.

Sean Michaels
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday December 9 2008 11.01 GMT
Article history

01Will.jpg

Will.I.Am ... did he stumble into the studio and accidentally flip a switch? Photograph: Patrick Rideaux/Rex Features

The Black Eyed Peas' Will.I.Am is producing U2's new album, according to Kanye West.

As a piece of news, it seems blatantly false. Yes, U2 have been working for ages on the tentatively titled No Line On the Horizon. But they have been working for ages with the pristine talents of Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois – why would they swap these illustrious talents for the man who brought the world My Humps?

And yet, well, why would Kanye lie? Yesterday's blog declaration was relatively unequivocal. "WILL.I.AM IS PRODUCING ON U2'S NEXT ALBUM," Kanye wrote, caps lock key evidently stuck. "I'M SURE IT WILL BE DOPE AS SHIT JUDGING FROM THE CRAZY BEATS HE'S DONE IN THE PAST 3 YEARS!"

However, the neon-sunglassed rapper did not say that Will.I.Am had taken over for Eno and Lanois. But neither did he say that Will.I.Am had stumbled into the studio and accidentally flipped a switch. Unless Kanye West is just misinformed (and this is possible), we surmise Will.I.Am is just working on one song. Or a B-side. Or a remix. Or, er, a practical joke?

To be frank, a Will.I.Am take on U2 is the most abhorrent idea we have heard this year – and the year is almost over. We are great fans of Kanye but when it comes to Mr I.Am we must respectfully disagree. The man's production makes us snooze, and any team-up with U2 will, we are certain, make us want to crawl under the duvet in the foetal position. Just to make it go away. Also – is Bono going to rap?!

NME News

U2, Tom Waits pay their respects at legendary PR Rob Partridge's funeral
Billy Bragg sings at north London service

Dec 9, 2008

01rob.jpg

Tom Waits and all four members of U2 were among a number of artists who turned out today (December 9) to honour legendary music PR Rob Partridge.

As previously reported on NME.COM, Partridge, who founded the Mercury Prize, helped discover U2 and worked with the likes of Bob Marley and Marianne Faithful during his career, passed away on November 26 after battling cancer.

A host of artists who had worked with Partridge attended the funeral service in Golders Green, north London.

Along with Waits and Bono and co, The Charlatans' Tim Burgess also attended, while Billy Bragg sang 'Jerusalem' in front of the congregation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom